Structuring the Archive

Report crashes, error messages, bugs here. Please copy and paste error messages as accurate as possible so we can correct the problem quickly, thank you!

Also now added: Any basic website/forum inquiries.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Kotik

Structuring the Archive

Postby Kotik » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:38 pm

There is a lot of great stories in our archive, but finding them once they have been bumped off the front page is really difficult. Currently the archive just plainly lists them and their rating, but I think there are some important information missing:

• Is it a chaptered work or not
  • How long is it (or word count)
  • Is it completed or abandoned (obviously only applies to chaptered work)

Is there any chance of such things being enabled in the archive? Currently one has to click his/her way through all of them to find the real gems.

[EDIT]
I forgot. Some authors (like Bluetiger for instance) write sequels or prequels to stories, effectively forming their own small universe. Is there any way to visualize that stories belong together and in which order?

justTripn
Consigliere
Show On Map: No

Re: Structuring the Archive

Postby justTripn » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Sorry Kotik,

These are all good ideas. I read this and meant to comment. Yes, there is already a way to link stories in as series. For an example, click on any Missing Scene from Season One, Two, or Three, by Alelou, and you will see it is in a series. Similarly all my E-squared stories are in a series. Elessar's Your Mom and Me stories are in a series. If any author wants their stories in a series, just leave a request here or PM me. Give me a list of all stories in order and suggest a name for your series.

justTrip'n
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Return to “Bug Reports and Inquiries”