Star Trek: Foundations (temp thread)

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Re: Star Trek: Foundations (temp thread)

Postby Alelou » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:53 pm

Glad to hear it. Of course, Grand Forks got smart by getting inundated badly enough that the Feds pitched in millions to help them build their levees.

It must be a bit of a thorny issue ... all those people who bought homes on the river because they loved the view (and presumably paid extra because of it), suddenly faced with a big ugly wall in the backyard instead. But after what they've just been through, maybe they'd welcome that now.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:31 pm

How about this as the basis for the opening theme? :D

Full version of song with English translation of lyrics, though there are some typos.

ETA: whoops, fixed second link.
Last edited by CX on Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Navigator
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Navigator » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:19 pm

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:55 pm

Great, CX. I prefer "Inner Universe", but that's just personal. Any opening from that series is amazing.

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"
"Yes, miss. Lawyers, miss."

The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:10 am

Another tweak. This time he's a bit more passive aggressive than just aggressive/pissed at everyone.

TEASER

FADE IN:

EXT. SPACE – TRINARY SYSTEM

We’re centered on three bright stars. Two of them are a bright yellow, similar to Sol, and they orbit each other closely. A kind of haze seems to surround them. Further away is a red dwarf.

Enterprise enters the scene, cruising toward the stars at impulse.

INT. ENTERPRISE – BRIDGE

The Alpha shift is all present and accounted for at their usual posts, save a certain chief engineer. CAPTAIN ARCHER sits in his command chair, his chin resting on his fist as he stares at the image of the three stars on the viewscreen. He’s obviously not excited by the “discovery” at all. In fact, he looks like he’d rather be someplace else.

ARCHER
(impatiently)
Why were we sent out here again?

SUB-COMMANDER T’POL turns from her console to answer Archer’s question. From her mannerisms we can tell that she’s already answered this question more than once.

T’POL
We were sent to confirm the presence of a third star in this system, as previous sensor data was ambiguous.

ARCHER
So, was that it?

T’Pol raises an eyebrow in consideration.

T’POL
I imagine that we are expected to conduct a preliminary survey of the system.

ARCHER
(distracted, a little moody)
Have you started yet?

Archer directs a glare at T’Pol, though it's not entirely clear if it's an angry glare or not. She quirks an eyebrow as she responds.

T'POL
Initial scans are being completed now, Captain. I estimate three hours and twenty minutes before we have completely mapped this system.

Archer nods absently and, over his shoulder, we can see other bridge crew exchanging uncomfortable looks. Clearly, the captain's strange mood is causing some confusion and tension.

MAJOR REED shifts uncomfortably in his chair and casts a disapproving look in Archer’s direction. It doesn’t go unnoticed. Archer immediately straightens up in his chair and glares at Reed.

ARCHER
Is there a problem, Major?

Reed hesitates for a short BEAT, weighing his answer.

REED
(carefully)
No, sir.

ARCHER
Then mind your panel.
(beat)
I don’t want anyone getting the drop on us while we’re sitting here twiddling our thumbs.

The entire bridge crew tenses up, as the atmosphere becomes very uncomfortable. Archer fixates his attention on ENSIGN SATO at this point.

ARCHER
What about you, Ensign?

SATO
(nervously)
Sir?

ARCHER
Any signs of civilization on subspace?

SATO
(flustered)
No sir.

Archer doesn't seem to know what to do or say next. He lets himself sit back into his chair and stares intently at the viewscreen, his brow furrowed. Sato watches him for a BEAT, wondering if he's going to give her an order to follow up her report. T'Pol looks between the two of them thoughtfully, and gives the ensign a nod for her to go back to what she was working on.

T'POL
Based on preliminary readings, the likelihood of discovering a Minshara-class planetary body is remote.

Archer looks at her, his brow still furrowed, but after a SHORT BEAT he seems to realize he's giving her a pretty hostile look and tones it down a notch. T'Pol doesn't even flinch. He simply nods and goes back to staring at the viewscreen, seeming to mull something over for a BEAT.

ARCHER
I’ll be in my office. Call me if anything requires my attention.
(beat, rising)
You have the Bridge, Sub-Commander. Send me your report when those scans are done.

Without waiting for a response, he makes his way to the turbolift and exits the room, leaving behind a bewildered crew. T’Pol watches the closed turbolift door for a BEAT after Archer is gone, her stoic face giving away nothing. Finally, she raises an eyebrow as we…

FADE OUT.

END OF TEASER

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:11 am

BTW if anyone was wondering, this is still the official theme song. The only change will be after the E/R War starts, at which point it'll probably be replaced by Roll Tide. ;)

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Wed May 27, 2009 9:10 pm

All TrekOnline sites are currently without forums. I'm currently trying to get one for Foundations set up over at SCN, but it looks like I may need a staff. Seems to me there were a couple people here who were helping me out before I started working on art instead of writing. Would you be willing to sign up there?

krn
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby krn » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:53 pm

I've been a silent member around here, but I am still around.

What kind of 'staff' are you looking for? I might be able to help out some.
--
I got hugged

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:05 pm

For right now a sounding board, though as it turns out the new forum will be at WeWantBrunetteJolene.com instead of SCN. Chrisis said he'd set them up when he reorganizes the board. Not much writing in the next couple of weeks anyway, I'm afraid, a bit busy with other things. :(

krn
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby krn » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:13 pm

Sounds similar to my current post. :D I'll be sure to keep an eye out on wwbj.
--
I got hugged

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:46 pm

Well, seems TrekOnline.org's hosting has ended. I was already planning on getting some new hosting, so I was wondering what might be a cool domain name, since I probably won't get to use TrekOnline again. Any ideas?

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:34 pm

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:19 am

I'm currently setting up a new messageboard for my new domain: SMF v 1.1.10. Anyone have any ideas on themes or mods? Oh, and if anyone knows how to make custom mods, I'm all ears.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:12 am

http://www.scifi-online.org/smf/index.php

Currently very empty, but I hope to get some of the stuff up for GoF and Foundations soon. After that it's just a matter of people signing up and posting. :thumbsup:

Dinah
Commander
Commander

Postby Dinah » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:45 pm

Looks good. What about the messages on the old board for GofF -- are they gone?

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”