A leap of faith...

Website and forum announcements!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

A leap of faith...

Postby Distracted » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:56 am

As some of you may know, about two weeks ago I attended a writer's seminar taught by Tess Gerritson and Michael Palmer, two New York Times bestselling authors who are also physicians. It was an amazing conference, and after a lot of positive feedback for my ideas from fellow writers and even a couple of literary agents, I am greatly encouraged to pursue my own aspirations as a writer. One of the first principles I was taught at the conference is that in order to get published, a writer must first have a completed manuscript. Pursuant to that goal I have decided that I need to make more room in my daily schedule for writing. To do that as a full-time practicing physician will be a challenge. Something has to give.

So... as of this month I will be stepping down as one of the administrators of Triaxian Silk. You may also find that I'm pretty scarce on the boards. I will, however, continue to partner with Blacknblue on Lerteiran for as long as we can keep it up. I'm having entirely too much fun with it to give it up now.

If I do sell anything to a publisher, you can be certain that you guys will be some of the first to know. Keep your fingers crossed! God Bless.

Distracted/Chris Hayes
Image sig by chrisis1033

justTripn
Consigliere

Re: A leap of faith...

Postby justTripn » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:55 am

:( It is the end of an era!!! After all the stories and all the beta-ing which helped so many (including me) get started writing fanfic! I totally understand where you are coming from. All good things must come to an end. Go out there an pursue your calling. THANK YOU for EVERYTHING.

:hug: (even though I don't like to give these out). :( :lol:

justTrip'n/Ann

:(
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:57 am

Good luck, D
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:53 am

Best of luck in your writing career, Dis! :)
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:34 am

:) Good Luck Distracted getting your novel published.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:41 am

Congrats, and good luck! I wish I had your courage.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:10 am

Good luck Dis :)

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:04 am

When I got angry and sad because of the heinous end of "Enterprise" and the consequent miscarriage of the love story I had became addicted with, between Trip and T'pol, I started to look for something that was capable of giving me solace.
I discovered the "Trip/T'Polers" site, and there I found your stories, Distracted, together with the stories of many other authors, who donated me relief.
Then, "Trip/T'Polers" site ended, but "Triaxiansilk" appeared, and there was always you, with your stories and your touch.
I really hope your aspirations get fulfilled, Distracted, but do not forget us, please.
Glance at this site, sometimes.
I think all of us could feel ourselves as true orphans, otherwise. :)
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:31 am

justTripn wrote::( It is the end of an era!!! After all the stories and all the beta-ing which helped so many (including me) get started writing fanfic! I totally understand where you are coming from. All good things must come to an end. Go out there an pursue your calling. THANK YOU for EVERYTHING.

:hug: (even though I don't like to give these out). :( :lol:

justTrip'n/Ann

:(

You just hold your tongue! It damn well better not be the end of anything! :lol:

You and I spoke D, but I wish you well and obviously great fortune and prosperity in writing... What I think is probably the greatest legacy of this fandom is that we have contributed at least two great writing souls pursuant to a serious mark in the field, specifically from this sub-sub-sub-genre of us. I have no doubt there are untold numbers of others, brought out of the shell and coaxed into the open with their writing prowess, whose talent and brilliance will flourish far beyond the doors of Triaxian Silk.

I do not relish the challenge ahead for those you leave behind, D -- to find inspiration when so notable a muse in our midst departs :D

Good luck!
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:44 am

Good luck! Do pop in and visit now and again, and I continue to look forward to more Lerteiran.

Pitseleh
Commander
Commander

Postby Pitseleh » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:38 am

Best of luck, Dis. I'll always be thankful for all the awesome TnT fic you gave us. May the future bring wide open doors to succeed in your new endeavor.
Image for avatar found in Enterprise Oddities; created by ivymae

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:07 am

Distracted wrote:As some of you may know, about two weeks ago I attended a writer's seminar taught by Tess Gerritson and Michael Palmer, two New York Times bestselling authors who are also physicians. It was an amazing conference, and after a lot of positive feedback for my ideas from fellow writers and even a couple of literary agents, I am greatly encouraged to pursue my own aspirations as a writer.

I am happy for you that the seminar went so well and that you are going to pursue your aspirations as a writer.
I enjoyed your stories! :D
I still remember one line in one of the last stories when T'pol and Trip are in the water and she is thinking how he also moves her. That scene really made an impression on me.
I have noticed that when writers are honest and write from the heart, it moves people in their hearts. Because I think you share both qualities, I am very sure that you are going to be a great writer.
Thank you for your stories and your posts on TRIS and good luck writing your novel!
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Return to “Announcements”