Kirk Vs Picard on Fanlib.com

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: Kirk Vs Picard on Fanlib.com

Postby Distracted » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:49 pm

Here's my attempt at round 4. Let me know what you think. (Yeah... I know. Another recycled title. My brain's fried. This contest is impossible.)

A Matter of Trust
Image sig by chrisis1033

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:21 pm

A nice, neat, polished finish. Very Happy
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:14 pm

Thanks. My one reviewer gave it two stars. Supposedly s/he didn't like the "plot" because there was no conflict between Kirk and Picard. Yep. I know there was no plot. What do they want? Should I have them kill each other and that resets the timeline to normal? Jeez. These people are bloodthirsty! How is any author supposed to do any sort of "conflict" and also address all of the points the guidelines say to address in only 7500 characters? It's impossible! Confused
Image sig by chrisis1033

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:17 pm

well surely you just didn't try hard enough Dis! get back to your tower! try again!

Can you feel the sarcasm oozing up thickly between your virtual toes? I can. MmmmMMMMMmm.......sarcasm.......
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:27 pm

I'm actually tempted to try again. FORTUNATELY, the deadline for submissions for round 4 was 3 pm today.

Whew. I'm off the hook. I'm DONE! Wahoo! This idiotic contest will no longer keep me awake running plot possibilities through my head!

Now I can get back to my series finale, and when I'm done with that...well...anything goes. I might even get to read the 20+ novels stacked up on the floor of my bedroom before I start obsessing about something else (preferably publishable). Very Happy
Image sig by chrisis1033

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:44 am

Well what's wrong with them working together. I mean like they're both good guys. (Assuming they're not MU) I actually liked it. Well though I still have no clue who the frell Gary Seven is Sad didn't see that much TOS. One gripe why did you let the Wesley talk?? Confused Confused Confused Confused Razz

(By the way what was the cat doing all that time? Razz If I knew Gary Seven was gonna show up I'da written my musical to tunes from "Cats". I'm sure that would have gone on the finalists! Twisted Evil Razz )
ImageImage

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:33 pm

If you'd read my Paradox arc you'd know who Gary Seven is...or at least MY version of Gary Seven. His cat isn't actually a cat, BTW. She's a shape shifter and can also become a woman...and in my stories other things as well. Gary Seven's a temporal agent from TOS episode "Assignment: Earth". The "cat"'s his sidekick/helper/possibly partner. Her name is Isis. In KvP there was no mention of Isis being on the bridge in the winning round 3 scene so I didn't complicate things by including her. I'm assuming she's off doing whatever shapeshifters do when they're off duty. In my KvP scene the implication is that Guinan is acting as Seven's partner. I did it that way because otherwise how the heck would she know that Enterprise-D was about to blow up? And if that's stupid, it's not my fault. It was the other guy's idea to make her know so much that I had to assume she was working with Seven.

Hey... maybe it's not really Guinan? Maybe it's Isis in another form? Cool
Image sig by chrisis1033

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:11 am

Or maybe she's another cat! Shock Razz Cool

Well like I kinda know the basics about Gary Seven that he's like a temporal agent and stuff, and that Isis is a shapeshifter Aegis or whatever because I kinda had to do a little bit of research for my "Assignment Earth" art challenge entry Confused Confused but I've never actually seen the episode. Sad

(should have written my own round 4 entry titled "Tales from the Litter Box"... wish I had the time Sad )
ImageImage

Bether6074
Site Donor

Postby Bether6074 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:27 pm

I can definitely relate to this one more, with all of TNG characters in it. I like Picard's interactions with the crew. "Don't be ridiculous" look... Laughing I can just see that. Maybe you'll have better luck this time.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:37 am

'Fraid not. The five finalists are up, and guess what? Sad

Oh well. I'm done now. Time to move on to other things. Maybe I'll try to get motivated to finish my season 6 finale. It's strange, though. I've been trying so hard to be finished, and now that the end is looming the idea of being done is just so damned depressing. Maybe it's just this frustrating contest...I dunno. I'm just not motivated to write anything at all.
Image sig by chrisis1033

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:44 am

Well I think it is kinda depressing. Like to think there would be no more TnT fics from you Sad Crying or Very sad
ImageImage

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:57 am

Speaking of Kirk vs. Picard, I found this one on YouTube:

The Wrath of Kirk

Laughing Laughing Laughing
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Bether6074
Site Donor

Postby Bether6074 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:29 am

I'd be more than willing to bet that just about every published author received dozens of rejection slips before they finally heard a yes. Don't ever EVER give up. Good luck with your finale. I'm sure the words will come to you.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:35 am

Distracted wrote:'Fraid not. The five finalists are up, and guess what? Sad

Oh well. I'm done now. Time to move on to other things. Maybe I'll try to get motivated to finish my season 6 finale. It's strange, though. I've been trying so hard to be finished, and now that the end is looming the idea of being done is just so damned depressing. Maybe it's just this frustrating contest...I dunno. I'm just not motivated to write anything at all.

Have you started thinking of another project? :shrug: Might help. I mean, I know when I'm done with Foundations that I have my old Endeavour series to dig back up and rework. If you think of what your next writing project might be, it might help you look forward to that.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:35 pm

That's just the trouble, I guess. Except for a collaborative effort in its earliest stages (which appears to be stalled at my partner's end) I'm fresh out of ideas. I can't even think of a good way to end my finale. It's like my brain has shut down and I don't really care any more. It's the strangest feeling NOT to have a story constantly running through my head. I feel like there's something missing. Confused
Image sig by chrisis1033

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”