One useful comment

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: One useful comment

Postby Silverbullet » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:42 pm

WG, what wardrobe Malfunction was deleted from Harbinger? I am not up on these things as yyou are.

DIS. Nice explanation. Too bad most of it went over my thick head. but it sounded damned good.

I guess I wil just have to suspend my disbelief and accept that Trip can not only get Pregnant but when the embryo is removed from him it is a healthy baby girl embryo.

Good thing T'Pol wasn't along and played the game wit some Male on board she may have come back preggers too. It would have been a lot easier for her but if she carried to term who would baby sit and how would Trip take it? T'Pol was a little pissed at Trip for getting knocked up. She even told everyone on the ship he was Pregnant. Trip accused her of that and it was never disproved. Just shoved to one side. T'Pol did tear a strip off Trip in Sickbay accusing him of playing house with Ah'Len and other naughty things.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:46 pm

SB "wardrobe malfunction" refers to a certain Superbowl halftime proformance that set the deceny league into action thereby not allowing T'Pol's entire backside being shown in USA TV.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:54 pm

Ah, but I seriously doubt that T'Pol would have been frivolous enough to play a "game" involving sticking her unprotected hands into anything. One never knows about bowls of shiny pebbles, now does one? :vulcan:
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:55 pm

Preach on!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:57 pm

Nah. I'm not preaching. It's only logical. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:54 pm

Wg, her ENTIRE backside? Damn, stupid Moral Mothers of America. Sticking their nose where it doesn't belong. They only showed the top of her "Anal Crevice" as the moralists call the Butt Crack. A very nice Bum as Malcom would say was denied us males.

DIS, you never know. Now if Trip had been on one side and T'Pol the other there would not have been a Pregnacy but perhaps a few revelations. Remember it allowed people to read others minds. What would Trip see in T'Pol's mind and she in his? a little early in the game? One wonders though given how pissed T'Pol was. Later she was also realy jealous of the girl on that crashed ship where only she and her father were real and the others holograms. She reminded Trip of Ah'Len and accused him of being attracted to the girl. She then stormed out and on to the birdge. That was early in the series. Too bad there wasn't some decent follow up instead of that will then won't they after the had tried A/T'Pol which died a Diogs death.

Thank heavens for Fanfic. Writers can fix those things and make them right.

SB

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:48 pm

Hmm. Well, I guess if you put on rose-colored shippers glasses you could call it jealousy that early. Or she might have just been annoyed with him for not paying attention to his work and being so easily distracted by a pretty face and a bowl of shiny pebbles. It's her job as XO to make sure everyone does their jobs, you know. Gotta maximize that efficiency. Playing with pretty pebbles and pretty girls just doesn't get the job done.

And I think the clinical term is gluteal cleft, furrow, fold, or crevice. Take yer pick. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:54 pm

And it confirms she's on a ship with a race of beings that have no sense of propriety, and a potential intergalactic incedent of GIGANTIC proportions.

Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:52 pm

She was Torqued at him, PISSED. She chewed him out for putting his fingers where they didn't belong. Said that was a Diplomats first lesson was not to put your fingers in the good bowl. (Actually a Diplomats first lessons is how to read upside down and backwards and how to lie in wo hours of talk that says nothing) anyway, she did NOT believe Trip when he protested his innocence. She didn't even know what Ah'Len looked like. She could have looked like a Snake woman for all T'Pol knew, or cared. Trip was guilty in T'Pol's mind and that was that. Hang him. She blabbed about his pregnancy after swearing she wouldn't say a word about it. In the last scene she twisted the knife by telling him he would go down in history as the first human male to get Pregnant. Trip should have learned something there: it is not wise to get a Vulcan unhappy with you.

SB

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:04 am

Doesn't mean she was ticked off because she was in love with him. And no being "attracted" to someone is not the same as being in love with them.

Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:29 am

WG, that is true. However, her reaction was a bit more than just "Attracted to Him" There was a tad of possesiveness in there. She rappped his knuckles for getting out of line or she thought he did. Had she just been a XO she would have tried to believe him and to listen to his story with an open mind. None of that. Archer and Phlox both gave hm the benefit of the doubt. Phlox not knowing exactly how the material was transferred held judgement. Archer backed Trip. All swore that they would keep their muths shut. T'Pol obviously didn't as the whole crew knew about Trip's condition, I believe Archer and Phlox when they said they didn't Phlox obviously because of Doctor/Patient confideniality and Archer because he gave his word and that is important for a comander to keep. Only T'Pol had reason to break her word. She did. It was punishment for Trip's alleged transgressions. T'Pol gave evey indication of a woman who feels wronged and is vindictive. I have said before T'Pol, in the first two and a half seasons could only show her affection for Trip through Anger and Jealousy.

SB

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:10 am

That's only one way of looking at it. Not a fact. But it does make for good fic. ;-)

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:27 am

Each to his own, SB, but I don't see T'Pol as vindictive. It's not logical behavior.

Every small community has a rumor mill, and Enterprise qualifies as a community. Even if they're not seen on screen, there would have to be support personnel in a position to overhear things. Maybe not in sickbay, but Trip sure griped enough about his "morning sickness" for the rumor to be all over the ship by suppertime. I see no reason to assume that T'Pol deliberately and vindictively spread the rumor in order to get even. I wouldn't want anything to do with someone...male or female...who "expressed their affection" in that way. Assuming that she's the deliberate and vindictive source of the rumor is, in my opinion, tantamount to character assassination. You're welcome to believe that if you want to, but it's OOC in my opinion for T'Pol to do something like that, and it doesn't make for "good fic" in my eyes because if she'd really done that, Trip would have been crazy not to run away from her as fast as he could if he ever found out about it. No romance. No TnT. Just run, Forrest, run. :shock:

And a woman in a position of authority has to be firm in her expression of disapproval in order to be taken seriously, especially when she looks like T'Pol. Otherwise she just gets an eye roll and a, "Yes, dear. Whatever you say, dear," following which her male staff members will do precisely what they want to do. It's either that or get "royally p****d". There's no middle ground. When you're an attractive female supervisor you've gotta be a b***h to be taken seriously by most male subordinates in the workplace. At least, that's the way it works now. Maybe things will be better in the future. But deliberate vindictiveness is never appropriate in the workplace. I just don't think T'Pol would do that. She's technically his superior officer if she's functioning as the XO. Anger because he's not paying enough attention to his job, maybe I can see, although she struck me more as being maternally disapproving rather than angry. Maybe she was even just a trace jealous and didn't want to admit it, but vindictive? Nope. I really don't see it.
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:36 am

Oh Dis I didnn't mean I agreed she was deliberately vindictive because you're right, but I meant is was fun reading fics where she actually is attracted to Trip and finds out about it in that time period. I'm going to finish my schnapps now. Stupid day from hell.

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:48 am

Go enjoy, Warpgirl. We'll still be here when you're sober. Take it easy, though. Schnapps is meant to be sipped by the aperitif-glassful. It'll sneak up on you if you put it in a water glass... unless you just put a jiggerful in the glass and fill the rest up with water and crushed ice. The peppermint kind is kinda refreshing that way, actually. Sorta like drinkable mouthwash. ;-)
Image sig by chrisis1033

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”