Tzlu'pd Kha'wal ... Vulcan for 'Hilarious'

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Tzlu'pd Kha'wal ... Vulcan for 'Hilarious'

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:19 pm

.... actually Tzlu'pd Kha'wal translates at the VLD as "amusing joke". Why Vulcans would need these words, I do not know. lolol

Here's what led to this thread and the new section:

WarpGirl wrote:Someone over at HoT wrote this great thing about two men who were buddies, one was a writer for a TV show. The ratings started out great, then went into a bloody free-fall, and he'd tell his friend all his grad plans to fix it. And the friend had a running inner dialogue about how wrong the writer was. Of course it culminates into the birth of *the_abomination*. It was hysterical! I wish I could remember who wrote it.

Anyway I've gotta do some writing. Later I'll come back and type out more of T'Pol's issues and how they related to TnT's onscreen mess.

Distracted wrote: T'was me. It was my Kurt Vonnegut imitation in "The Sincerest Form of Flattery Challenge". I called it "Brainstorm". Thanks for the egoboo. : )

enterprikayak wrote::starfleet:
Dis, as a serious matter of hilarity protocol you are now required to submit above referenced story for immediate posting on this site. I don't care if it has an anti-beeb slant. People who love the beebs don't have to read it. These are your orders. :marine:

ek out.
:starfleet:

(random: should we start a comedy section on the main page? It could be called Tzlu'pd Kha'wal which is Vulcan for "amusing joke". lol)

WarpGirl wrote:Oh please don't make me beg it'd get embarrassing!

Silverbullet wrote:Yes, dis in the interst of hysterical er.... historical interest. Pls put it up on the main page.

I would love to read it even if it does show the beebs in thier best light.

BTW, I still belive we have to consider what the writrs did to the character of T'Pol in order to understand her. Fandom (fic writers especially) all have thier own concept of T'Pol. I believe some hate her. I for one love the character and want to protect her image.

SB

Kotik wrote:
enterprikayak wrote:(random: should we start a comedy section on the main page? It could be called Tzlu'pd Kha'wal which is Vulcan for "amusing joke". lol)

This suggestion is indeed most agreeable. Thou hast 2 hours to implement it. What art thou waiting for? :vulcan: Image

enterprikayak wrote:here's the new banner. lol had fun watching the outtakes as i made it. my fave: Phlox with a belly: "J'accuse! J'accuse! Little Billy Bakula will know his Daddy!" lololol (0:36 secs)

Kotik wrote:The banner is fan-bleedin'-tastic, we have a winner Image

enterprikayak wrote:Thanks! I've requested it as a new section on the main fanfic page. We'll see what TPTB can do. ;)

To everyone else: write some funny stuff and/or reccommend existing funny stuff that could be "dually posted" ie - we can get a copy of it into the comedy section as well as leave a copy wherever it originally appeared. I'll start a thread for discussion of this new section.

And we arrive at our present moment in time.

Suggestions for suggesting:

1. Write original funny stuff and submit it
2. Recommend existing funny things:
---> whole stories (don't have to be laff-a-minit but should have large chunks that make you laugh)
---> single chapters that made you laugh...we can post a single hilarious chappie and link back to the whole story elsewhere
---> single SCENES or CONVOS that made you laugh... again, as above, linking back to entire work
---> poetry, drabbles, challenge submissions, etc etc
---> videos? images?

ANYthing that's good enough to be labelled funny

any other suggestions/thoughts/opinions? let's hear 'em!

now get recommending and writing!!!! :thumbsup:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Re: Tzlu'pd Kha'wal ... Vulcan for 'Hilarious'

Postby Cogito » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:30 am

enterprikayak wrote:.... actually Tzlu'pd Kha'wal translates at the VLD as "amusing joke".

Perhaps this is the Vulcan term for human humour? I bet it comes with air quotes around "amusing" and a :vulcan: sardonic eyebrow. :lol:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:49 am

I'm gonna quote Sulu...
"Mr. Tuvok, if you're going to remain on my ship, you're going to have learn how to appreciate a joke. And don't tell me Vulcans don't have a sense of humor; because I know better."
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:48 am

Here are links to my previously posted stories or story chapters that I wrote as humor. Can't promise that everyone will find them funny, but I tried.

Music Appreciation
The Naming
Boy Meets Girl
Fish Camp Tale
Brainstorm
Crossogre
No More Chocolate-I Mean It!
The Wizard of Schnozz

You are welcome to repost them in the new section. I can't wait to read the others! :D
Image sig by chrisis1033

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:56 am

A few things spring to mind for this section:

-There's a story involving a Vulcan Ambassador Poop somewhere here in the archive
-The whole "Sex,lies and..." series certainly qualifies
-Over at HoT there's a hillarious story about Trip coming home and presenting T'Pol to his family. It involves among others a hillarious chapter in which the Tucker clan goes putt-putting (mini golf).
- My short "Christening" series might fit as well.

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:48 am

I think you're referring to Homecoming, Court and Spark by Ragua. A brilliant story that perfectly captures T'Pol's baffled reaction to human culture, plus a heartwarming tale of TnT shyly flirting with each other.

How I wish we could see what happened next. Judging by the author's notes that's extremely unlikely, which is a great shame. It does seem like a great candidate for the humour section.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:50 am

One of my favs! Those are here BTW.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Transwarp
Captain
Captain

Postby Transwarp » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:00 pm

Kotik wrote:-There's a story involving a Vulcan Ambassador Poop somewhere here in the archive

That's 'Those Odd Vulcan Names' by... me!
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:32 pm

Distracted wrote:Here are links to my previously posted stories or story chapters that I wrote as humor. Can't promise that everyone will find them funny, but I tried.

Music Appreciation
The Naming
Boy Meets Girl
Fish Camp Tale
Brainstorm
Crossogre
No More Chocolate-I Mean It!
The Wizard of Schnozz

You are welcome to repost them in the new section. I can't wait to read the others! :D

I haven't read those for far too long, and it's good to have an excuse to read them again. I don't think I scored very well - I guessed less than half - but I enjoyed them all.

I have to say that you emulated the writing style of the authors I recognised very well indeed. And I also have to say that I like your own writing style better than any of them.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:15 pm

Another egoboo! How nice. :D
I must say that I like this idea of yours, EK. Especially if it ressurects works long forgotten and allows authors a renewed sense of achievement.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:03 pm

"Biology 101" and "Commander Tucker Loses 40 IQ Points" would both fit very well in the new category. I'm pretty sure they were at HoT. I don't remember whether they're on this site though.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:13 pm

Cogito wrote:"Biology 101"

OH PLEASE YES! :happyjump:

Fics

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:28 pm

all these sound awesome. just waitin for TBTP to insert the new section on the homepage lol
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:58 pm

I just read "Biology 101" for the first time - hilarious for sure.

Even more hilarious since I was picturing THIS Bob while reading it!

:tears:

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:24 pm

It's the final pat on the shoulder that always gets me. :clap:

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”