Comment forms on websites

Report crashes, error messages, bugs here. Please copy and paste error messages as accurate as possible so we can correct the problem quickly, thank you!

Also now added: Any basic website/forum inquiries.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Comment forms on websites

Postby CX » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:57 pm

I'm about to start a new project, though my inquiry would also apply to my Foundations and GoF websites. Basically, I'm looking for a way to have comments on individual pages on a normal html/php website. I've seen some very basic ways of doing that which involve using MySQL or whatever its called, but there are a couple problems with that for me. For one, I have no idea how to use MySQL, though it is available through my host, and in fact my forum is making use of it somehow. For another, the forms I'm talking about are very basic and vulnerable to spammers. So what I'm looking for is a way to have a comment form that requires a log-in through Facebook or WordPress, of LiveJournal, or what have you. I know TriS has comment forms, so I was wondering if someone here might be able to help me figure this stuff out, or at least point me to a site/community that could help me. :?

Kotik

Re: Comment forms on websites

Postby Kotik » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:20 pm

Hi CX,

Drop me a PM with details of what you're looking for. As a professional programmer of almost 20 years, I should be able to handle the MYSQL stuff for you 8)

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Comment forms on websites

Postby CX » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:57 am

I can no longer post new threads, though I can still post replies to existing threads.

This is the error generated when I attempt to post new threads:

(#283) Requires extended permission: manage_pages

What's going on?

Return to “Bug Reports and Inquiries”