List of all Vulcan, starfleet ships circa 2154...

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Elessar
Site Owner

List of all Vulcan, starfleet ships circa 2154...

Postby Elessar » Tue May 01, 2007 11:20 pm

I'm trying to compile a list of every ship in active service in 2154, or, when the show ends, basically.

Any ship name that's mentioned (Starfleet or Vulcan) at some point in the show, and not destroyed. Like, the Intrepid, for example. Little ships like that just sort of mentioned once or twice.

I've beens couring wiki's and stuff but I haven't had much luck with the Vulcan ships or other starfleet ships besides the Intrepid. Anyone know?

thanks!
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Show On Map: No

Re: List of all Vulcan, starfleet ships circa 2154...

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Tue May 01, 2007 11:30 pm

The Vulcan ship Ti'Mur from Breaking the Ice springs to mind.

ETA: Here are a list of more Vulcan ships.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Tue May 01, 2007 11:33 pm

Earth Ships:
Intrepid
Enterprise
Columbia
Sarajevo
Saratoga (previous posting of Crewman Taylor)
Republic (where Capt. Hernandez recruited her chef)
Shenandoah (mentioned in ENT: "Silent Enemy")
"Neptune class" (has same command chair as NX class)
ECS Fortunate
ECS Horizon

Vulcan Ships:
D'Kyr
Tal'Kyr
Ni'Var
Sh'Ran
Ti'Mur
Nyran
Vahklas

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Wed May 02, 2007 12:42 am

Are those Neptune class ships Starfleet? Is that "Horizon" the transport ship that Mayweather's family was from?
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Wed May 02, 2007 12:44 am

Another question: Anyone have a clue as to all the classifications in existence at this time? The ships that helped Archer against Duras, one was the Intrepid. Any idea what class those are?
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Wed May 02, 2007 2:19 am

There are no names for them. The Intrepid is simplt called "half-saucer" and the other one is "modified moon shuttle". A popular name for the delta-shaped one is "Iceland" class. As for the other one, it would probably fit as the Neptune class since it's referred to at one point as making up the bulk of the fleet, but then so could the delta-shapped one.

The cargo ships have ECS in front of them.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Wed May 02, 2007 2:30 am

Thanks CX, I'll use that Very Happy
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Wed May 02, 2007 4:44 am

In my fics, I use the "Neptune-class" as the name for the Intrepid half-saucer ships, and the "Iceland-class" for the Deltas. But, that's just me and there really isn't anything canonical in it.

CX forget to mention that the Sarejevo was a different class than either the half-saucers or the deltas. It's that survey ship in Dud-alus that picks up the transporter guy.
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Wed May 02, 2007 12:49 pm

Elessar, when you have your list compiled, can you make a link to it in the links section on this site? It sounds like a good resource for fic writers!
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Wed May 02, 2007 8:59 pm

CX wrote:The cargo ships have ECS in front of them.

And the ECS stands for Earth Cargo Authority, which is either a guild of some sort or (more likely) the UE agency giving shipping concessions.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Wed May 02, 2007 9:39 pm

Well... basically every CANONICAL ship name appears in this thread, besides Enterprise and Columbia.

I made up a big list of ships, but they aren't canon... wanna see? Smile Naming starships is so much fun...
I went ahead and decided to go with Rigil's classification scheme regarding neptune class and delta-shaped craft.

For me, this is a complete list of all commissioned Starfleet registered craft at the end of the war (2161, and not counting losses... losses would probably be considerable)

NX01 Enterprise
NX02 Columbia
NX03 Endeavor
NX04 Atlantis
NX05 Constellation
NX06 Pershing
NX07 Appomattox
NX08 Invincible

Iceland Class: 14

Republic – NC19
Cochrane – NC20
Defiant - NC21
Fearless – NC22
Kitty Hawk – NC23
Sun Tzu – NC24
Caesar – NC25
Seoul – NC26
Roosevelt – NC27
Redwood – NC28
Gegarin – NC29
Yaeger – NC30
Achilles – NC31
Pacifica – NC32

Neptune Class: 9

Lexington - NC09 (refitted)
Sojourner - NC07 (refitted)
Shenandoah - NC06 (refitted)
Cossack – NC16
Thunderbird - NC13
Saratoga - NC14
Icarus - NC15
Dauntless - NC12
Intrepid – NC11

Vulcan Ships:

D'Kyr
Tal'Kyr
Ni'Var
Sh'Ran
Ti'Mur
Nyran
Vahklas

A lot of people have different opinions on how many NX class vessels starfleet could manage to build to gear up for the war... I decided to kind of take a middle ground. I think HYPOTHETICALLY, if they really kicked in their industrial war machine, just imagine what Germany, Britain, the United States and Japan all did combined in WW2. However, there's some stuff apparently from TOS's Balance of Terror from which people have semi-cannonically inferred that the number of 'advanced' (aka, NX class) ships was small, and that "the bulk" of the fleet was made up of smaller and less advanced craft. That's what led me to limit the number of NX class ships built to 8, and the NX08 would probably be the last, or perhaps second to last, NX class vessel. According to my Star Trek Encyclopedia, the Daedalus class ship appeared as early as 2167. So it probably would have been their "next gen" design circa 2161.

