Here's a thought

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

blacknblue
Site Admin

Here's a thought

Postby blacknblue » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:45 am

If somebody wants it, they are welcome to take this idea and run with it. I don't have the time or energy right now to do justice to the concept, and I don't know when or if I ever will. So I am tossing it out for public consumption. Whoever wants it can have it. If nobody wants it, oh well.

Summary:

After fifteen thousand years, the parent races had faded into oblivion. There were no more pure blooded Humans. No more Rihansuu, no more Vulcans. Only the Hukansuu, a hybrid species of ruthless conquerors spreading their fearful power like the wings of a mighty bird of prey across the stars. Not since the fall of the Tkon empire half a million years before had any breed dared to claim sovereignty over all four quadrants of the galaxy at once.

And finally, no one remained to stand against them. The slave races of the Alpha quadrants bowed their necks early. Those that refused, like the Klingons or the Andorians, were summarily eliminated. The Gamma quadrant had offered only token resistance, and the Dominion had fallen like a house of cards very early in the game. The shape shifters were simply too vulnerable, too dependent on their servants for survival. The Breen of the Beta quadrant had proven quite intriguing. Their unique biochemistry offered several useful products that had both medicinal and industrial applications. The Breen were promptly classified as a protected species and placed under quarantine where they could be protected and harvested.

Finally the Delta quadrant had fallen. When the last of the Borg had been ground into dust beneath the Empire's heels, the Hukansuu leadership came face to face with their most profound fear.

"What now?"
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Here's a thought

Postby CX » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:14 am

Ever read Avalon?

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:10 am

No. Why? Am I stealing something without realizing it?
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Postby JadziaKathryn » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:36 pm

That's too deep and dark for me to attempt.

But you know what I'd like to see? A fic titled "Strange Love, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bond." :lol:

ETA: I got an email about the latest Enterprise Ficathon. I put a story with the title "Strange Love, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bond" as one of my prompts. Ha. Take that, Archer/Tucker slashers! *shudder*

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:44 pm

blacknblue wrote:No. Why? Am I stealing something without realizing it?

Other than being set in the far future and involving a vast human-run organization ruling most of the galaxy, not really. Mostly I'd recommend it just because it's a good series and might fill your darkness quotient. ;)

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:26 pm

JadziaKathryn wrote:That's too deep and dark for me to attempt.

But you know what I'd like to see? A fic titled "Strange Love, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bond." :lol:

ETA: I got an email about the latest Enterprise Ficathon. I put a story with the title "Strange Love, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bond" as one of my prompts. Ha. Take that, Archer/Tucker slashers! *shudder*

Ha! That's a great title!

I tried reading that ficathon stuff and my eyes just glazed over. I don't get it. Not that I want to.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:51 pm

Alelou wrote:
JadziaKathryn wrote:That's too deep and dark for me to attempt.

Ha! That's a great title!

I tried reading that ficathon stuff and my eyes just glazed over. I don't get it. Not that I want to.

Where and how can this story be found?
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:59 pm

Asso wrote:Where and how can this story be found?
Well, it doesn't exist yet.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:01 pm

Ooops! :?
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:19 am

I just entered the Entficathon, so since I seem to be the only other entrant who'll write anything but slash they'll probably assign it to me. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:50 am

Distracted wrote:I just entered the Entficathon, so since I seem to be the only other entrant who'll write anything but slash they'll probably assign it to me. 8)

What's the Entficathon?
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:51 am

blacknblue wrote:If somebody wants it, they are welcome to take this idea and run with it. I don't have the time or energy right now to do justice to the concept, and I don't know when or if I ever will. So I am tossing it out for public consumption. Whoever wants it can have it. If nobody wants it, oh well.

Summary:

After fifteen thousand years, the parent races had faded into oblivion. There were no more pure blooded Humans. No more Rihansuu, no more Vulcans. Only the Hukansuu, a hybrid species of ruthless conquerors spreading their fearful power like the wings of a mighty bird of prey across the stars. Not since the fall of the Tkon empire half a million years before had any breed dared to claim sovereignty over all four quadrants of the galaxy at once.

And finally, no one remained to stand against them. The slave races of the Alpha quadrants bowed their necks early. Those that refused, like the Klingons or the Andorians, were summarily eliminated. The Gamma quadrant had offered only token resistance, and the Dominion had fallen like a house of cards very early in the game. The shape shifters were simply too vulnerable, too dependent on their servants for survival. The Breen of the Beta quadrant had proven quite intriguing. Their unique biochemistry offered several useful products that had both medicinal and industrial applications. The Breen were promptly classified as a protected species and placed under quarantine where they could be protected and harvested.

Finally the Delta quadrant had fallen. When the last of the Borg had been ground into dust beneath the Empire's heels, the Hukansuu leadership came face to face with their most profound fear.

"What now?"

And then Species 8472 swoops in from fluidic space and KICKS THE SHIT out of the Hukannsu and frees the peoples of the Milky Way and are the saviors of the day! :lol:
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain
Twitter username: ladyrainbow

Postby Lady Rainbow » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:56 am

Distracted wrote:I just entered the Entficathon, so since I seem to be the only other entrant who'll write anything but slash they'll probably assign it to me. 8)

I just entered too, D. Though I'll read slash, and I don't have any problem with it myself, I don't write it, either.
Avatar of Hoshi/Malcom "The Dogwalker" courtesy of ivymae at http://www.captainsoma.com/enterpriseoddities/main.html

Siggy complete with beagle! :)

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:03 am

The problem I have with slash is how horribly out of character it is.

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:01 am

CX wrote:The problem I have with slash is how horribly out of character it is.
Thank you! That is what annoys the heck out of me - taking characters who've been clearly established as straight and saying they're suddenly gay because someone finds it titillating. :bitch: To me it's on the same level as people who decide, out of the blue, that T'Pol realizes smiling is good and she should do it. Or, while we're at it, we can have Phlox wake up one morning an Andorian.

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”