faulty ENT DVD

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Linda
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

faulty ENT DVD

Postby Linda » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:51 pm

Has anyone had this problem? I have only played my ENT DVDs through a couple of times. But now the DVD with the 3rd season episode 'The Council' has a skip in it which keeps throwing me back to an earlier part in the episode. Also, when I go into the chapters part, something other than the chapter part I selected comes up. All my other DVDs are ok. I don't see anything wrong when inspect the DVD out of the player. Does anyone have a suggestion on a possible fix for the DVD or know where and if a single DVD of a set can be replaced?
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Re: faulty ENT DVD

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:27 pm

for singles, I'd look on eBay. But that sucks! You poor thing! Other than wiping it clean, I don't know of anything.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

TSara
Captain
Captain

Postby TSara » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:14 am

Is it a burned copy OR is it one that you bought?

If it was bought how long ago did you buy it??

Maybe you could exchange it?
"It can giggle all it wants, but the galaxy isn't gettin' any of our bourbon." -Trip to Malcolm Shuttlepod One

Archer: You missed T'Pol's latest bout with chopsticks.
Trip: Damn, dinner and a show.- Silent Enemy

http://www.myspace.com/hylndlas

http://tsara80.livejournal.com/

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:46 pm

Linda I found out that Critic's choice video has a device that's supposed to repair dvds that skips. it's called Skip Doctor dvd repair It can repair dvds without chemicals and the cleaning cloths. here's the order number GDDGI101025 it costs twenty three dollars. I've been thinking of getting one just in case something happens to my dvds here's a link to their website for information http://www.ccvideo.com

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:47 pm

Thanks, Reanok! I will try that product. For what we have to pay for these DVD sets, you would think they would make sure they weren't faulty.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:48 pm

well, you know that roundish case they come in? That's made of plastic, so that's why they're so expensive.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:00 pm

LOL, I thought it was made of gold pressed latnum. I am crushed. I really trusted that Frengi vendor. Darn, he had such an honest face!

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:06 pm

Yeah - I got my season two for 20$ off because they didn't have the ugly case. Smile
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”