Travis's back story and the Horizon

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

pookha
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Travis's back story and the Horizon

Postby pookha » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:50 am

i guess i will keep on reading but i am just suprised you take the thing seriously. me, being prepared thanks to quills, i laughed through it while taking notes. in the end i had about two and half pages of canon errors , inconsistencies ect..
from rikers clothing reverting to his tng uniform(some thing beyond the capabilites of a galaxy class holodeck) to the dual riker's in ten forward along with a ferengi, to the wrong stardates to the very basic that riker in pegasus is unrecognizable from the person we see in the thing.
add in more stuff like troi one second being some historian to not being able to tell different museum ships apart to data reverting to first season data.

as for
despite the fact that there was NEVER ANY INDICATION in ANY episode that he EVER had a connection to section 31.

well that is delt with in the book..
spoiler space..

trip gets recruited by malcolm who is connected with section 31 and harris and due to his report on the romuulan drone plus other factors.,

but, really none of this has anything to do with what the op was about travis and the horizon.

i like the idea of the horizon being recruited for the purpose as long as it is with warp three engines due to the objection i already gave.
she is so old and as someone else pointed out beyond if she could take the structural stress she may have the wrong configuration for type of engine as well as accomodating its size.

justTripn
Consigliere
Show On Map: No

Re: Travis's back story and the Horizon

Postby justTripn » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:40 pm

A Travis-based story is appealing to me. Does he get to be reunited with his offspring (I forget if it's a boy or girl)? I'm glad you are sticking by Charlie! You're finale fix really did go out on a limb, it was original, it was truely sci fi. More so than TGTMD, though I enjoyed that too. Desparate times call for desparate measures and Distracted resurrected Trip in a plausible way. TGTMD's solution was less plausible for the reasons Distracted mentioned, but it's more official, so I enjoyed it as a vindication of the NOT DEAD campaign that we were associated with.

If I am understanding you, Distracted, your final episode does not even get as far as Trip's death, am I right? So everyone who hasn't read Charlie, or has forgotten Charlie, or refuses to read Charlie can to so, RIGHT?!!! And still enjoy the end of your series? RIGHT?

As for the Warp 5 or 3 question, go with Warp 3 and I'm in!

As for people making a big stink on the boards with regard to a detail in a story, I'm against it. Some of you forget you ARE influential. I've noted problems in stories that are unfixable. So I keep quiet. What's the point, except to ruin the fun? Back to the fun!

BTW, I'm behind in my reading, but I haven't given up on any of you. It's summer and I'm relaxing. Time to finish stories by Black 'n Blue, CX, Rigil, and Distracted!
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”