I don't want to start a debate about space tactics, but I figure it kinda makes sense to pair an NX class vessel with a small squadron, say 2-4, Iceland or Neptune class ships to form the smallest unit task force - so that's what led me to the approximate number of Neptune+Iceland class ships. There is approximately a 3:1 ratio of Neptune+Iceland-to-NX class ships. That doesn't leave a whole lot of units to disperse throughout the combat zone... but then again Earth wasn't really taking on Romulus single handedly, so I think that unit strength from Tellar, Andor, and Vulcan would have to be considered as taking on a huge part of the conflict themselves. Still, everything's relative. In the Dominion War, single battles involved 300, 400 ships at a time. I've been having a hard time trying to figure out exactly what size force all the involved powers should have. I mean some of them are pure guesses. I can only infer certain things like that the Andorians, being pretty militaristic and heady, would probably have a larger fleet than any of the other COP forces, perhaps 60 ships total. Vulcans...40? Earth... 34 by my count. Tellar? No clue. Romulus? No clue, but naturally, to sustain a conflict with 4 other powers for ~6 years, it'd have to be pretty sizeable. 200?

I have to admit, I haven't read much of Rig/CX's war series' though, so I am completely ignorant of how you folks handled the combat tactics, how they arranged ship movements, etc, for the war in your stories. I had a hard time imagining (for some reason, I don't know why) that Starfleet would have more than 20-30 non-NX class ships that they considered combat-ready, i.e., ships capable of better than warp 2. They never say what capability or crew manifest size the non-NX class ships have, which gets on my nerves, but I'm going to guess anywhere from 25-50 from the size that the Intrepid looked like. Of course, just the fact that the Enterprise was in a league of its own in terms of deep space exploration, size, advancement, armament, etc, kind of goes some distance as to extrapolating the state of these other classes of vessels. Three of them chased off a bird of prey pretty easily... but we don't really know how a bird of prey stacks up to a Romulan warbird, do we?

I welcome any input from the other war buffs Very Happy
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Thu May 17, 2007 3:23 pm

Elessar wrote:However, there's some stuff apparently from TOS's Balance of Terror from which people have semi-cannonically inferred that the number of 'advanced' (aka, NX class) ships was small, and that "the bulk" of the fleet was made up of smaller and less advanced craft. That's what led me to limit the number of NX class ships built to 8, and the NX08 would probably be the last, or perhaps second to last, NX class vessel.

Well, that's two more than were built in my universe. The Endeavour (NX-06, later revised to NC-06 when Starfleet transitioned to Naval, Combat hull registry codes) was the last of the Enterprise-class ships constructed by Starfleet prior to the war beginning in 2156. A seventh (the Gagarin) was partially constructed but was using a newer engineering hull so it would have likely been an entirely different class from the Enterprise; it was cannibalized to upgrade Endeavour in 2157.

According to my Star Trek Encyclopedia, the Daedalus class ship appeared as early as 2167. So it probably would have been their "next gen" design circa 2161.

I've also seen them listed as earlier so I basically introduced them in 2157 as a "kitbashed" craft ala the Victory ships in WWII - tough, ugly and very easy to build. By the end of the war, there will only be two functional Enterprise-class ships and very few Neptune-classes, so the Daedalus will, by default, become the ship of Starfleet until the next generation comes along (either the Constitution or whatever immediately precedes that.) The Icelands are simply too slow (warp 3) to serve on an active combat patrol duty so are generally assigned planetary defense roles.

I don't want to start a debate about space tactics, but I figure it kinda makes sense to pair an NX class vessel with a small squadron, say 2-4, Iceland or Neptune class ships to form the smallest unit task force - so that's what led me to the approximate number of Neptune+Iceland class ships.

Tracks with how I'm doing it as well. I see the Enterprise-class as the equivalent of a modern carrier (without the planes, of course) and they serve as the "command ship" for the the fleet commander. The Neptunes serve as cruiser-analogs, while the Icelands and Daedalus operate in a destroyer analog.
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Tue May 22, 2007 9:00 am

Actually, since I made this post I realized a fatal flaw in the squad design that I was talking about.

If you have an NX-class leading several Iceland class and/or Neptune class in a combat group, the whole group is going to be limited to the speed of the slower ships. So, I decided to sort of modify the idea and say that there could be a few 1-3 size heavy NX-class Expeditionary fleets, designed for quick response and heavy assault.
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”