NX-01 Crew

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: NX-01 Crew

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:45 pm

*deleted orgional post* I'm an idiot and read the last one wrong. But the link doesn't work... Let's see if this works...http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Starfleet_uniforms Looks more complicated than it should be... :vulcan:

OK two links...

1. The overview of the uniforms of the ENT era http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Starfleet_ ... nd_century)

2. A great pic of our favorite lady Vulcan clearly showing the teal piping on her blue catsuit, but it should be stated the same piping was on uniforms of other colors. http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Commandertpol.jpg
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Show On Map: No

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:04 am

aadarshinah wrote:For the costumes, I think Rigel said somewhere they changed the colours in TNG because Data's makeup didn't look so hot with a red uniform.

That was me.

And while the comm officer should have worn command gold/yellow in my world, I can understand the blue at this point because they were developing communications skills, the universal translator etc. and that is more science than being an Uhura-like switchboard operator.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:12 am

Gah. All the guys on this site kinda blur together in my mind. I see a male name, and it's either one or the other in my mind when I try to remember it, depending on the hour and the day. I'm sure Frued has a wonderful reason for that, but, oh well. No harm intended.

Now, if I remember correctly, Uhura wore red and gold at various points in TOS. Kim, who was closest to Comm officer in VOY, was gold and called Ops.... Best I can remember of TNG is Worf got wonderful "hail them" priviliages and he was gold... and then red later. So I guess someone agrees with you on that, KTR.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:16 am

I don't remember Uhura wearing gold at all... But I do remember, Worf wore red first, and then Gold after Tasha bitthe dust the first time.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Show On Map: No

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:22 am

aadarshinah wrote:Gah. All the guys on this site kinda blur together in my mind. I see a male name, and it's either one or the other in my mind when I try to remember it, depending on the hour and the day. I'm sure Frued has a wonderful reason for that, but, oh well. No harm intended.

No biggie! :)

Now, if I remember correctly, Uhura wore red and gold at various points in TOS. Kim, who was closest to Comm officer in VOY, was gold and called Ops.... Best I can remember of TNG is Worf got wonderful "hail them" priviliages and he was gold... and then red later. So I guess someone agrees with you on that, KTR.

Uhura wore command gold in the first episode she appeared, but it was then changed to "ship's services" red. Kim wore indeed gold , but by then gold and red had switched places. And "ship's services" had been replaced by equally nebulous "operations". Worf was at first a command red (remember the colour switch) and used to, among other things, open hailing frequencies. He then changed shirt colour to "ops" gold when he was made head of security. He still kept some comm duties though.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:40 am

Which begs the question, Why does a security officer send/answer hails? But oh well. I gives me another idea on the various department's CoC.

Quite simply, do all red shirts report to the head red shirt? and gold to gold, and blue to blue, regardless of everything else? It would make for an even more convoluted CoC then previously imagined, but...

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:11 am

OK all security Ops personel would report to the head of security.

All Engineering personel would report to the ChEng.

All medical/science personel would report to the CMO.

All other science personel woulld report to the heads of their departments, in turn the heads of those departments report to the senior science officer.

Everybody answers to senior bridge crew depending on the mission... For example if Hoshi was in charge of an away mission, if she was the only member of senior staff present, everyone else would follow her orders. She would answer to the Captain and FO.

I think Worf answered the hails because in TNG they merged communications, Ops and tactical. Don't ask me why. Maybe they didn't want to add an operator when they already had a shrink. Then again it was the 80's maybe people would have gone crazy seeing a woman (Tasha) being an operator. People are weird...

Fics

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:46 am

True, but I guess the point of my question was: Does the head of tactical (Reed) report pro forma to the head of Engineering (Trip), and the head of comms (Hoshi) to head of sciences (T'Pol)? Or is it sort of a many-stringed command, with Tactical and Engineering and Comms and Science all reporting directly to the captain?

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:51 am

All senior officers (Hoshi, Malcolm, Travis, Trip, T'Pol, and Phlox) report to the FO or Captain. Mostly they should report to T'Pol, although since she's also the science officer she just reports to Jon. But, It depends on the situation the Captain may ask for a direct report. For example, Malcolm may have to follow Trip's orders on a mission, but they would both make formal reports to the FO or Captain.

It is confusing, but this is why I say you can't compare it to any system humanity has now.

Fics

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”