Donations for 2018 Renewal

Website and forum announcements!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Elessar
Site Owner

Donations for 2018 Renewal

Postby Elessar » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:54 am

Hi All!

I am glad to see activity on the board after all these years. Coming up on 12 years we've been doing this thing of ours. I hope we can get posting back soon, I'll put some feelers out.

I've renewed the hosting services with the site and humbly offer all the generous patrons who have helped keep the doors open all these years the opportunity to contribute any amount you wish, no matter how small, every bit helps, and thank you!

Here is our Paypal link:

https://www.paypal.me/TriaxianSilk
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Dinah
Commander
Commander
Show On Map: No

Re: Donations for 2018 Renewal

Postby Dinah » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:55 pm

I don't do PayPal. Other options?

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:38 am

Thank you so much to everyone who has donated, you're tremendously generous and it helps so much!

Dinah email me at elessar@triaxiansilk.com :)
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:02 pm

The small amount I sent has been returned by Paypal because the receiving account's "Payment Receiving Preferences are set to manually accept or refuse this type of payment". :?

73Bruin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby 73Bruin » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:39 am

I didn't have any issues. It didn't allow me to pay via a credit card and took it out of my checking account.

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:29 pm

When the site went down last week I was afraid that our small community had come to the end of the road, so I'm particularly relieved to see it back online this week. Hi, friends!

:hug:

73Bruin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby 73Bruin » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:38 am

Cogito:

I agree. I would like to thank Elessar for stepping up to the plate and renewing the site. I just wish we had the ability to post stories. IMO, the site layout is much more useable then that of FF.net and A03 (the only really active sites that I am aware of).

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:37 pm

Cogito wrote:When the site went down last week I was afraid that our small community had come to the end of the road, so I'm particularly relieved to see it back online this week. Hi, friends!

I had the same thought. :) I was visiting this site to find a thread about Vulcan and autism (from way back) I would like to read.

To my shock and suprise the site had gone down. I am visiting this site from the very beginning. I am happy to see the site up again. Hello lovely people. :D
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:50 pm

Got nervous myself when the site went down. Didn’tknow who or what to contact...happy to donate but I don’t do PayPal

Hopefully I will be able to post stories here again someday.

Weeble
Aka steelchaser
RIP Tom, I will miss you, as will many others

T'Arwen
Ensign
Ensign

Postby T'Arwen » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:25 am

panyasan wrote:
Cogito wrote:When the site went down last week I was afraid that our small community had come to the end of the road, so I'm particularly relieved to see it back online this week. Hi, friends!

I had the same thought. :) I was visiting this site to find a thread about Vulcan and autism (from way back) I would like to read.

To my shock and suprise the site had gone down. I am visiting this site from the very beginning. I am happy to see the site up again. Hello lovely people. :D

Here's a great article about in which the autistic author talks about how she relates to Vulcans.

https://www.womenatwarp.com/the-duality-of-spock/

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:58 pm

Thank you so much for the link T'Arwen. :D

One quote I like to share:

"What do Vulcans and Autistics have in common? They are often perceived by Humans and neurotypicals to be cold, unemotional, without empathy, and often logical and literal to a fault. Yet Star Trek canon and the neurodiversity movement continue to prove is the opposite is often true, if one takes the time to look."

What I also find interesting is that a person with autism has a hard time to filter out the information around him or her. His or her head is so full with information that he or she need structure in the chaos of the world. He or she like facts, because they are clear. He or she takes thing literally and has a hard time to decipther social information. You see the same with Vulcans in many ways.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

T'Arwen
Ensign
Ensign

Postby T'Arwen » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:13 pm

As a shy introvert, I can relate to this sentence. Ironically, shy people seem aloof because they're so emotional about meeting new people. While some people hate when introverts get conflated by shy people, both groups still get perceived the same way. Introverts also get sensory overload when there are too many people around, although no where near the same degree as autistics. I feel that way when I go to a cocktail party or any other "networking" event. That's why we prefer small groups and one-on-one conversations. So T'Pol is the ENT character that I relate to the most.

Cap'n Frances
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Cap'n Frances » Wed May 29, 2019 1:00 am

It's been a while since I've visited the site. I just started working again on finishing some stories I started a while back. It would be great to be able to post them here. I made a donation on PayPal and it appeard to work.

Return to “Announcements”