T'Pol's Father

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: T'Pol's Father

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:24 pm

The problem is that according to Sussman he wanted to make T'Pol's father Romulan to "explain" why she's different. But truthfully I'm glad there is no season 5 too. There were some very good episodes, very good, but on the whole I don't think they had the resources needed to carry out some of their ideas. For example The Seventh, T'Pol as a spy, I actually like the idea. However, what they did was less then steller. And that's probably what would have happened with their idea with T'Pol's father. Whatever was going on behind the scenes, stuff like that takes commitment, and too many things happened where they didn't commit to the idea.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Ulva
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Show On Map: No

Postby Ulva » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:38 pm

WarpGirl wrote:The problem is that according to Sussman he wanted to make T'Pol's father Romulan to "explain" why she's different.

Precisely why I definitely didn't like the idea.
Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right. - Isaac Asimov

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:18 am

I blame Freud. Because, naturally, if a girl's messed up, it has to be her dad's fault. :roll: Guess I'm one to talk though.

Now, if they only used it as a vechile to flush out the Romulan side of the Romulan Wars... but, if wishes were fishes....

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:32 am

But Frued has been proven a hack!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:46 am

Maybe, but he heavily influeced armchair psych, as well as Eugene O'Neill's plays. Mourning Becomes Electra? Okay, yeah, basically Aeschylus's Oresteia in Civil War US, but heavily influenced by Freud. As was Strange Interlude and several of his shorter, one acts. Like him or hate him, Freud does evil things like to people, like try and give them Romulan fathers.

Plus, the quote, "No one who, like me, conjures up the most evil of those half-tamed demons that inhabit the human breast, and seeks to wrestle with them, can expect to come through the struggle unscathed,” from Dora is spot on.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:23 am

Strange Interlude one of my favorite movies. Norma Shearer is brilliant. I suppose you're right though, sad.

Fics

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”