T'Pol's face

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Kotik

T'Pol's face

Postby Kotik » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:02 pm

Since this is a site frequented by many females, I hope someone can enlighten me on a thing I just noticed. I was re-watching Fusion, since I plan to write something involving Kov and in that ending scene where T'Pol asks Archer, whether or not he dreams, her lips looked almost unnaturally bloated :shock: I know there's some sort of cosmetic surgery job to bolster lips and I'm starting to believe Jolene had such a job done on her face, so I started wondering. Why would a woman do that, because, unless I'm the deviation from the norm, it isn't exactly an improvement of appearance. So the question is, what's the reason for such jobs having done on someone?

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: T'Pol's face

Postby Distracted » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:10 pm

It was a very fashionable thing for a while for women, in Hollywood especially, to get collagen injections in the lips. The theory was that plump lips are sexier, and lip fillers eliminate those pesky lines women get around their lips as they get older. I've never personally seen the appeal, but for a while there most of the starlets in Hollywood walked around looking like they'd just been punched in the mouth. :roll:
Image sig by chrisis1033

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:38 pm

I've heard of it referred to as "bee stung lips." Jolene has nice full lips all the time so I can't imagine why she whould get injections.

I'll have to watch for that next time "Fusion" is on.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:55 pm

I don't think she had injections. But of course I wouldn't know for certain. Lip gloss reflects light (unlike lipstick) and can make lips appear larger on camera. Maybe that's all it was.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:15 pm

Some women, like Jolene and Angelina Jolie, have naturally full lips. That doesn't stop people from thinking that they had had surgery.

Jolene has admitted to having a boob job. I see no reason why she shouldn't have admitted to a lip job if she had one done. As it turns out, she has natural lips.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Brandyjane
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Brandyjane » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:26 pm

I'll second what Kevin said. She's pretty open about breast implants, so I don't see why she wouldn't admit to collagen injections, too. I think it's light-toned, shiny lip gloss that you're seeing in that scene. My lips aren't even extra-full like JB's, but I can make them look "bee stung" with the right shade of shiny lip gloss.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:50 am

That's why I noticed it. Her lips looked full, but ok. But in that scene they looked somewhat freakish. Maybe they botched up the light or something, but it looked very unnatural.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:55 am

Well I do have big lips. I'm not bragging, its not all its cracked up to be. With bad lip gloss and lighting my lips look like they take up my entire face.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:12 am

Maybe she had a little temporary swelling for some other reason, or maybe she was doing the lip pout thing a little more in that episode. Hell, Tolaris pouted so much, she might have started imitating him unconsciously.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:45 am

Maybe she bit her lip at lunch. That hurts!

Fics

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:09 am

We all have those photographs of us that make us cringe. Camera caught you holding your head in a manner that makes you look like you have seven chins. Your outfit inadvertently made you look pregnant, and you weren't. It was hot and humid out and your makeup Alice Coopered on you and you didn't realize it. Or, the combination of light/camera angle/makeup/whatever other forces at work made something about you look "freakishly unnatural."

I wonder how each of us would feel if a forum full of people had been discussing it?
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:33 pm

In other words I think the question was 'Did she have collagen injections' and the answer was 'no'.
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Enerdhil
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Enerdhil » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:19 pm

As this subject appeared, may I ask about the differences in T'Pol's aspect (mainly face) between seasons 2 - 3? I find T'Pol from seasons 3-4 more thin than seasons 1-2. There was any known reason for that?

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:43 pm

She got a new, and much better looking, wig. And they arched her eyebrows.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:46 pm

I liked the season 1 wig, because I liked the darker color. It brought out the green in her eyes. But the eye-brows were a HUGE improvement... Go JB for sneaking that in! :thumbsup:

Fics

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”