Explanation

Report crashes, error messages, bugs here. Please copy and paste error messages as accurate as possible so we can correct the problem quickly, thank you!

Also now added: Any basic website/forum inquiries.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Explanation

Postby Asso » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:11 pm

I would like to have an explanation.
I noticed (in reality, I wasn't the only one) that in the Archive there's a story of "The Cursor".
It is "Best Man".
I certainly don't want to discuss about the worth of this story. Of course, it is totally disagreeable for me, but probably some people could like it.
But I wonder: didn't Elessar say, as owner of this site, that stories involving Archer/T'Pol relationship are not exactly welcome here?
I know these are not my business, I'm only a reader and a writer. But I don't feel well, knowing that this (HONESTLY, you have to excuse me) objectionable and nasty story is in the archive.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Re: Explanation

Postby Aquarius » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:27 pm

Personally I don't have an answer, as this is the first I've heard of it. How long has it been up?
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:36 pm

I don't know.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:45 pm

Okay, I just read the fic in question. It was written in February of 2003--which, if I remember my Enterprise airing timeline correctly, that means it was written late in the second season.

Keeping this in mind, the way the show worked, T'Pol could've ended up with anyone at that point, and they were heavily pushing the TnA ship.

That said, having read the piece, it's clear that the focus is Trip's feelings about T'Pol, and not about TnA living happily ever after. Speaking for myself here, while it may border on "controversial" (though to my own reckoning even that would be a little over-reactionary), I feel it still fits within the spirit of the site's mission, because the focus is Trip's feelings for T'Pol. As far as I'm concerned, the only thing it's guilty of is being a little angsty for my personal taste, but not of a major violation of the board rules.

So, unless Elessar rules to the contrary, my advice is either take it in the spirit it was meant and consider when it was written, or file this one under "you can't please everybody." ;-)

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:59 pm

Yes, Silverbullet also pointed this out. I was just going to go read the story. I know of one other Archer/T'Pol story that is archived at HoT, reason being that Trip and T'Pol are nevertheless still in love despite the fact that they were forced by circumstance to marry other people. So there are reasons to have T'Pol/Archer stories on a Trip and T'Pol site.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:11 pm

This time, I disagree TOTALLY.
If this is the road, EVERYTHING COULD BE ALLOWED.
It would be enough a tenuous ghost of a feeling between Trip and T'Pol. Or maybe, just a subtle suggestion, not even real.
For me, excuse me, this is not the spirit of this site. Rather, the spirit I thought this site should have.
Anyway, this is my personal idea, obviously.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:35 pm

You're entitled to disagree, Asso, but please consider that no matter WHERE we draw the line, SOMEONE is going to be unhappy, okay?

dark_rain
Site Admin

Postby dark_rain » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:55 pm

As this issue has been explained, I'm locking this thread to prevent any arguments. Don't worry Asso, this site will always be about our couple! :)
voo@octane2:~> uname -a
IRIX64 octane2 6.5 07080050 IP30

Return to “Bug Reports and Inquiries”