Wanna help me win a prize?

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Wanna help me win a prize?

Postby Distracted » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:14 am

Hey y'all. Myfandom.com has an SF contest running this month, and the prize is a signed TNG script. They're only judging entries that get at least 20 different comments from 20 different members. Here's the story link: http://www.myfandoms.com/browse/home/Fa ... /show/3961

It's a newly edited version of "No Greater Love", which you guys have probably already read in its original incarnation, but could you guys log on and comment anyway? I'd appreciate at least being in the running for the prize, and I just joined the site today, so I have no "friends" except the site administrator. Thanks for your help. Ya'll could enter, too. :D
Image sig by chrisis1033

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Wanna help me win a prize?

Postby TPoptarts » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:17 am

Whoa dude that site is CRAZY confusing. :? :shock: Anyway I registered and rated your story and commented and added you as a friend and all that. :) I wanted to enter too but like all my fanfics are too short :( and they say at least 4 chapters of at least 2 pages each. :shock: Dude I don't even have any fanfics with chapters. Well and they're too short. :? :( Too bad the fanart and fanvid contests don't have Trek scripts as prizes. :? Well but I entered anyway I entered SouthTrek to the fanvids contest. So if anyone wanna help me too it's here http://www.myfandoms.com/gallery/view/?ID=2699&TYPE=2 like Distracted's fic I need at least 20 different comments from 20 different users AND at least 8 star average rating. :? :? Oh well. I wanted to enter the fanart too but for some reason it just wouldn't show my art. :? :dunno: :roll:

Good luck Distracted :)
ImageImage

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:51 pm

It is sort of confusing, isn't it? I browsed a while and finally got the hang of it, though. Thanks for your help. I returned the favor. Maybe we'll win something. What are the prizes for the video contest?
Image sig by chrisis1033

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:35 pm

Crap, can't get signed on to the site :bitch: It is something about a photobucket account. Why do I have to have one to sign onto a story archive site? And I do have a photobucket account, but I keep getting errors saying someone else already has that name? That person who has the name is me. And when I try to skip having or getting a photobucket account, it won't let me. This kind of frustration is why I don't go on many websites. And it is not because I don't like computers! Heck, I have been an IT professional for 25 years! I long for a return to the days of a black screen and white lettering with miles and miles of program code. That I can deal with! Not these pictures and boxes to look for that are scattered all over the screen. Screens are too busy, now. I want just logical statements, in logical order - main routines and subroutines, job control language, several file types to play with and maybe four or five languages to write code in.

Sorry for the rant. I really want to leave a comment for your story, Distracted! :banghead: :roll:
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:29 pm

Hey, Linda. Thanks for trying to help. Are you using the same email address as the one on your photobucket account? Maybe they won't let you log in because the addresses aren't the same. Also, if you've checked the "create a photobucket account" box, try unchecking it. If you've got it checked the software may think you're trying to create another account with the same name and balk at that.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:46 pm

It could be the email address. I did try unchecking the photobucket box during my first attempt to sign on and that did not work. So I will try at home tonight from my home email address.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:11 pm

Made the account, waiting for confirmation email. Will plug it to the skies.
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:24 pm

I wanted to register and give my high ratings for this excellent story, but could not find any sign. May be it just because i am very tired... I will try again! :D
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:11 pm

How long did it take all you fine people to get an activation email?

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:24 am

Mine came right away, but my filter dumped it into the bulk mailbox. maybe you should double check your filters.
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

HopefulRomantic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby HopefulRomantic » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:11 am

I wondered if anyone else was going to try this place out. :) I read about the OTW when it was getting organized last year. Sounded pretty cool.

Anyway, I'm down for the movement too! I posted "Logic, Inescapable" for the contest. You can find it here: http://www.myfandoms.com/browse/home/Fa ... /show/3971 My username there is "HopefulR,", like at ff.net.

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:38 am

blacknblue wrote:Mine came right away, but my filter dumped it into the bulk mailbox. maybe you should double check your filters.
Right on. Thanks!

Off to comment on Distracted's story. (I'm also uploading Z'Val which I feel comfortable doing because it's thisclose to being done.)

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:56 am

JadziaKathryn wrote:
blacknblue wrote:Mine came right away, but my filter dumped it into the bulk mailbox. maybe you should double check your filters.
Right on. Thanks!

Off to comment on Distracted's story. (I'm also uploading Z'Val which I feel comfortable doing because it's thisclose to being done.)

So when do WE get to see it? Huh?
--Tecumseh
--King Solomon the Wise

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:52 am

^ Soon. Honestly. In fact, I'm going to work on the last unfinished scene right now.

*scampers off to type as best she can without disturbing the cat*

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:29 am

I tryed to join, but... as JadziaKathryn said: "How long did it take all you fine people to get an activation email?" :?
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”