T'Pol's face

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Brandyjane
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: T'Pol's face

Postby Brandyjane » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:11 am

I liked the darker color, but the cut of the first season wig was just horrible! I wished that JB had let them cut her hair into a short, severe cut the first season, and then gradually let it grow just a little longer as the first couple of seasons progressed to reflect how T'Pol loosened up a bit. In the third season, when she leaves the VHC, they should have just let it grow out. I totally understand why Jolene didn't cut her hair off into a Vulcan haircut, though, since she's a model and that hairdo was really not cute!

But this thread is about her face, not her hair, so to get back on topic, I'll just say that I thought Jolene Blalock was a great choice because she's gorgeous, but she also has a bit of an exotic look. Her acting, of course, is what sealed her as T'Pol, but when they put her in Vulcan makeup, I thought she did look alien - particularly when she did her eyebrows in season three.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:29 pm

Well speaking as a former hairdresser's gunia pig, I can say that how you're hair look can dramatically change your face. (trying not to have memories of what my face looked like in a "Jersey Girl" curly up-do) :upchuck: but I concur she should have grown her hair out long during the 3rd and 4th seasons. I had her grow her hair out in my story, and kept it season 1 color. She just looked darn good with it. And it brought out the color of her eyes, which is not brown.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Enerdhil
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Enerdhil » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:40 pm

Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:She got a new, and much better looking, wig. And they arched her eyebrows.

Sorry, I am not so an expert in the field, but only the new wig and eyebrows changed her appearance so much? Because I felt she was really thinner (face looking) in season 3, I
supposed she had lost some weight in between. On seasons 1 +2 she had a more 'round' face and, of couse, the lips appeared thicker - as discussed before.

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Postby Distracted » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:37 am

I don't much like her as a blonde, but her eyes sure look brown to me.

Image sig by chrisis1033

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Twitter username: Misplacedmama

Postby Misplaced » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:03 am

Dunno about that... There is a lot of green in her eyes. At the very least I would call them hazel. I have brown eyes, no green in them -- even olive green.

Officially retired from writing Trek fanfiction.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:05 am

They're not they're hazel. But when she has her hair dark they shift to almost Olive green with some gold flecks. Did you see her in Jason And The Argonaughts? Her eyes were so green. HAHA Beat me Misplaced!

I have brown eyes biological sis has Hazel her eyes go from green to brown just like JB.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Brandyjane
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Brandyjane » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:32 pm

My eyes are the same color as hers. I guess they're hazel. Depending on what I wear, they either look more green or more brown. Hair color makes an even bigger difference. My natural hair color is a medium reddish brown, which makes my eyes look browner. I usually dye it a few shades darker, and that makes my eyes look really green. I think JB looks better with darker hair because it really makes her eyes stand out, though I think she looks beautiful either way.

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”