The Millie Ruprecht Memorial Trekkership for Needy Trekkers

Website and forum announcements!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Would you be interested in:

Donating money to needy Trekkers who just want to attend a nearby trek con with their TrekSibs? (nb: trying to buy T'Pol's undies on eBay doesn't count as legitimate "need" :lol:)
50%
Occasionally donating money to other causes, decided upon together? (ooo: Triaxian!Publicity)
50%
Receiving donatins as an Official Needy Trekker? (only check if ur ACTUALLY needy...I mean we'd all *like* donations, but do u *need* them? :lol:)
No votes
Not donating or receiving at all?
No votes

Total votes: 10

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

The Millie Ruprecht Memorial Trekkership for Needy Trekkers

Postby enterprikayak » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:57 am

Here's the "donating money to assist Trekkers who want to Trek and can't" thread.

Also, perhaps one day the "assisting Trek!Farmers whose cornfield/cows have been unfairly appropriated by alien forces" thread.

I'll add more tomorrow, but it's 2 am and I'm working on my protest site. YAR! :lol:

(And if you wanna know who Millie Ruprecht is, click here) :lol:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Asso
Site Donor

Re: The Millie Ruprecht Memorial Trekkership for Needy Trekkers

Postby Asso » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:52 am

Your link reminds me of your unfinished story! :?
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:40 pm

I keep waiting for magic elves to finish it in the night. :lol:

There are dozens more pages ready to go, but it needs an all over final polishing and I never seem to get quiet, private, sitting-and-reading time. Posting on the fly as you run around with your toddler is one thing, but y'think she'll let you sit and look at something quietly for more than 2 seconds? Nah-uh.

So, I should budget my time and do it during naps I guess.

Ironically, this part of the story is how impossible small progeny can be regarding the whole rest of your life. I know whereof I write. Or, I would if I could get a frikking chance.

(I know: you guys are all: "Fleet Captain much? you've got TONS of time." Which is true. I have tons of little moments. But there's just always juice to get, and bath toys to play with in the warm February sun, and diapers to change, and potties to sit on, and that kind of scattered attention is fine for blathering senselessly on the board, but it makes for really crappy proofreading of a story.)

What a set of excuses. If poor overwrought Elessar can write, I should be able to. I actually took my laptop (which I write on) out of the closet and looked at its lid for a while the other day. Baby steps. Baby steps. I'm getting there. :guffaw: You peeps may have noticed over the years, I tend to run hot and cold on my many zany projects.

Case in point: I haven't gone to bed yet (it's 430 am) cause I've been finishing my protest site. And I am using tables so it took me forever, like evcake says. :raspberry: :D
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:06 pm

I hope I'm able to translate the Italian term "IMMAGIFICO". It means more or less: rich in imagination - strongly, highly imaginative.
You sound thus, to me! :D
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:35 pm

either that or completely crazy

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:34 pm

This is at least as important as my other favorite cause: helping needy soccer players play soccer.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:52 pm

My favorite charity is my daughter's family - kind of the black hole that future retirement money goes down. When I complained to a friend about how much I had done to help them over the years, my friend said "Come on, we are going to city hall right now to start some paperwork". When I asked "why, I really don't have any legal issues with the kids", my friend said "We are going to start legal procedures so that you can adopt me". :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is a true friend who knows how to make you laugh in the way of telling you that you are going overboard in helping someone!
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Return to “Announcements”