Just wondering?

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Re: Just wondering?

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:23 pm

Dude, if there is anything a site about two cancelled characters on a cancelled ship on a cancelled show needs, it is some NEW story lines involving said cancelled chars/starships/whatever. Get writing. Sounds great to me.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:26 pm

Or you could read my reboot. Just saying. Mr. Green

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:10 am

enterprikayak wrote:Dude, if there is anything a site about two cancelled characters on a cancelled ship on a cancelled show needs, it is some NEW story lines involving said cancelled chars/starships/whatever. Get writing. Sounds great to me.

Captain Kirk voice: _must_ not _post_ until _beta_ is _done_!
Writing as TrekPyro.

Hondafan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Hondafan » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:45 am

The other thing I just thought of since this is fan fiction is there any risk that someone would sue you for using characters from other series?
CX I have read your fiction and I am sad that your stopping with the last run for season 6. Sad

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:49 am

I think the risk is pretty minimal - particularly with Star Trek. But usually TPTB with any series will encourage fan fiction because it's a free advertisement for their show or movie.
Writing as TrekPyro.

Hondafan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Hondafan » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:13 am

I have written a little bit I am unsure if I can post it here or who I should have read it before I post it. Any help would be appreciated.

Jedikatie
Commander
Commander

Postby Jedikatie » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:41 am

It honestly depends on whose work your using (other than Star Trek, that is). I know that fanfiction.net, for example, lists these authors:

* P.N. Elrod
    * Raymond Feist
    * Terry Goodkind
    * Laurell K. Hamilton
    * Robin Hobb
    * Dennis L. McKiernan
    * Robin McKinley
    * Irene Radford
    * Anne Rice
    * Nora Roberts/J.D. Robb
    * Archie comics

as being ones that do not wish fanfiction of their work to be posted on the Internet, so any story based on their works (or using their characters) is not allowed there.

Most TV shows/production companies don't care too much, though there are, on occasion, some that get a bit overzealous and want to stop anything and everything that isn't "officially" approved by them from being posted.
Was this the army that invaded your country, ma'am? No, officer, they were taller than that...

How about this one? I'm not sure--get them to march up and down a bit...

(From Terry Pratchett's Jingo)

Hondafan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Hondafan » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:02 pm

I kind of figured that Anne Rice would be out. Ive stuck with series where I have found other fan fiction that exists on the net. Personally I would love to see Anne's vampires in the star trek universe but I doubt that she would. And since I have read so much of her stuff I am not sure how to pull off a vampire story without it sounding cheesey. Confused

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:47 pm

Jedikatie wrote:Most TV shows/production companies don't care too much, though there are, on occasion, some that get a bit overzealous and want to stop anything and everything that isn't "officially" approved by them from being posted.

IMOHO, they're pretty stupid for being like that. As I said before, it's a free advertizement for their show and it also gives them some indication of what the fans really want to see.
Writing as TrekPyro.

TSara
Captain
Captain

Postby TSara » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:01 pm

Weird off topic comment....but my dad is friends with Anne Rices Cousin.....he has gotten to meet her AND eat lunch with her.

Said she was nice.....but a bit on the creepy side.

:O
"It can giggle all it wants, but the galaxy isn't gettin' any of our bourbon." -Trip to Malcolm Shuttlepod One

Archer: You missed T'Pol's latest bout with chopsticks.
Trip: Damn, dinner and a show.- Silent Enemy

http://www.myspace.com/hylndlas

http://tsara80.livejournal.com/

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:06 am

Hondafan wrote:Here are a couple of my ideas...
My first idea involves Borg nanoprobes,Trip,T'Pol and the crew of Voyager, as well as the Borg Queen. I usually hate temporal stories but I have this idea of Trip and the Borg.
My second idea involves several characters from Anne Rice and the Vampire Chronicles as well as Trip,T'Pol,Soval and Section 31
My third idea involves the Taelons and Ha'gel from Earths Final Conflict and TnT.
Still working on a 24 version and a Farscape version.
I am unsure of a way to work TnT into the SG series.
What does everyone think?
I'd be careful with Anne Rice. I have also heard that she won't allow fan fiction. The SG link would be interesting, but it would probably have to involve time travel (since SG is supposed to be taking place now at some secret subterranean base) if you're going to include the SG-1 team. Maybe get SGA involved and have the ancients come up with a time travel device which pulls one of the SG ships to the future and have the future be the ST universe since WWIII destroyed all of the stargates and forced the development of warp technology. They're out in the middle of nowhere with no way to get back to Earth because Earth's stargate is destroyed and along comes Enterprise to the rescue.

Farscape would be easy. Just pull out another wormhole. Same for Firefly. Come to think of it, I've read a Firefly/Enterprise crossover, but I didn't think it was very good. I'm pretty sure it's posted on HoT. I'm afraid I know nothing about "Final Conflict" and the idea of Trip and the Borg really doesn't interest me much, so I have no suggestions there.
Image sig by chrisis1033

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:10 am

Yes - No Dominion is one story I've never managed to get into. Crossovers are pretty hard to keep afloat.
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:53 am

Hondafan wrote:CX I have read your fiction and I am sad that your stopping with the last run for season 6. Sad

Uh, what? Confused FND is taking a mid-season hiatus, but we're only in our first season.

Hondafan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Hondafan » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:10 am

I think it would be interesting to see Trip as a Borg and T'Pol has to rescue him. Basically ending up where both Trip and T'Pol are in some future together. Very Happy

Hondafan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Hondafan » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:07 pm

You guys can probably figure out that my second favorite Scifi series is Earths Final Conflict by now.. Laughing Very Happy Smile That series just lends itself to overlaps. The more I write the more idea's I get is that like that for everyone that writes here? Or am I a super nerd now? Confused

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”