One useful comment

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: One useful comment

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:58 am

Don't worry Dis I won't even get tipsy. Me and my dad are the only non-lightweights in the immediate family. I go slow, and only 4 shots.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Postby Distracted » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:11 am

Quite a tolerance you've got. You do know that when you drink enough to develop an alcohol tolerance you're downregulating your opioid receptors at the same time, don't you? Then if you're injured or have surgery the pain meds won't work at usual doses. Not to mention what drinking 4 shots at a sitting on even a fairly regular basis will do to the liver of a woman our size. We don't metabolize alcohol as efficiently as men do. It's toxic at lower doses for us.[/annoyinglecture] :-p

I'm sorry you had a rough day. I hope you feel better soon.
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:00 am

Just out of curiosity, wouldn't taking opiates most of my life make it so I tolorate alcohol better. I mean I weigh less than both my sister's and neither of them can have more than two. Just curious.

You know I've been thinking, has anyone ever seen a fic, where Trip explains that just because he's had 4 sexual relationships ( not counting Al'hen because rocks don't count,) that we know of... Does not mean he views T'Pol as a fling? Because I still say she was able to use the word "exploration" because she convinced herself he didn't see her much differently than Natalie and Princess Fishstick. Not that I don't count season 3 as a fling because neither of them were mentally or emotionally stable for more. Especially Trip!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:45 pm

Dis, don't blame me. It was in the Episode. Trip accused T'Pol of spreading it around. It was never refuted in the Episode so one can take it anyway one chooses. Trip apparently thought she did it and the only logical reason for doing it would be to get back at Trip, if she did it. As I remember the Episode the only people in Sickbay during the time Trip was diagnosed as being Pregnat was Archer, T'Pol, Phlox, and of course, Trip. Archer, T'Pol and Phlox all swore they would not syay anything. Trip told Archer later that the whole crew knew about it. One creman even pulled out Trip's chair for him. Trip was wearing a shirt to hide the bump. So how did the crew know? someone of the three had to blab. As I said it would not be Phlox, I don't belive Archer would either as he would want to keep it a secret as possible to avoid any problems with the crew. That leaves T'Pol. As I said, Trip, in the Episode siad "It must be T'Pol" So, it is not me. I am just quoting the episode.

I do think that T'Pol was a little P.O.'d at Trip out of porportion to her position. Besides, ARcher was there and it was his place to chastise Trip not hers, then.

I probably am reading it wrong but that is how I see it. She is a tad jealous, angry because she believes he had Sexual relations with Ah'Len, doesn't believe him when he denies it. A guy can get clawed good in that situation.

WG. Again, this is just my reading and belief: I think that Trip and T'Pol were more in Love than either would admit to themselves or to the other. They just admitted to "Feelings" (Whatever that means) Being so much in love they Mated as T'Pol later claimed (in Bound) consequent events probaly made Trip think otherwise which is why he at first denied they had mated but then said "OKay" which I think menas he accepted that they had mated.

I also believe and think that they began intimate relations soon after Bound because in Demons and Terra Prime everything pointed to that.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:55 pm

I also believe they were in love SB. I don't believe they KNEW it. I'd say the "real love" came within weeks of the Xindi attack. However, Unexpected is the 5th episode. Two weeks after they met. No way, no way was this in anyway simular to Harbinger on either side.

Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:47 pm

Aw, WG, let me keep some illlusions. I ike to think that the attraction started earlier for T'Pol than it did Trip. She would be beautiful, exotic and remote. It would be that Vulcn remoteness that would stop Trip at first. Doubt if he would hve fell for Fishsticks charms had he the Hots for T'Pol at that time. But T'Pol exibited Jealousy early on. In Oasis she was clearly jealous of the young woman who knew Enginerinng and saved Trip's life by warning him not to touch something. T'Pol crisply told Trip where the Bear dumped in the woods. True, Trip at the end left a Protein sequences programed to make Ice Cream (Rocky Road) for the young woman and received a kiss in return but T'Pol didn't know about that. Never saw any reaction to Fishstick by T'Pol. Thought that ending in Precious Cargo was crappy. NO need for Archer and T'Pol to come to the surface it should have been left to Malcom and the Security team. Archers crack was uncalled for too. T'Pol as far as I could se showned no emotion one way or the other.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:52 pm

First, I'm not trying to destroy anything.

Second, I didn't say they weren't attracted to each other.

Third, what is it with people and wanting to rush all the good things about relationships? The attraction part is FUN! The friendship part is FUN! The bickering part is FUN! The fallling in love part is FUN! The making it work part is work blood sweat and tears but it is also FUN!

So I ask again, why rush things? I like that it took a long time (Terra Prime) for them to get it together. They're stronger for it.

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:35 pm

It's strange to me, SB, that with one breath you can be all romantic and shippy and "she liked him even before he liked her", and at the same time your mental picture of T'Pol is that she's a vindictive back-stabbing vixen. Is that the sort of woman you guys fantasize about having a romantic relationship with? Because if it is, I've sure been going about this business all wrong all these years. :?
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:37 pm

Men are insane! On the one hand they want docile soft accomadating princesses that hang on to every word and fullfill every wish, AND they want she-witches that will make them suffer. :roll:

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:53 pm

Ah, yes. The Virgin/Whore dichotomy. The reason why a large percentage of the cultures in the civilized world condone mistresses for men who can afford them.

Nope. I don't buy it. If a man's with me he's got to make up his mind. But maybe that's the problem. Some men think it's their right to have both options. And they make us feel guilty when we can't be both for them, as if that's possible without going nuts.

Women do it, too, though. How many women have you known who've been divorced multiple times because they pass up the steady, stable guy and go for the bad boy every time? That never works. People need to grow up. Of course, society won't allow a woman to have her steady, honest beau plus a bad boy on the side like a man would even if we were wired to be able to do that, which we're not, so it's still not fair.
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:59 pm

This is why I've come up with a solution, don't atuomatically give or get what they or you want. Give and get what they and you you NEED! Want stuff will follow.

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:05 pm

But the concept of "need" is relative. In today's spoiled society "wants" become "needs" at the drop of a hat. We "need" a nice car, we "need" an iPhone, we "need" a house we have no hope of paying for, we "need" emotional fulfillment and our current partner just doesn't do it for us anymore. We're a consumer-driven society. Our "wants" have become our "needs".

Oh, and supersize that and bring it NOW, please. :roll:
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:11 pm

Sure. Because society is high on "instant gratification" which only is good for computers and choclolate. However, I try to be as sane as possible in the insanity, and hope beyond hope that I'm not alone.

Hence the reason I actually like Season 4 of ENT, and think that no TV couple should get together before season 4. You know I always wished someone would write an AU where TnT never considered getting together until after Terra Prime. Que the howling wails of agony...

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:16 pm

I like that. Trip's her friend and only support through her addiction and recovery. Or even better, she never even gets addicted in the first place. They love each other but decide not to consummate the relationship until they're out of the Expanse and can fully committ to each other. A mature, responsible relationship. What a novelty.
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:22 pm

:happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: Dis I love you! Hey, you like the fanfic "Cat-Tales" right. Now that does the female dichonomy justice.

Fics

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”