New ENT novel coming out next year

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Show On Map: No

New ENT novel coming out next year

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:47 pm

There's a new ENT book coming out next year, it says here. The relevant part:

JULY
(Street Date: June 25, 2013)

Star Trek: Enterprise – Rise of the Federation – "A Choice of Futures"
by Christopher L. Bennett

In what is possibly the first in a series, the formational years of the Federation will be explored. The action will pick up approximately a year after the end of the Romulan War, and will explore the evolution of the Federation and Starfleet from its nascent state in Enterprise to its more fully realized form in the Original Series. This book won’t cover nearly that length of time, however. Keep your eyes peeled to TrekMovie.com for our forthcoming interview with the author.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

putaro
Captain
Captain

Re: New ENT novel coming out next year

Postby putaro » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:57 am

Well, here's hoping that it's actually good!

Hummingbird2
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Hummingbird2 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:55 pm

putaro wrote:Well, here's hoping that it's actually good!

In my humble opinion, with Chris Bennett as author, it most likely will be. Maybe. ;-)

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:43 pm

I wonder if it will be a "relaunch" novel or start from scratch -- and in that case, will Trip be in it????
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:56 pm

Given that it refers to Enterprise I hope that means it will involve the characters from that series too. I'll look forward to it when it comes out, but I must admit that I'm shallow enough that my enjoyment will be determined mainly by how Trip and T'Pol are involved.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:53 pm

Cogito wrote:... but I must admit that I'm shallow enough that my enjoyment will be determined mainly by how Trip and T'Pol are involved.

Why? There may be some other way? :o
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

dialee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby dialee » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:31 pm

Asso,

I like the way you think but sad to say there are those in the powers that may be that Archer is actually the important and interesting character in these books. ;-)

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:50 pm

Really? :shock: Gosh! It is really true that sometimes world goes in reverse! :roll: :doubt:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:48 pm

As long as there is some gooey TnT in it there is a chance.... I guess we'll find out. The sad thing is that there are so many storylines that could be used for books or movies (lerterian chron) comes to mind. maybe if they (whoever the current owners of ST are) let someone who knows how to tell a story (Peter Jackson maybe) on the big screen do it.....

I am not hopeful...and then depression set in...

The real pisser in this is that many movies are now made for the purpose of selling DVD's later. Why not make a TV series with the same mindset. ST has ALWAYS been better on the small screen...
RIP Tom, I will miss you, as will many others

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:39 am

Here is an old blog post about it on the writer's blog.

According to Amazon it has a release date of June 25, 2013.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:47 pm

Hmm. He speaks of Archer and T'Pol but not of T'Pol and Trip. His critical analysis of the show is pretty good, but I am feeling wary. Then again, he seems to be suggesting that he considers the previous novels part of his canon? They were pretty TnT-friendly, weren't they?
Image.Image

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:10 pm

FIRST LOOK: Four New Star Trek Novels

Here is what it says about the ENT novel:

A Choice of Futures:

A new nation has arisen from the ashes of the Romulan War: the United Federation of Planets, an unprecedented union of diverse species cooperating for the good of all. Admiral Jonathan Archer—the former captain of the Earth starship Enterprise, whose efforts made this union possible—envisions a vibrant Fed­eration promoting galactic peace and a multispecies Starfleet dedicated to exploring strange new worlds. Archer’s former crewmates, including Captain T’Pol of the U.S.S. Endeavour and Captain Malcolm Reed of the U.S.S. Pioneer, work with him to secure that bright future. Yet others within the Federation see its purpose as chiefly military, a united defense against a dangerous galaxy, while some of its neighbors view that military might with suspicion and fear. And getting the member nations, their space fleets, and even their technologies to work together as a unified whole is an ongoing challenge.

When a new threat emerges from a force so alien and hostile that negotiation seems impossible, a group of unaligned worlds asks Starfleet to come to its defense, and the Federation’s leaders seize the opportunity to build their reputation as an interstellar power. But Archer fears the conflict is building toward an unnec­essary war, potentially taking the young nation down a path it was never meant to follow. Archer and his allies strive to find a better solution . . . but old foes are working secretly to sabotage their efforts and ensure that the great experiment called the Federation comes to a quick and bloody end.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:42 pm

I want and I have to be honest and sincere (well, for that matter, I am or I'm not Asso the Honest Liar?). The only reason that pushes me to appreciate that new books are published about Enterprise, it is that they have as result that "Enterprise" doesn't die (not totally, at least).
But, with regard a possible appreciation on my part for the stories per se narrated in the books, I stopped since quite a while looking for something in them that I do not find: beauty.
There is much, much, much more beauty in many of the stories I read here and on fanfiction. net.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:21 pm

I'm disappointed that there's no mention of Trip, but I'd rather see an Enterprise series do well than not. (Doesn't mean I actually plan to read it, though...)

Of course, I also read "Endeavour" and thought, "HEY! That's RIGIL'S."
Image.Image

tambo2063
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby tambo2063 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:15 am

I hope Trip :trip: is in the new book. Just would not be Enterprise :ship: :ufp: with out him. Of course I want T'Pol and Trip together :trip: :tpol: . It would be nice if they would start the series up again with it going straight to DVDs I liked the Enterprise books that showed Trip's death to be a fake. I know alot of you here didn't like him as a spy, :evilmonkey: :vulcan: but I could live with it. I would have like to have seen him come back to Enterprise when Malcolm :mal: and :tpol: T"pol went to rescue him, but I am not the writer. Oh keep on writing all the wonderful fan fiction y'all do it keeps me going :trip: :tpol: :clap: and if Trip :trip: is not in the new book I will need even more. Once again thanks for all the great reading. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”