Website and forum announcements!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

justTripn
Consigliere
Show On Map: No

Atten: Authors with story series, or missing stories

Postby justTripn » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:11 pm

Hi all!

Our new archiving function is working well. Thank you mjimeyg! Stories now take minutes to post instead of hours. Thanks to all authors for your patience with the transition. You don't need to be patient anymore!

Please go check your stories. Let me know if you have any missing stories. The missing stories I am most worried about are stories or series that stretch across HoT and Triaxian Silk. If you began a story at HoT and finished it at Triaxian Silk, we would like to post the whole story or series at Triaxian Silk because HoT did not preserve links to incomplete stories, (though in most cases one can still find those stories online by googling.) If you have a missing story you would like to post, send me link to the story or a copy of the story itself.

Also we now have have a series function. If you wrote a set of stories in a series, (for instance I wrote "Forwards or "Backwards," "Heresy," "Reunion, and "Brainstorm" in a series; Alelou's "Commander Tucker Does This or That" stories might be considered a series; Distracted had her "Warp 6 Project", whatever), we can link these stories together. (Check out any of my E-squared stories for an example of how this works.) Putting your stories into a series is is no big deal. It will not change the way your stories are presented in the archive. It will not change the existing links to your stories or the comments. You will simply see a note at the top of your stories. "This story is number X in the series "TITLE OF THE SERIES."

If you have existing stories you would like to put in a series, just make up a series title and give me a list of the stories.

Thanks!

Ann
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

justTripn
Consigliere

Re: Atten: Authors with story series, or missing stories

Postby justTripn » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:29 pm

For example, TheCursor asked me to repost his unfinished story Mother-in-Law

I found it by googling even though HoT has taken down links to this story.

Also This story is a sequel to "Mom, Dad, and Self-Sealing Stem Bolts" so we could make it a series.

If we leave some nice reviews, maybe we can convince TheCursor to finish it. :)
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:45 pm

I'll just go ahead and nag him right here, if you don't mind. Come on, TheCursor! That series is a hoot.

I guess 'Commander Tucker Does This and That' is a little weak as a series title. LOL. I'll have to think about that one.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:49 pm

Alelou wrote:Come on, TheCursor! That series is a hoot.

That's for sure.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Return to “Announcements”