New story by BnB and Distracted

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Re: New story by BnB and Distracted

Postby enterprikayak » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:13 pm

uh oh
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:35 am

Well, I'm waaaay behind on the fanfic reading on account of exploring Australia, but I finally read this chapter and quite enjoyed it. Some of the lines were too perfect.

One tiny quibble: sometimes, it seems like the Vulcans ought to know more about humans. Like the observation about Archer baring his fangs. Really, after nearly 100 years, shouldn't Vulcans know about this, or humans not smile at Vulcans? (Unless you want to delve into some deep High Command conspiracy, that is.)

That aside, I really enjoyed it. Enjoyed T'Pol and Hoshi's girl talk especially.

But I do hope T'Riss recovers.

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:21 pm

Well...

Vulcans that have been around Humans no doubt are familiar with the details of superficial Human physiology. And no doubt the Vulcan medical database has a complete scan of Human dental layout. But T'Lar herself has not been around Humans that much.

I kind of had the thought that it might be a subject for casual debate among Vulcan officers.

"Are those side teeth of theirs really fangs or not?"

"I do not know. I have never bothered to check the database. Ask a healer."

"They look like fangs. But they are not very sharp. Not very long either. Not like the Klingons have."

"But they are definitely pointed. the next time you encounter a Human, and one of them makes that teeth bearing grimace at you, take note. They are definitely pointed."

That sort of thing.

Don't give up on T'Riss just yet. :)
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:26 pm

Oh, what sharp teeth you have Grandmother. :shock:

All the better for sucking your blood, my dear. :badgrin:
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:56 pm

:badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Buurman
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby Buurman » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:01 pm

I must say, I'm really anxious to see you continue this. Mostly because I want to see how T'Riss and Daniel end up together! I don't know why, but a sappy love story will get me everytime. Especially something like this, with her being scarred and not likely to trust men, and him being suspicious of her, while at the same time they are irrevocably drawn to each other.

For that matter, I thought that T'Riss's decision to swear herself in service to Daniel came a bit out of left field (is that the correct expression?). I mean, something like this was going to happen, I could feel it, but it seemed a bit like you were forgetting a step in between, if you know what I mean. And why would the Andorians try to hook Daniel up with a Vulcan?! That never made sense to me.

Apart from that, please continue. I need my DnT!

Plot? What plot? Archer? TnT? Vulcans? Orions? What do you mean? They are not relevant! :lol:

EDIT: For some reason I forgot Daniel's been raped as well. Hmmm. So, you are planning on getting these two together, right? Because wow ... if you want to keep it in concert with what I suspect would be their feelings about the other sex (or sex in general) I just don't see how these two are going to trust each other enough to really connect.

Btw, I figured that T'Riss's apparent 'easy recovery' (regarding the fact that she doesn't seem uncomfortable around males and such) is more a consequence of her Vulcan upbringing, ie she merely suppresses any outward notion of discomfort she may feel around other people.
"It proves that even the most disagreeable species have some ... positive attributes." T'Pol, Bound

As finishing touch, God created the Dutch!

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”