can't post comment

Report crashes, error messages, bugs here. Please copy and paste error messages as accurate as possible so we can correct the problem quickly, thank you!

Also now added: Any basic website/forum inquiries.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Transwarp
Captain
Captain
Show On Map: No

can't post comment

Postby Transwarp » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:11 am

I've been trying to post a comment on Assos new chapter of 'shore leave'

I type in the verification text (the recaptcha thing to prove I'm human), then click the button below, but nothing happens. Is it just me? (I noticed one comment was posted.) Any idea what's wrong?

Please advise.
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.

Elessar
Site Owner

Re: can't post comment

Postby Elessar » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:01 pm

I think we've determined it's like a browser issue, right? For now use the other browser you figured out works, but if I know Mike he's o-so-irritated by it so he'll figure it out :lol:
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

mjimeyg
Site Admin

Postby mjimeyg » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:38 am

Elessar wrote:I think we've determined it's like a browser issue, right? For now use the other browser you figured out works, but if I know Mike he's o-so-irritated by it so he'll figure it out :lol:

My current state: :evilmonkey:

But unfortunately, it does sound like an issue with your specific browser instance.

If more people report a similar problem, then that might indicate something I can tackle.

Still doesn't change the fact that Elessar is right. These bugs irritate me!
:banghead: :bitch: :explode: :evilmonkey:

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:44 am

Why is it that when I read the forum in Firefox, the "View Active Topics" button doesn't distinguish stuff I've just read?

This is my other problem with Firefox, which may be why this is happening -- all the plug-ins that it says I need (and which I already have for IE, like Flash) don't work, even if I download them again through Firefox. It's as if IE has grabbed them and refuses to let them run with Firefox, although I really have no idea why it's happening. I've tried deleting and reinstalling Firefox (since it also remains deeply attached to Verizon, which I haven't had for years) and that doesn't help. So I couldn't switch over to Firefox even if I wanted to, because I'd be blocked from doing things I want to do. Any ideas?
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Ludmila
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Ludmila » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:27 pm

Alelou wrote:Why is it that when I read the forum in Firefox, the "View Active Topics" button doesn't distinguish stuff I've just read?

Firefox does not use the auto-resfesh function. It may be nice when I plan to see some site where I am lurker but it is useful only at the first visit in one time. But Firefox irritates me when I must push the button "Refresh" after the every my pushing on the button "Back".
As a result I am usung the both browsers. Firefox is for the sites which are visited by me one time per day. IE is for the rest.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:44 pm

Alelou wrote:Why is it that when I read the forum in Firefox, the "View Active Topics" button doesn't distinguish stuff I've just read?

This is my other problem with Firefox, which may be why this is happening -- all the plug-ins that it says I need (and which I already have for IE, like Flash) don't work, even if I download them again through Firefox. It's as if IE has grabbed them and refuses to let them run with Firefox, although I really have no idea why it's happening. I've tried deleting and reinstalling Firefox (since it also remains deeply attached to Verizon, which I haven't had for years) and that doesn't help. So I couldn't switch over to Firefox even if I wanted to, because I'd be blocked from doing things I want to do. Any ideas?

Try Opera, maybe? Or Safari?
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:12 pm

Gah, I had Safari at the ad agency when I worked on a Mac and I found it very unstable.

I'll probably just switch between the two. I like Mozilla for logging into work from home since it remembers my passwords, which the college requires every time I want to do ANYTHING... laziness is king!
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Return to “Bug Reports and Inquiries”