Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: Randomness

Postby Asso » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:52 pm

For those who are interested...

I have posted another chapter of "The Empire's Destiny" on my website
The Hope of the Empire
It is the tenth, while on fanfiction.net we are already at the twenty ninth.
Last edited by Asso on Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:53 pm

I love the art, Asso!
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:21 pm

I'm delighted, Alelou. :D
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:01 pm

That's a great picture, Asso.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:54 am

Thanks! :)

Cap'n Frances
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Cap'n Frances » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:34 am

I went to see my orthopedist today. They took the cast off and put me in a CAM walker boot. The boot is a clunky gray monstrosity, but it has the big advantages that I can take it off at night and to take a shower. Also he let me go from non-weight bearing (right foot doesn't touch floor when I walk) to partial weight bearing (use both feet when I walk but support half my weight on the crutches). Walking that way is much easier. I'm supposed to do that for the next six weeks. My right leg isn't happy yet with not having the protection of the cast and having to bear weight, but that should get better soon.

I still need to keep my foot elevated which makes working at the computer a challenge. Despite that, I've done at least a little writing every day for the last ten days or so. It's slow progress with the ankle and with the writing,but I seem to be going in the right direction.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:51 pm

Cap'n Frances wrote:I went to see my orthopedist today. They took the cast off and put me in a CAM walker boot. The boot is a clunky gray monstrosity, but it has the big advantages that I can take it off at night and to take a shower. Also he let me go from non-weight bearing (right foot doesn't touch floor when I walk) to partial weight bearing (use both feet when I walk but support half my weight on the crutches). Walking that way is much easier. I'm supposed to do that for the next six weeks. My right leg isn't happy yet with not having the protection of the cast and having to bear weight, but that should get better soon.

I still need to keep my foot elevated which makes working at the computer a challenge. Despite that, I've done at least a little writing every day for the last ten days or so. It's slow progress with the ankle and with the writing,but I seem to be going in the right direction.

:D :) :D

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:59 pm

Glad to hear things are improving Cap'n Frances. :clap: :thumbsup:

Bether6074
Site Donor

Postby Bether6074 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:06 am

I'm sure we must have discussed this in the past, but I wonder what makes us ship tv couples? Why do some people see or want romance between couples when others don't? I wonder now because my daughter currently ships a potential male couple. I enjoy their relationship and would be okay with whatever direction the writers decide to go with it, but I am not shipping it. I don't quite see what she does. Well, yet anyway...It's interesting to think about, though.

Cap'n Frances
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Cap'n Frances » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:48 am

Eirann,

I've finally solved my Authonomy problem and downloaded your book as a Kindle book. I'm on chapter 27 so far and I'm enjoying it.

Eireann
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Eireann » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:26 am

Cap'n Frances

I hope you realize it's only half of the book ... I thought I'd gauge reaction before I put the whole thing on!

Anyway thanks for letting me know you're enjoying it so far. One or two people have liked it, but I've got a few helpful suggestions for improvement. One or two people have said the whole thing needs to start somewhere else, but I'm afraid I'm digging my heels in on that one!

Cap'n Frances
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Cap'n Frances » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:45 pm

Fortunately I did notice before I started that it was only the first half. If I hadn't, I would have been very frustrated. I'm Looking forward to you getting it published so I can read the rest.

I "backed the book" and made a few comments in the review. I hope they're helpful. One thing I didn't mention on Authonomy was that I appreciated the Star Trek references, both the explicit one and what I took to be some more subtle references to Enterrpise.

I'm impressed when anyone finishes a novel. You've not only finisjphed one, but created one that is very well written and fun to read. I hope you find a publisher soon.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:47 pm

If I can ...
Shouldn't one think that there is some problem if, in a website consecrated to fanfiction dedicated to Trip and T'Pol, the last published piece is dated June 30, 2014?
It is a great pity.
TriaxianSilk is history!

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:10 pm

It is a great shame that there aren't more stories, but I hate the thought of Triaxian Silk being abandoned. Unfortunately I'm as guilty as anyone - none of my works-in-progress are ready to be published and they're all progressing *extremely* slowly, so I don't expect to publish anything soon, but I will get there eventually. It's some consolation to know that Enterprise stories still come up at fanfiction.net.

Return to “General Chat”