A problem which there is probably no way to fix

Report crashes, error messages, bugs here. Please copy and paste error messages as accurate as possible so we can correct the problem quickly, thank you!

Also now added: Any basic website/forum inquiries.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Linda
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

A problem which there is probably no way to fix

Postby Linda » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:28 pm

I could just scream. I am soooo discouraged. I just wrote a PM to someone which took me an hour and sent it...to oblivion. I thought I had signed in, but guess the process had not completed because after I sent my PM I got the sign in screen. I don't always remember to draft my PMs in Word. I didn't intend to write a long one, but it ended up long and there is no way I can reproduce what I wrote.

I thought you couldn't write a PM unless you were already signed in?
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Re: A problem which there is probably no way to fix

Postby TPoptarts » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:10 am

Yeah you can't write a PM unless you're signed in. You WERE signed in when you started typing the PM. But the board signs you out automatically after an hour without activity like clicking on something, refreshing etc. Typing in the textbox doesn't count because there's no way for the board to log it as your activity. So by the time you finished typing the board already signed you out. That's why when I type a PM (and I take like 10 hours sometimes... literally :? ) I keep refreshing the tab with the board index frequently to keep myself logged in. And before I hit the "submit" or "preview" I copy everything I just typed to the clipboard just in case the board/connection decides to fritz on me. Hey that happens too :? :roll: and then if the PM isn't sent for some reason you can always paste it right back in the textbox when you sign back in, or in a text file to send later. Or something. :)

But yeah the board signs you out automatically after an hour.
ImageImage

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Re: A problem which there is probably no way to fix

Postby JadziaKathryn » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:34 am

I clicked on the option to keep me logged in and, unless I log out or clear the cookies off my computer, I stay logged in all the time - through computer restarts and everything. That might help this one-hour business.

Return to “Bug Reports and Inquiries”