Background color not that great

Report crashes, error messages, bugs here. Please copy and paste error messages as accurate as possible so we can correct the problem quickly, thank you!

Also now added: Any basic website/forum inquiries.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Kenshin
Imager
Show On Map: No

Background color not that great

Postby Kenshin » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:14 pm

Hey,
I just wanted to read Amok2's new story and wanted to say that the background color isn't that great to read on. It really would be better if it were just one color and not the way it is now with the bright and dark parts.
The background color at Decon Chamber is also not that good imo, I can't read on it, it hurts my eyes.
The best background is imo at Main Engineering, that one is very good for the eyes, can't you use it everywhere? :D
But who knows, maybe I'm the only who has problems with those colors, then I'll just have to c&p the stories into Word.

Greetz Kenshin

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:29 pm

Yeah ... I'm not real keen on the colors except for Main Engineering & the Library at P'Jem sections. The ones in TriSilk & Decon are just too bright for my tastes...
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Jedikatie
Commander
Commander

Postby Jedikatie » Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:47 pm

^
I'll try and come up with a better version later, then. I literally have to leave for work in about two minutes else I'm going to be late...
Was this the army that invaded your country, ma'am? No, officer, they were taller than that...

How about this one? I'm not sure--get them to march up and down a bit...

(From Terry Pratchett's Jingo)

Jedikatie
Commander
Commander

Postby Jedikatie » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:54 am

Okay, I changed the background color on the decon page to a lighter shade of blue (I'd intended to do that anyway, just hadn't gotten around to it yet). And I dulled out the color in the background of the main pages so it's not quite so vibrant an orange color now, hopefully that helps.
Was this the army that invaded your country, ma'am? No, officer, they were taller than that...

chrisis1033
Imager

Postby chrisis1033 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:00 am

well I suspect that you will never satisfy everyone...

Jedikatie
Commander
Commander

Postby Jedikatie » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:16 am

^
You're quite probably right.

But I thought I'd at least try, and I was planning to make the decon chamber color a lighter blue anyway because I didn't care much for that shade myself... teal isn't that good a color for a background.

Kenshin
Imager

Postby Kenshin » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:10 am

Yeah,
the Decon Chamber is much better now. The TnT section is bit better, but it still has that, what is it called, shading? Light and darker parts which isn't good to read on. If you like that shaded background picture how about using it only on the TriS pages that has no actual fiction on them and for TnT-fiction one with a single color. Other than that, the site is perfect IMO :D

Greetings Kenshin (who hopes he's not annoying Jedikatie ^^)

Jedikatie
Commander
Commander

Postby Jedikatie » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:57 am

You're not bugging me, Kenshin. I can't really see the difference now myself (it sort of blended light and dark areas together for the most part on my screen when I did that last bit).

Totally OT--but where did you get that av of Wonder Woman, did you do it? My best friend absolutely loves Wonder Woman (she has a ton of WW stuff), and I know that she'd be thrilled if I pointed to her to a site online with artwork like that...

Kenshin
Imager

Postby Kenshin » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:19 pm

Well, this is the background picture you're using and it has bright and dark parts in it. I think it's distracting when you try to read on it.

I wish I had the talent to draw like that, but that's an artwork made by my favourite Comic Book Artist Michael Turner. Found it via google picture search.

Here's the one from the ava:

And another one by Turner:

Return to “Bug Reports and Inquiries”