State of the site

Report crashes, error messages, bugs here. Please copy and paste error messages as accurate as possible so we can correct the problem quickly, thank you!

Also now added: Any basic website/forum inquiries.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Kotik

State of the site

Postby Kotik » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:53 am

Hi folks,

There seems to be a persistent problem with the database server. This problem has been noticable for about 2 weeks now and usually occures in the mornings between 0700 and 1000 Zulu. The forum is usually completely inaccessible, because the Mysql server bails out because of too many connections, which is odd, because for most parts of the day, I'm usually alone in here occasionally accompanied by my old pals BING-Bot and Google-Bot.

Today seemed to be a complete meltdown, because the Home page (with the latest updates) wasn't working either, because it couldn't connect to the mysql server. When I tried to access the forum, it tried to connect for about 10 minutes and then timed out with this message:

The mysql server has gone away

I'm not making this up. That was the actual error message :lol: Maybe someone can take a look at that?

BTW. Judging by the looks of the 'too many connections' error message, it appears that the board uses an admin account to connect to the mysql server. I'm not so sure whether that is such a brilliant idea from a security point of view.

justTripn
Consigliere
Show On Map: No

Re: State of the site

Postby justTripn » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:38 pm

Thank you Kotik! I wondered where everybody went. I've emailed the team. *crosses fingers* Hope everything is back to normal soon. I want to post some fanfic.

Sorry people!
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: State of the site

Postby Cogito » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:49 pm

I hit that problem a couple of weeks ago, but it went away after a couple of hours (phew!) and hasn't happened to me again.

Return to “Bug Reports and Inquiries”