Announcing: Triaxian Silk is Now On Teamspeak!

Website and forum announcements!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Elessar
Site Owner

Announcing: Triaxian Silk is Now On Teamspeak!

Postby Elessar » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:59 pm

For those who do not know what Teamspeak is, it is a voice-communication online conferencing/chat software with which multiple individuals can communicate over voice or text. The structure is like that of several chat rooms but they are exclusive to Triaxian Silk members. In order to talk you must have a microphone, but you can also join and just 'hear' as long as you have speakers.

Soon we may be launching some activities using the Triaxian Silk teamspeak so I invite everyone to download and install the freeware software at this page:

http://www.goteamspeak.com/?page=downloads

You will also need the server connection information:

Label: Triaxian Silk

Server Address: darknet.dnsdojo.net

Nickname: YourChoice

Anonymous

Server Password: idic001

Elessar
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: Announcing: Triaxian Silk is Now On Teamspeak!

Postby TPoptarts » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:32 pm

Dumb question: how do people actually talk on that thing?? :? :? Like just by being connected? Or huh?? :? :oops: :?
ImageImage

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:15 pm

http://www.gototeamspeak.com has a number of how-to's on it for using TS. But here are the basics for talking...

Once you've connected to the server, you go to Settings-->Sound Input/Output Settings to set Output Volume, and set whether you want it on Push to Talk mode or Voice Activation. I would recommend Push-to-Talk mode in which case you have to be holding the button you choose, while you talk. It switches off as soon as you let go.

If you're having trouble getting your microphone to work go to Settings-->Options.
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:26 pm

ImageImage

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:34 pm

cool! downloading now.

as i blasted scrolling thru the legalese, I think I saw a thing saying if you're the in-charge guy (elessar) you have to pay $10 and then $14 monthly. can we paypal you like $5 each if we want to help you offset costs?
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

dark_rain
Site Admin

Postby dark_rain » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:54 pm

enterprikayak wrote:cool! downloading now.

as i blasted scrolling thru the legalese, I think I saw a thing saying if you're the in-charge guy (elessar) you have to pay $10 and then $14 monthly. can we paypal you like $5 each if we want to help you offset costs?

That only applies to commercial users and servers with more than 1000 users.
voo@octane2:~> uname -a
IRIX64 octane2 6.5 07080050 IP30

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:57 pm

But what about this bit?

Teamspeak wrote:If you are registering to become an ATHP, you hereby acknowledge that there will be a $10 SETUP FEE in addition to a MINIMUM monthly license fee of $14 for a 100 minimum slot count. ...This means that you will be billed and invoiced on the first day of each month for all hosting based on AVERAGE MONTHLY SLOT COUNT that occurred during the previous month, with a minimum fee of $14 for a 100 minimum slot count. All payments are due 15 days after you receive your invoice (NET 15). ATHPs that fail to comply with our licensing requirements may have their ATHP license revoked and/or servers suspended.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

dark_rain
Site Admin

Postby dark_rain » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:17 pm

enterprikayak wrote:But what about this bit?

Teamspeak wrote:If you are registering to become an ATHP, you hereby acknowledge that there will be a $10 SETUP FEE in addition to a MINIMUM monthly license fee of $14 for a 100 minimum slot count. ...This means that you will be billed and invoiced on the first day of each month for all hosting based on AVERAGE MONTHLY SLOT COUNT that occurred during the previous month, with a minimum fee of $14 for a 100 minimum slot count. All payments are due 15 days after you receive your invoice (NET 15). ATHPs that fail to comply with our licensing requirements may have their ATHP license revoked and/or servers suspended.

Becoming an ATHP isn't required. Because we are under the limit and we aren't marking any profit an ATHP license isn't required to operate legally.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:22 pm

ah. nice. :D

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:44 pm

Elessar wrote:For those who do not know what Teamspeak is, it is a voice-communication online conferencing/chat software with which multiple individuals can communicate over voice or text. The structure is like that of several chat rooms but they are exclusive to Triaxian Silk members. In order to talk you must have a microphone, but you can also join and just 'hear' as long as you have speakers.

Soon we may be launching some activities using the Triaxian Silk teamspeak so I invite everyone to download and install the freeware software at this page:

http://www.goteamspeak.com/?page=downloads

You will also need the server connection information:

Label: Triaxian Silk

Server Address: darknova.mine.nu

Nickname: YourChoice

Anonymous

Server Password: idic001

Elessar

Cause I smoke too much green stuff it took me a minute to twiddle it into operation, but now it works!

I downloaded this one:

Here's how I filled it in
(first I right clicked where the green arrow is
and named the "Server" as "Triaxian Silk"):

Warning to all: a lady computer voice (like Majel Barrett) says "connected" or not connected or whatever you are and she's loud so turn your speakers down.

dark_rain
Site Admin

Postby dark_rain » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:46 pm

Thanks for that, EK. That should clear things up for everyone who got confused :D

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:50 pm

looky! Here's me'n Dark Rain n' T'Poptarts having a scintillating text chat:

:lol: Aureilia just grabbed the mike. "It's MINES!" and is saying "Hi dark rain!" and "Hi A'Popsince!" (T'Poptarts)

TSara
Captain
Captain

Postby TSara » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:42 am

Hey we should all try to get together once a week and meet up for a chat.
"It can giggle all it wants, but the galaxy isn't gettin' any of our bourbon." -Trip to Malcolm Shuttlepod One

Archer: You missed T'Pol's latest bout with chopsticks.
Trip: Damn, dinner and a show.- Silent Enemy

http://www.myspace.com/hylndlas

http://tsara80.livejournal.com/

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:30 am

Well I got on. T'Poptarts was there and we "looked at each other?" I guess I need a microphone to proceed?

Ann
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:43 am

yep. aureilia thinks it's quite the thing. she shouted at T'Poptarts and dark-rain for a minute or two.

Return to “Announcements”