Just wondering?

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Hondafan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Just wondering?

Postby Hondafan » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:23 pm

I am curious to see how many on this site would love to see a crossover with another scifi series. I would love to see TnT in the past with agent Jack Bauer. I would also like to see TnT on Atlantis with Michael the wraith. I would also like to see them on Moya in the farscape uiniverse. I would also like to see TnT in the Earth Final Conflict series.
I would love to see the Vulcans deal with Taelons.
What do you think? Am i a total nerd? Smile

evcake
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: Just wondering?

Postby evcake » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:53 pm

How about a crossover to the Discworld?
Archer: T'Pol, tell me I'm not seeing a giant turtle an AU long.
T:Pol: Captain, I am unable to do so.
Archer: And what's that on top of it?
T'Pol: They appear to be elephants, sir.
Archer: Why is one of them lifting it's leg?
Laughing
Last edited by evcake on Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:22 pm

I'm not really a fan of crossovers outside of franchises unless they're really well done because, for the most part, the universes are generally incompatible IMO. For example, a while back, I stumbled upon a nuBSG/Farscape/Stargate crossover "series" and the author had to really stretch to make the stuff work and even then, I wasn't able to maintain interest long enough to finish reading.

But, that's just my opinion.
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:45 pm

^ I'll keep this short and sweet.

Trek writers cant even competently handle crossovers within their own franchise, never mind other shows.

A well written crossover is a very rare thing indeed. I think I've found only one well written crossover in my entire life and that was only because it was Voyager/Quantum Leap and I knew that the author couldn't possibly screw up Voyager any more than the actual producers already did and Leaping into a Vulcan must have been an interesting thrill for Sam Beckett.

In other words - Crossovers only work when it's a win/win situation for both series and all characters involved really play off each other.
Writing as TrekPyro.

Bookworm
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Bookworm » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:03 am

I'd like to see crossovers too. I agree that it's hard to find one's that are really good. I think I've read one good Farscape/SG-1 crossover that was before Vala and Mitchell.
I'd like to read a Farscape/Enterprise crossover. I've actually written one myself, but only for myself so I can't post it. It's so crappy English and all the words and expressions I didn't know in English I've written in Finnish.
I think that it wouldn't be too hard to combine Farscape and Star Trek universes, because there isn't that much happening on Earth or near Earth in Farscape and because it's before WW3 that can be used and also wormholes come in handy. The hardest I think is to know both shows well enough to be able to write both sets of characters correct not just one.
So here are few very simple challenge ideas for Farscape/Enterprise if someone would be interested to write:
1. Malcolm and Trip have another shutlepod accident this time they end up into the UT. How will they find their way home. What happens with Trip and T'Pol and their bond, because Trip is so far away that it can be reached only by a wormhole. Who will they meet there.
2. Someone on Enterprise is related to Crichton. WW3 has destroyed much information about history during Farscape experiment so they know almost nothing about that until during shoreleave that person who is some way related to Crichton finds something about that ancestor and starts to investigate. (What I pictured for this was Olivia marrying someone named Tucker and there might be some old diary or something. )
3. Enterprise finds from space a ship that is in trouble and there is someone there who is only partly human and partly Sabacean an unknown species to Enterprise crew.

Hondafan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Hondafan » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:09 pm

I would think that its possible to do a crossover.But not with berman and braga writing it. I think there are several fanfic writers out there that would pull it off successfully. I have also thought that I would like to see some authors like Ann Rice write a Star Trek fiction. I am just curious to see some established writers take a turn at Trek.

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:57 pm

Hondafan, maybe you could write one.
Writing as TrekPyro.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:43 pm

imagine a Stephen King trekbook....

Bag of Clones
Skeleton Starship Crew
Delta Shift
Four Past 2400 Hours
Secret Porthole, Secret Airponics Bay

(Clearly: too much time on my hands. However, if this is the Devil's playground, *I* say there should be more swings and less BBCode.)
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:47 pm

YES! Guffaw Guffaw Guffaw Guffaw
Writing as TrekPyro.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:51 pm

That whatcher looking for? Laughing
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Hondafan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Hondafan » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:24 pm

I would but it would be pretty bad. I am not very good at telling stories. I have a ton of ideas but an actual story would be pretty pethetic on my part not to mention painful for the readers. Sad

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:39 pm

try it? Smile

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:03 pm

Hondafan wrote:I would but it would be pretty bad. I am not very good at telling stories. I have a ton of ideas but an actual story would be pretty pethetic on my part not to mention painful for the readers. Sad

A lot of good writers start out bad. That's how you learn. You try it, find out what works and what doesn't and stick with it.
Writing as TrekPyro.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:08 pm

Do I sense another BnB-esque blossoming? (Or an attempt at causing one anyhow?) Very Happy

Hondafan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Hondafan » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:56 pm

Here are a couple of my ideas...
My first idea involves Borg nanoprobes,Trip,T'Pol and the crew of Voyager, as well as the Borg Queen. I usually hate temporal stories but I have this idea of Trip and the Borg.
My second idea involves several characters from Anne Rice and the Vampire Chronicles as well as Trip,T'Pol,Soval and Section 31
My third idea involves the Taelons and Ha'gel from Earths Final Conflict and TnT.
Still working on a 24 version and a Farscape version.
I am unsure of a way to work TnT into the SG series.
What does everyone think?

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”