Malcolm and Trip friendship

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Malcolm and Trip friendship

Postby WarpGirl » Thu May 07, 2009 5:33 pm

Cockiness is a valuable quality when it's tempered with a selfless spirit. Both Trip and Malcolm have that. That's why they can mesh so well.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

auroraborealis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby auroraborealis » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:35 pm

I thought that Malcolm and Trip's friendship was the most nateral and believeable relationship on the ship. I think part of it is just the chemistry between the actors. But mostly I think it's just because Trip and Malcolm fill in each others holes. Where Mal is a party pooper, Trip is fun. Where Trip is quick to show his emotions, Mal is reserved. It fits perfectly. There should be a whole fic surrounding thier friendship. It would be my new favorite :loveeyes:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:48 pm

Don't give me any ideas sweetie I can't take it! I certainly think Malcolm and Trip fit better than Archer and Trip.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Postby Alelou » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:44 am

Well, there's a whole world of Malcolm/Trip friendship fic out there. I enjoy the lighter ones, and I'll also read the disaster twin action plots, even the ones that get a little much into beating the crap out of Trip. (Why do we love to torture Trip so much? Has ANY character in Enterprise ever suffered as much in fanfic?) But I get awfully tired of the ones in which Malcolm is feeling tortured about somehow failing Trip in some dire way which was, in fact, completely understandable under the circumstances, which of course he does reluctantly come to understand after they eventually discuss it in at Trip's bedside in sickbay, or in Malcolm's darkened quarters, or whatever...

No doubt the people who write those feel the same gag-me level of boredom with all the TnT romance-after-angst stuff, though.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:51 am

I must confess that I avoid Mal/Trip friendship fics because they're all written by women and they're either full of slash subtext or just completely OOC for men. Men don't emote with each other like that. They just don't talk about stuff like that unless they're gay. It's not prejudice on my part, either. I've had several straight men tell me the same thing.
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:55 am

Actually YES! Tom Paris suffers more physical and emotional abuse in fanfic than ANYBODY! Trust me I gorge on Tom fic, and he has it worse.

But I'll read just about anything with a good and healthy amount of Trip and Malcolm AS FRIENDS! They rock! Honestly the best bromance trek ever created. Even better then the three way bromance of TOS. Maybe because three is not a balanced number. 2 and 4 are.

Hey Dis you're right.

Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:57 am

Distracted wrote:I must confess that I avoid Mal/Trip friendship fics because they're all written by women and they're either full of slash subtext or just completely OOC for men. Men don't emote with each other like that. They just don't talk about stuff like that unless they're gay. It's not prejudice on my part, either. I've had several straight men tell me the same thing.

I tend to agree, but if I'm hard up for Trip fic I'll read them anyway, if the plot's interesting and the writing is strong.
Image.Image

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:02 am

True.

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:07 am

I don't generally read fics just for a Trip story. I like ensemble fics, but oddly enough, I couldn't have cared less about Trip until he got involved with T'Pol. I've always found her to be a more compelling character. Yes, I know it's weird for a woman to be more of a fan of T'Pol than of Trip, but there ya go. ;-)
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:25 am

Not weird at all. I love Bones more than Booth. It took me a while to warm up to him. Of course now I'm batty over the guy, but I still find Bones to be my favorite.

Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:35 pm

Distracted wrote:I don't generally read fics just for a Trip story. I like ensemble fics, but oddly enough, I couldn't have cared less about Trip until he got involved with T'Pol. I've always found her to be a more compelling character. Yes, I know it's weird for a woman to be more of a fan of T'Pol than of Trip, but there ya go. ;-)

My little thought:
Take off T'Pol from Trip, and you will have only a good engineer, more or less charming.
Take off Trip from T'Pol, and you will have only a smart Vulcan woman, more or less charming (Well! Very charming in any case! You have to forgive me about that.)
Take off Trip and T'Pol from Enterprise, and you will have only a Star Trek series, more or less pleasurable, depending on personal taste.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:00 pm

I suspect I feel about Trip much as you feel about T'Pol. T'Pol brings out the most adorable parts of him, but I can happily watch him all day even if she's not in the picture. 8)
Image.Image

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:07 pm

Well, there is "a difference" after all, there isn't it?
So, VIVE LA DIFFERENCE! 8)
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:08 pm

Well I have to say even without T'Pol I would still LOVE to watch the friendship/brotherhood of Trip and Malcolm. But I would have one more reason to not like the series itself without her.

Fics

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:40 pm

Distracted wrote:I don't generally read fics just for a Trip story. I like ensemble fics, but oddly enough, I couldn't have cared less about Trip until he got involved with T'Pol. I've always found her to be a more compelling character. Yes, I know it's weird for a woman to be more of a fan of T'Pol than of Trip, but there ya go. ;-)
:lol: :lol: I have the same thing. But Trip reminds me so much of my husband in a lot of ways, that I adore him too.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”