Picture threads?

Report crashes, error messages, bugs here. Please copy and paste error messages as accurate as possible so we can correct the problem quickly, thank you!

Also now added: Any basic website/forum inquiries.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

HopefulRomantic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Show On Map: No

Picture threads?

Postby HopefulRomantic » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:50 pm

This is a general inquiry to see if there's any interest in having picture threads here, for T/T, Enterprise characters in general, whatever.

With Kevin's wonderful picture thread at TBBS long since axed (before some of us Crying or Very sad had the time or wherewithall to save all the hi-res Ent pics), and now the picture threads at WWJB pruned because the board is running so slowly...

We. Need. Pictures.

Thankfully, there is still the T/T thread at TBBS, where pictures are regularly posted. But most of you do not venture near that joint.

So?

My wishes for pics, beyond the obvious, would be behind-the-scenes shots from the show, from those of you who have had time to scour the Net for them (again, not me), and hi-res pictures. Ahem, Kevin. Very Happy

Speaking of... now that you have your own site, would you consider setting up a publicly accessible photo-storage account with all of those lovely pictures stored in one place, and linking that site to your webpage? That's what I've done with my screencaps site. Just a thought.

T'anks. Smile

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Picture threads?

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:38 pm

HopefulRomantic wrote:My wishes for pics, beyond the obvious, would be behind-the-scenes shots from the show, from those of you who have had time to scour the Net for them (again, not me), and hi-res pictures. Ahem, Kevin. Very Happy

Speaking of... now that you have your own site, would you consider setting up a publicly accessible photo-storage account with all of those lovely pictures stored in one place, and linking that site to your webpage? That's what I've done with my screencaps site. Just a thought.

T'anks. Smile

Heh! I have been thinking about it. Perhaps there is even room on my website to host pics there, but maybe they have a file size limit or something. I just don't know yet. Photobucket is out of the question since they do have a file size limit and I'm not willing to pay the money to get a better deal. I'm already going to have to pay freewebs so I can post more than 20 pages for my reviews... Rolling Eyes

We'll see. I also have to sort through my harddrive, and my old computer to collect them all. But rest assured that they still exist in some form. Smile
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:07 pm

Sure. Start one Smile

Jedikatie
Commander
Commander

Postby Jedikatie » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:38 pm

^
Just be sure and host the pictures on your site, though. And clearly mark the thread as being pictures, so those who have slower connections can decide if they want to open a thread full of pictures or not (since loading times can really drag if the thread has a ton of pictures for those who might still be on dial up).
Was this the army that invaded your country, ma'am? No, officer, they were taller than that...

How about this one? I'm not sure--get them to march up and down a bit...

(From Terry Pratchett's Jingo)

HopefulRomantic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby HopefulRomantic » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:25 am

Elessar wrote:Sure. Start one Smile

Cool! Thanks, boss!

What forum do you recommend? Fanfiction? T/T pics in the "T/T Discussion" thread, and suchlike? Or start a "Pictures" sub-forum in the Fanfiction forum? Don't know if there's enough slavering for pictures to warrant that... *shrug*

ETA: Also, what's a good size? My screencaps are 852 pixels wide, and I have a widescreen monitor, so I'm a crappy judge of what's "too wide." Better to reduce the size? 800? 650? Suggestions welcome. Smile

dark_rain
Site Admin

Postby dark_rain » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:39 am

It's not much work to make a subforum. We'll do it that way. That way it also stops anyone on a slow connection accidenatly opening a picture thread and grinding to a halt
voo@octane2:~> uname -a
IRIX64 octane2 6.5 07080050 IP30

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:28 am

HopefulRomantic wrote:ETA: Also, what's a good size? My screencaps are 852 pixels wide, and I have a widescreen monitor, so I'm a crappy judge of what's "too wide." Better to reduce the size? 800? 650? Suggestions welcome. Smile

I say keep 'em as large as possible. I loooove large pics! Smile If they stretch the page they can always be linked to.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

HopefulRomantic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby HopefulRomantic » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:39 am

Thanks for the subforum, dark_rain! I've already started a thread up. Very Happy

And Kevin, sure, I can link to big pictures. But I need to know what to post in the thread, for ease of viewing, so people won't have to scroll annoyingly from side to side if the picture is too large.

And COOL that you still have all your hi-res pictures. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Return to “Bug Reports and Inquiries”