Two Virtual Trek series could use some new blood

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Two Virtual Trek series could use some new blood

Postby CX » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:31 pm

The first some of you may have heard of before - Star Trek: Legacy. If you haven't heard of it, it follows the adventures of Captain harriman and the crew of the Enterprise-B. Its creator has had a few RL things come up, and has lost motivation to keep this going. In lieu of putting the series in mothballs, they could use someone willing to help them write episodes, develop new ones, and help them find direction. This is not so much an EP position as a writer/morale position.

The second series hasn't left the launch pad yet - Star Trek: Guardians of the Empire. It's set in the mid-25th century and follows the adventures of a mixed Romulan/human crew aboard a Romulan ship. There are more than a few things that have changed from the way things were in the late 24th century, which is why the series is set aboard a Romualn ship. This position would entail being an EP, though you'd also have to put up with the original creators advising you.

If you are interested in either series, feel free to post questions here or to PM me. :)

Linda
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: Two Virtual Trek series could use some new blood

Postby Linda » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:51 pm

Uh, hate to show my ignorance, but what's an EP? The Romulan/Human crewed ship caught my notice. How did that come about? Is this an alternate universe story? Or are there Humans that have switched loyalties and are now part of the Romulan Empire? Not sure if I'd be able to get involved in writing for this, but I am intrigued.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:25 am

EP = Executive Producer.

The Romulan/human crew reflects the alliance the Federation has/had with the Star Empire following the events of Nemesis.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:40 pm

Sigh, don't know what Nemesis is, so I guess I am just too far out of this story line to catch up.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:59 pm

Star Trek: Nemesis ... the last of TNG movie with the Romulans and the young Picard clone.
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:34 pm

Okay! Thanks, Rigil. I was thinking what episode or fan fic was that, not what movie, LOL. I will have to rewatch the movie though.

My view of the Romulans is that they would not be very open to a mixed Romulan/Human crew, even if the concept intrigues me. But they may use the line of thinking that if Humans and Vulcans can crew together, maybe we could too. I think there would be a pile of adjustments to be made. Human 'back talk' would not be well tolerated. And a Human practical joke might cause a violent reaction, whereas a Vulcan would just raise an eyebrow. I have been reading the Rihannsu novels of Diane Duane which delve into the Romulan culture. Don't know if you have read these or even accept the Romulan world they present.

I think the racial differences between the Romulans and Vulcans were present when they both lived on Vulcan. It has only been a couple thousand years since the Romulans left Vulcan, hardly enough time to evolve this difference. The idea that the brow ridges were from interbreeding with another species is interesting, but does not seem likely since I see the Romulans as quite proud of their race and not that tolerant of 'inferior alien species'. Not enough to breed with them, anyway. And I am thinking there was a lot of friction even before they left Vulcan, Surak's philosophy being only the last straw. Therefore, there might be even more of a problem of Romulans crewing with Vulcans than with Humans. And the Humans being surprised by this. Quite a bit to mull over.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:13 pm

I can see if I can get you the show's creators' email addresses, or you could register at TrekOnline's BBS and PM Jo Hack and Jawa to talk to them about it. They tell me that they have a full writer's bible already worked out but just don't have the time to do a series anymore.

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”