Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Should we give Johnny money?

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:16 pm

Yo, Elessar.....

I remember that you were "raking in donations" last year for the site when we first coalesced into being....but how are the site's outgoing finances now?

Do you need another wee cash injection from the site's denizens to cover operating costs? Cause we'd all love to PayPal you a couple of bucks if you need it.

(I'm taking the liberty of speaking for everyone here, but I do know there's lots o' peeps who can help out with $5 or $8 or $10).

Anyhow, just thought I'd ask.

And thanks again for all yer hard work! (And all the rest o' you moderators too!)
Last edited by enterprikayak on Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Should we give Johnny money?

Postby evcake » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:37 pm

What she said.
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:14 pm

evcake wrote:What she said.

ABSOLUTELY!
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:17 pm

Yep. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:42 am

Especially we Johnny-come-latelies. I'm game.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:07 am

Oh Johnny-Come-Latelies gotta give Johnny money. :D ;)

I notice Johnny is conspicuously absent here.

Oi! Johnny!
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:11 am

enterprikayak wrote: Oi! Johnny!

Oi! Johnny!
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:34 am

TSara
Captain
Captain

Postby TSara » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:48 pm

Has anyone tried PMing him?

I can maybe give if need be as well!
"It can giggle all it wants, but the galaxy isn't gettin' any of our bourbon." -Trip to Malcolm Shuttlepod One

Archer: You missed T'Pol's latest bout with chopsticks.
Trip: Damn, dinner and a show.- Silent Enemy

http://www.myspace.com/hylndlas

http://tsara80.livejournal.com/

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:36 pm

I'M BACK! :lol:

Been quite busy, sorry. I peruse but I don't always see everything... Luckily JT is a fantastic volunteer-secretary :D

Beautiful "OI JOHNNY!" there.

No, actually we're doing great. I really appreciate everyone's generosity but two things have contributed to putting us in a great place right now: 1) Everyone's generosity on the first go-round, and 2) our switch to a new, most affordable (and as everyone has noticed) more reliable host in September of 2007.

As part of our signup on the new host in September 2007, we signed up for 2 years for a bulk deal, which left us with $100.45. I don't remember exactly how much that first 2-years was, but we did it because we got a significant discount on the per-month cost of hosting service over a shorter-term arrangement.

So, for the books, we will need to renew our domain ownership cost of $7.95/year in December of 2008 (this year), which I picked up personally in a 2-year deal because it was nothing, and we'll have to renew our hosting services in September of 2009 as per our 2-year agreement with HostMonster.com

Once we get to that September 2009 mark, assuming we're all still here :wink:, we will need a little more to get another 2-year deal out of it. I can't remember exactly how much it was for the 2-year deal but I think it was a little over a hundred.

Sooo... thanks to everyone! I know it seems like we're havin a free ride here, cuz it's been awhile, but we've just been fortunate enough to have such generous donors and also our move to the new host really expanded our lifetime on the existing funds.

I'm just happy things are still going and I apologize for the recent slacking in getting things posted expeditiously but also thank kindly our assisting mod staff that has been so helpful and dutiful :). This semester has been rougher than any other (which is saying something, compared to 9 others, lol) since I have to graduate and get into the Marine Corps and all that, so I appreciate everyone's patience and confidence when I disappear for a few days or weeks. But don't worry, someone's always in command :)
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:41 pm

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:19 am

I had a nap this morning when toddlerScribe went down and I dreamed that Elessar and JustTripn and my sister were all at my house visiting and we looked up and about 200 wildly different spiders had come in thru the window and were perching upside down on the ceiling above my bed. :brrrrrr:

You all helped me put them into ziplock pencil cases, but they kept falling into the bed.

:? WTF? :guffaw:

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:11 am

^ I think the spiders represent all our different readers! ;)
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:12 am

And I wasn't there??? *pout*

I wanna go spider huntin' too, but you didn't invite me. Meanie. *bigger pout 'til the lower lip's touchin' the chin*

:lol: :lol: :lol: (Whacked out dream, there, girl!)
Image sig by chrisis1033

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:23 am

^ Well you get to be in some of my dreams if it makes you feel better... well probably not because my dreams are like way whackier than "spider hunting" :? :roll: :dunno: (you've seen the dreams thread :? )
ImageImage

Return to “Announcements”