Strange New Worlds volume ten

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: Strange New Worlds volume ten

Postby Reanok » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:16 pm

I like all the stories you've mentioned Hopeful Romantic The Enterprise story it was nice to see that others were trying to help Hoshi even if Trip & Malcolm didn't understand her frustration with the lanuguge barrier. I like Horse walked into a bar I like Vic and Zimmerman they're great characters and we get to see a more in depth look into their characters I liked both of them. I also liked the Naomi story and that Will Rikers was well portrayed in this story and yes Seven of Nine and Naomi . i liked their interaction on Voyager.Seven smiling with her eyes I noticed that trait in T'Pol when it came to teasing Trip in Bound at the end you certainly noticed it. :)

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:35 pm

Nice reviews, HR. Makes me want to reread the stories sooner than I normally would. And thanks! The book has returned. Loved your note and that it was on a card with the Avatar I use on this site! I wish I had time to play with photoshop and do all the fun things with photos that people do. Maybe someday...
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:34 pm

Today and came home and got a nice surprise! My SIGNED copy of Strange New Worlds came back to me. :D With a little Lorian notecard. HR IS SO SWEET! And talented . . . That's as close as I'm going to get to Star Trek fame and success. :D So if the book series has end, well, that was a great way to end!
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:26 pm

*I* want a signed copy!

HopefulRomantic, do you take PayPal? (ie: you buy one, sign it and mail it to me and I recompense you by paypalling you money?).
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

HopefulRomantic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby HopefulRomantic » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:17 am

justTripn wrote:Today and came home and got a nice surprise! My SIGNED copy of Strange New Worlds came back to me. :D With a little Lorian notecard. HR IS SO SWEET! And talented . . . That's as close as I'm going to get to Star Trek fame and success. :D So if the book series has end, well, that was a great way to end!

enterprikayak wrote:*I* want a signed copy!

HopefulRomantic, do you take PayPal? (ie: you buy one, sign it and mail it to me and I recompense you by paypalling you money?).

Sure! :D PM me and we'll work out the details.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:50 am

sweeeeeeeeeeeet
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:36 pm

I am still so sad about the ending of the Strange New Worlds contest. But while Star Trek is in a hibernation phase, (and I am sure it will come back very strong one of these years), I think there is another genre that fan fic writers should investigate. It is the mystery genre. There seem to be several contests for writers. I don't know how 'new writer friendly' it is, but it seems to be a big genre. Maybe it is a good outlet to keep your writer's hand in. Anyone know anything more about it? As I discover stuff, I will pass the info on.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:49 pm

IT'S COMING! IT'S COMING!

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:43 pm

Optimism, Optimism, that's the spirit! :D :D :D

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”