Calling Once Again for Donations

Website and forum announcements!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Elessar
Site Owner

Calling Once Again for Donations

Postby Elessar » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:25 am

When we first opened our doors in December of 2006, the generosity lent to our little rag-tag effort was both humbling and astonishing -- in the form of artistic talent for the banners, programming knowledge for the website and forums, and funds for the website and hosting dues. I was honestly amazed that we collected enough in those first few days not just to kick-start this fresh new habitat for Trip & T'Pol, but to keep it steaming forward for 3 years of fan fiction, avatars, music videos, fic challenges, fan art, fun, friends and community.

After recent renovations and construction, we are more prepared and enthusiastic than ever to keep adding it as long as you keep writing it; to keep moderating as long as you keep posting! In August, the hosting services purchased almost 3 years earlier will expire and we will need to renew our hosting plan and we would appreciate any funds you can part with. Our hosting agreement runs at $7.95/month for an exceptionally robust and luxurious plan that allows Mike and Dark_rain the flexibility to continue to improve and add to the site.

You can send Paypal funds directly to our Triaxian Silk Paypal Account that we used last time at elessar@triaxiansilk.com. If you're not setup for Paypal or wish to make payment via personal check, just contact me over PM and I'll provide whatever information you need.

Also, website donors still have the option to add the little "Site Donor" title to the Forum ID if desired.

Thanks again for your kindness and generosity... and I hope we're here for at least 3 more wonderful years! :D

Elessar
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Elessar
Site Owner

Re: Calling Once Again for Donations

Postby Elessar » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:03 am

By the way - I forgot to mention that I will be matching whatever the donation total is on August 1 2009 which is about 2 weeks before we officially have to renew.
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Postby Alelou » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:28 am

Could you confirm how we do the Paypal thing? Go to paypal.com and enter elessar@triaxiansilk as the payee name?
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:46 am

Alelou wrote:Could you confirm how we do the Paypal thing? Go to paypal.com and enter elessar@triaxiansilk as the payee name?

Yes. Is this the way?
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:38 pm

Alelou wrote:Could you confirm how we do the Paypal thing? Go to paypal.com and enter elessar@triaxiansilk as the payee name?

Yes, assuming you have a Paypal account setup. Paypal addresses by email address and elessar@triaxiansilk.com is tied to our account.
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:54 am

....and starwipe....and done.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:18 am

We have officially reached our donation goal! We can renew for another 2 years!

I know that many of you still have donations in the mail. Don't worry, it sits in my Paypal account balance just like the left over donations did last time. After our first round of donations, we had about $100 left, which went towards the cost of changing hosts when we first migrated from MyInternetServices to HostMonster. Any remaining donations that come in will just contribute towards the next renewal!

I knew we would hit our number and you guys did NOT disappoint! Great job everyone! :happyjump: :hug: :hug:
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Return to “Announcements”