One useful comment

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: One useful comment

Postby Silverbullet » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:15 pm

Wg, the quote is "Blood,toil tears and sweat" W. Churchill.

Dis, first as I said I was just quoting the episode which made her seem like Harpy. It was never spelled out but implied. For myself I did not indicate I agreed with that.

It is true some men want a Virgin in the day and a Whore in Bed. They fantasize about the demon woman and the pure loving wife too. As you say some men could afford that life style. Most men couldn't nor would want to. The Europeans don't trust a politician who does not have a Mistress or for the female politico's a Lover.

Not all men are of the mould you hvave stated in the above posts. Some are true to their wives and love them. They revere their children and family life. Please don't tar us all with the same brush. Or brand us that way.

I believe that in many marriages the partners at one time or another actively dislike each other but they get over that and smooth things out. It happens to the most solid marriages.

As far as cheating goes it is a maxim among men that it is easier for a woman to cheat if she wants to just by anouncing her availability. Housewives if they have children in school can leave the home and meet a lover in a motel in the morning and home again by early afternoon. Men, at least in the past, were chained to a machine or desk. They would go home tired. So they would not feel much like being romantic. Women resent that they need a little attention once in a while. some appreciation for their lives. Wandering husbands and wives. Done in the past and today. Been done throughout history.

I never purposely went after a married woman when I was single but I can remember at least five times I was in bed with a female who looked up at me and said: "My Husband is terrible jealous" That scared Hell out of me. Last thing I needed was an outraged Husband looking for me. One even told me her Husband was a Gangster. I doubt that now because nothng ever happened to me but at the time I was sweating bullets.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:20 pm

Silverbullet wrote:Wg, the quote is "Blood,toil tears and sweat" W. Churchill.

Not all men are of the mould you hvave stated in the above posts. Some are true to their wives and love them. They revere their children and family life. Please don't tar us all with the same brush. Or brand us that way.

I wasn't trying for the actual Churchill quote, that was the pop culture phraze. And no not ALL men are in the catagory. But I don't know a single man, not one, who didn't fantasize like that at one point in his life. Even if it was the horney teenaged years.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:51 pm

WG, in the early Horny Teen years males fantasize about many females. They are horny for a female, any female. Their Hormones are raging. They fantasize about movies stars (female) Beautiful models, Famous beutiful women. It is said that a young teen male has a sexual thought every ten seconds. Do't belive that but every ten minutes sounds right.

It is the nature of the beast.

When I was a young teen getting Laid was damned hard unless one was a Jock (football) very Handsome, Drove a great Car, or daddy had bucks. Sometimes all of them in one guy. The average, run of the mill guy really didn't have much of a chance if any. Teen girls weren't a bit shy about letting a guy know he wasn't in the ball game.

SB

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:53 pm

SB do you really think I'm unaware of that fact? I have 5, Brothers. Plus I am a woman, plus I was a teen myself. That is nothing new.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:02 am

You know how tough it is to be a teen female. Not sure if you really know how tough it is to be a male teen. Believe me the pressure is intense. Are you part of the "In" group? pushed to the margins? Is your face always pushed up to the Candy store but you cannot get any of the goodies? competition for every thing: Status most importantly. Lots of BMOC's in High school were so so's after wards and the ones on the margins had nothing to do in their teen years but learn how to get ahead later on and did. Most though just went on being part of the masses.

SB

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:54 am

5 brothers!

Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:04 pm

WG, you know when I was a young Teen many things were not discussed. Hell I didn't know that females had Periods until I was 17. Puberty was finally brought up in a Sex Education class when I was a Senior in High school and it didn't conver squat.

No Pill, no info it was the blind leading the blind. Males did their best to talk a girl in to "Putting Out" but for the female there was just too much danger of a Pregnancy. In those days an unwed mother was something shameful. Young males rarely took precautions because they were in such a heat they were in too much of a hurry for that.

Five Brothers? wonder just how much they really revealed to you. In my day things like Sex was not spoken about with a female.

Different age. The Pill changed everything forever.

SB

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:14 pm

Well we're all pretty close, and like you said it's a different world now, but really most of the time all I had to do was watch them.

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:49 pm

Silverbullet wrote:WG, you know when I was a young Teen many things were not discussed. Hell I didn't know that females had Periods until I was 17. Puberty was finally brought up in a Sex Education class when I was a Senior in High school and it didn't conver squat.

No Pill, no info it was the blind leading the blind. Males did their best to talk a girl in to "Putting Out" but for the female there was just too much danger of a Pregnancy. In those days an unwed mother was something shameful. Young males rarely took precautions because they were in such a heat they were in too much of a hurry for that.

Five Brothers? wonder just how much they really revealed to you. In my day things like Sex was not spoken about with a female.

Different age. The Pill changed everything forever.

SB

Those were also the days when everyone thought that a penicillin shot cured everything. AIDS changed all that right enough.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:24 pm

DIS you are right there. but the new generation of Myacin (sp) and Penecillins helped with other things. One other thing that they could not take care of was SE Asian Clap. The Bar Girls in Bangkok and Saigonn chewed penecilling pills like candy and they got a Social disease which became immune to those cdrugs. The size of a dosage of Cilian durgs that would take care of it would kill a human. So some men died in agony.

Loverly subject.

BTW, what ws the subject of this thread? I have just written a dark story. I showed it to JT who said it ws too brutal at the beginning and Ellesar would not allow it to be putup. Probably not. Wasn't the beginning of this thread about Kotiks harangue?

I would rather talk about Trip and T'Pol's love story.

SB

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:20 pm

This particular thread started out as a civil discussion of the pros and cons of addressing controversial topics in fiction, but it's wandered some. It's still civil, though, so I've sorta been letting it wander as it wills.

I wouldn't mind taking a look at your "dark" story to see if it can be made suitable for public consumption. I can't guarantee I won't just agree with JT, but if you're up for a re-write or two I wouldn't mind offering you some input. If you're interested, pm me.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:42 pm

Dis, coming up check you r PM in a few minutes.

SB

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:14 am

Silverbullet wrote:... but at the time I was sweating bullets....

Silver bullets.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:26 am

Holy Punster ek! so are you actually Robin or Nightwing?

Speaking about writing nasty things, I find it rather odd that people can freak about fanfic when "Crime Novels" with some pretty sick stuff are top of every best seller list in the world. I wonder if the same people who complain about "bad stuff" happening to TnT ever pick up the new Kathy Reichs novel?

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:37 am

Or Steven King *shudder*
Image sig by chrisis1033

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”