Font size

Report crashes, error messages, bugs here. Please copy and paste error messages as accurate as possible so we can correct the problem quickly, thank you!

Also now added: Any basic website/forum inquiries.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Font size

Postby TPoptarts » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:04 am

I've noticed like in posts and in sigs all the text that used to be like larger or smaller than the normal font size (like before the upgrade) is now like really really REALLY impossibly tiny (yes what used to be like "tiny" is now even tinier). :? :? In the older (default) layout at least because that's what I'm using :?
ImageImage

cherryblossomjen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Font size

Postby cherryblossomjen » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:11 am

I've been curious about that as well. I've had to hover over the links to see where they take you. The letters are itty-bitty.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:34 am

That's someting you have to change in your browser. Usually it's under "View".

dark_rain
Site Admin

Postby dark_rain » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:34 pm

I'll have a little cruise through the template and push all the text sizes up notch, when I get the chance.
voo@octane2:~> uname -a
IRIX64 octane2 6.5 07080050 IP30

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:18 pm

CX wrote:That's someting you have to change in your browser. Usually it's under "View".

No dude not THAT. :? :? I'm talking about the font size in posts/sigs that posters set to any size but normal, like tiny, small, large, or huge that like before the upgrade used to appear the size it was set to, now all the text size that wasn't set to "normal" appears like really really tiny regardless of whether it was originally smaller or larger than "normal". And my browser's always set on medium :? :?
ImageImage

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:53 am

I think I know what the problem is. Like before the upgrade the font sizes were defined by like points/pixels or something, so smaller fonts would be like 9 or 7, and larger fonts would be like 18 etc. Now the new system is defined by like percentage or something, like "normal" is 100% and small is like 85, huge is 200 etc. And since in the previous system the size was always like a number way smaller than 100 it interprets it in percents now and makes a tiny text.
ImageImage

dark_rain
Site Admin

Postby dark_rain » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:20 pm

Ok, I can see that this isn't going to go away on its own. :)

When you see such a font size error, post a link to the thread (+page) to this thread and one of us will deal with it. It would take hours to search the entire forum by hand.

:D
voo@octane2:~> uname -a
IRIX64 octane2 6.5 07080050 IP30

Return to “Bug Reports and Inquiries”