Wanna help me win a prize?

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

HopefulRomantic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Show On Map: No

Re: Wanna help me win a prize?

Postby HopefulRomantic » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:34 pm

Linda wrote:Okay, I am very frustrated. I don't know the Myfanfiction.net site at all. I went to check on the comments, and entered Distracted's story first. I saw comments from other people, but not the one I left or THOUGHT I left, last week. So I tried to leave another comment and it didn't seem to take. Then I could no longer see anyone's comments, but could page through the sections of the story. So how do I see the comments? Please explain in excruciating detail because it takes me a long and frustrating time to figure out how to work in a new site. That is why I stick to sites I know and don't explore much because I have so little patience with wasting time figuring it out when I could be reading or writing instead, LOL.

Comments made in a particular chapter stay at the bottom of that chapter; you can't see them if you're in another chapter. You might have been in the wrong chapter when you were searching for the comment you made last week (which is still there, in Ch. 3 :) ).

So to see all the comments, you need to go to every chapter of a story, one by one, and scroll to the bottom to see if there are comments. You can use the drop-down list next to the title, up at the top of the document, or click on the blue "previous post/next post" boxes down toward the bottom, right above the rate/comment sections.

Does that help? I hope?

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:24 pm

Lovely T'Pol avatar, HR -- which episode is it from?
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

HopefulRomantic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby HopefulRomantic » Thu May 01, 2008 3:20 am

Thank you! :) It's pretty much my favorite T'Pol shot of the whole series. It's from Impulse.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu May 01, 2008 11:10 am

Yes. Her expression is unique.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

HopefulRomantic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby HopefulRomantic » Thu May 01, 2008 5:12 pm

Over at MyFandoms.com, they've lowered the minimum commentors requirement for the next contest to 10. Under those rules, we would all have gotten in. Ha!

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Thu May 01, 2008 6:11 pm

The lower comment level is good. Could the April submissions that did not make the comment cut just be resubmitted for May?
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu May 01, 2008 10:26 pm

Nope. It's a general fanfiction site. This month's contest is "Sex in the City" month. :?
Image sig by chrisis1033

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Thu May 01, 2008 11:45 pm

HopefulRomantic wrote:Over at MyFandoms.com, they've lowered the minimum commentors requirement for the next contest to 10. Under those rules, we would all have gotten in. Ha!
:banghead:

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri May 02, 2008 10:24 pm

Oh, well. It was worth a try, I guess. I suppose a cancelled series is less interesting.

Here's the story that won the script. It qualifies as SF just barely, I would say, but since the source series is scifi, I guess I can't complain. Seems sorta short on description and long on unsupported dialogue to me, but I'm not much of a Smallville fan so what I've read so far didn't really hold my interest. Despite the name, I'm pretty sure it's not slash, although I haven't read the whole thing yet. The author bills it as a Chloe/Lex fic with a Batman crossover. :?

The Love of Two Men
Image sig by chrisis1033

HopefulRomantic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby HopefulRomantic » Fri May 02, 2008 10:46 pm

Er...she posted her story on April 29th. And got 22 comments.

Reality. Check. Image

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Fri May 02, 2008 10:52 pm

...and none of the videos or art got enough comments to even qualify. Dude that's like totally frelled up. :explode: :banghead: :roll:
ImageImage

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Sat May 03, 2008 12:37 am

Distracted wrote:Oh, well. It was worth a try, I guess. I suppose a cancelled series is less interesting.

Here's the story that won the script. It qualifies as SF just barely, I would say, but since the source series is scifi, I guess I can't complain. Seems sorta short on description and long on unsupported dialogue to me, but I'm not much of a Smallville fan so what I've read so far didn't really hold my interest. Despite the name, I'm pretty sure it's not slash, although I haven't read the whole thing yet. The author bills it as a Chloe/Lex fic with a Batman crossover. :?

The Love of Two Men

I read the first page only, and it's not very good. Unsupported dialogue all over - although if one was a Smallville fan that might interest more. Maybe. :?

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sat May 03, 2008 3:05 am

So I guess she's got a LOT of friends and the judges are big time Smallville fans... or they just prefer screenplays to narrative, since her stuff reads more like a screenplay. I guess maybe that's why I couldn't get into it. I don't know the characters well enough to imagine their mannerisms, and she really doesn't describe them. Sigh.

I was joking with HR via PM a couple of weeks ago about how maybe we don't WANT to be writing fics that these people actually like, because who knows what sort of stories they like? They might have NO idea what a good story consists of. I was laughing at myself then, because it sounded so much like sour grapes. Heh.
Image sig by chrisis1033

HopefulRomantic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby HopefulRomantic » Sat May 03, 2008 5:25 am

Distracted wrote:I was joking with HR via PM a couple of weeks ago about how maybe we don't WANT to be writing fics that these people actually like, because who knows what sort of stories they like? They might have NO idea what a good story consists of. I was laughing at myself then, because it sounded so much like sour grapes. Heh.

And what was I joking back to you?... Something like, yo ho, just you wait, some kid will dash off a fic for [insert name of sexy, younger-skewing series here] and blow us all away. At least, I thought it was a joke. :wtf: Yow.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Sat May 03, 2008 6:35 am

If they liked screenplays so much, maybe I should've entered the Foundations miniseries. Then again, that would probably have been too long for them.

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”