Kirk Vs Picard on Fanlib.com

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

blacknblue
Site Admin

Re: Kirk Vs Picard on Fanlib.com

Postby blacknblue » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:37 pm

I am sorry Dis, but your partner is suffering mental constipation at every level in his writing. My fic, our fic, my MU fic I started, my independent non-Trek fic, my non-fiction article I started to write. Everything is logjammed.

In desperation I have taken some time off and been working on a cutlass that I am in the process of making. I have the bell guard nearly finished (except for the final polishing and dressing), and the grip is nearly shaped. The blade still needs to be thinned, sharpened, polished, and given its final temper. But I hope I don't have to get that far before my muse gets up off her dead ass again.

I did manage to write a little bit more in Purgatory night before last. About half a page before I stalled out. And I do have Daniel standing in the main promenade, staring at on of the "suspicious persons" we talked about. But I am stalled. Can you prescribe something?

I know what the problem is. My daughter swooped down last week and stole my ten year old son. She and her husband have absconded with her little brother and taken him on a two week RV tour of Colorado and southern Utah, finishing up with a week of total spoilage at my son-in-law's parent's home in Denver. Meanwhile my wife and I are drooping around this place like mourners. I have never seen this house so dang quiet.

*sigh*

They are due back tomorrow. Maybe I can start writing again once my main partner in crime returns.

*fingers crossed*
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Postby JadziaKathryn » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:20 pm

It's enough to think we all have some kind of contagious inspiration-sapping flu.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:15 pm

Well Dis, you're welcome to take on more than an advisory role at FND. Very Happy Or if the regular ENT-verse is what you want to keep thinking about, I know Anti Drone is working on a companion project for ENT to go with his blueprints of the NX-01.

Or you could do something that you might actually get paid for. Razz

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:23 pm

JadziaKathryn wrote:It's enough to think we all have some kind of contagious inspiration-sapping flu.

Yeah. Suspicious, isn't it? I personally suspect that there's a little gremlin in my nightstand that climbs out in the middle of the night, sticks a tiny little siphon in my ear, and SUCKS out all the good ideas...along with a substantial amount of gray matter. That explains why I wake up with a headache every morning, feeling "drained". Wink

If I ever catch the little bugger I'm gonna squish him like a bug and take back my brains. Cool

And BnB, I know exactly what you mean. My nine year old's been gone for three days now to visit her grandmother, and even though my other two kids and my husband are all home, this place is so QUIET it's like a morgue (except when my 14 year decides to practice on the drumset in the music room...then we just WISH we were all dead. Laughing )

CX, I appreciate the offer, but I think I've had about all the script writing I can stand. The getting paid part's a good idea, though. I'll focus on finishing my finale and then we'll see. Maybe if I wait a bit the ideas will start to come back.
Image sig by chrisis1033

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:27 pm

I was thinking more along the lines of story development, but getting paid is probably better. Wink

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:32 pm

Well, nobody's showering me with money yet. Gotta write something first...probably LOTS of somethings...and submit them...for years...and start a rejection slip collection. Cool
Image sig by chrisis1033

Bether6074
Site Donor

Postby Bether6074 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:37 pm

I have this problem basically all of the time. I want to write, but have no ideas. Trying too hard only makes it worse. It's difficult writing for shows that are no longer on the air. I always got inspiration from watching the shows.

BnB, I know what you mean about the silence. You spend years wishing for peace and quiet and then, when you finally get it, you feel just a little bit lost.

Dinah
Commander
Commander

Postby Dinah » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:56 pm

Since the malaise seems to have struck everyone at once, would a round robin help to get the creative juices flowing again? Writing a short chapter is a lot easier than writing something long and intense. Besides, you can derive a certain sick pleasure from leaving a hellacious mess for the next guy to clean up. Shock Laughing

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:10 pm

Yeah, there seems to be an energy sapping disease of some sort that feeds on creative writing grey cells. Do you think we are passing it to each other electronically through this board? We sure pass around ideas well enough here, and inspire each other, console each other. Do you think it works the opposite way too? I sure hope not.

I thought I was coming out of this dry period in my writing, but RL seems to be contributing. Take tonight for example. The yacht club is having this event where you go from boat to boat eating and drinking. I've got my trailmix and sparkling muscatel ready to give a little variety to the shrimp and hot meatballs and pinot grigio listed on the signup sheet. Come on guys, am I the only one promoting the hard working, hard drinking reputation of our Y. C.? After all, our club house has scarred and stained trestle tables, not dinner tables with white table clothes. I am not much of a party person. But thought since I have not done much socializing at the Y. C., only C.G. Aux stuff, that it was time I did before I became known as the yacht club recluse. So there goes another night I can't get any writing done.

THEN, after THAT party is over, I gotta go pick up the grandkids to attend a midnight Harry Potter party at a bookstore. We can't pick up our copy of the Potter book until July 21, but the bookstore is hosting a bash at midnight and will release the book then. It is so odd that the 'kids party' is later than the 'adults party'. And means I will be snoring away most of Saturday to recover, instead of writing.

Formula: grey cell sapping disease + hectic life = non-productive writer
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”