Thoughts on Koss?

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: Thoughts on Koss?

Postby Aikiweezie » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:45 pm

Rigil Kent wrote:Of course Koss let her go. The Vulcan Science Directorate has determined that, once you go Terran, there is no comparing.
:raspberry:

:guffaw:

Anyway.....I could never figure out exatly WHY he would insist on going through with the marriage considering T'Pol was quite the outcast at the time, AND she had p'anars AND she was affected by her addiction, AND she was carrying on a romantic relationship with a human, UNLESS Koss was completely old-school in his views and very, very sheltered.

No one took T'Pols relationship with Trip seriously at all, until right before the ceremony when T'Les told Trip to tell T'Pol how he really felt. It always seemed weird to me that Koss didn't think T'Pol was tainted by it and found it amusing.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:52 pm

Maybe Vulcans just aren't into 'purity' the way Humans are.

Welcome back!
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:56 pm

Well I still haven't seen Home blame SYFY they can't stop re-running season 3. So all my first impressions of him are from the Vulcan Arc. Quite honestly I think he married her because his family were Syrranites, they brought T'Les into it, and the VHC was gunning for T'Pol and they wanted to protect her. I don't think he was the Vulcan equivilant of "in love" but I think he cared about her, and probably hoped they could make a life together. Once he was certain it wasn't possible, he logically let her go, and would consider her a person of great merrit. The Vulcan equivilant of respect and offered friendship.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:00 pm

He's an emotional human, she's a Vulcan and will outlive him for at least 50 years - if, that is, he's just not using her for sex.

It is kinda funny, if you find that sort of thing funny, I guess.

Oh, and WG, try HDNET, if you have it. They just restarted season 1 today, but they run ENT 9-1 M-F.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:06 pm

OK I don't know what HDNET is... Or if I have it, I'm not a technophile. But I will look into it if it's free.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:12 pm

Alelou wrote:Maybe Vulcans just aren't into 'purity' the way Humans are.

Not that he would care about that necessarily, but I would think Koss would think she was really weird for doing it. Considering Koss knew about T'Pol's "human friend" when they spoke, I'm guessing T'Les must have mentioned something to him about Trip, although I can't imagine when that could have happened. The episode was a bit squished timewise.

I have HDNET on my cable (AT &T U-verse) and I love it! 3 episodes, commercial free a day!!!! I think I'm now on my 4th or 5th viewing of the entire season.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:37 pm

I don't think I can get HDNET. :(

Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:06 am

WG, SciFi or Syfy channel is going to broadcast "Home" tomorrow, here, on Dish Network. Not sure if you have Dish or not or if Syfy broadcast on the same schedule in your area. but just a heads up if they do.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:16 am

I've got DirectTV do you know what time?????????

Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:32 am

4pm. Here's the schedule: http://www.syfy.com/schedule/index.php?date=2010-08-3

Syfy is messed up, though. If you click on the link to the schedule for ST ENT, you get TNG instead -- and no entries. (BBC America has the syndication rights to that one now, I think.)
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:15 am

Well I'll try. Usually I cheack at 4 and no ENT. :dunno: If ENT magically is on, it's usually a Xindi ep. And I've seen all of them except Countdown. Its weird.

Fics

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:17 am

According to the guide on my cable system Enterprise is on at 3:00 Central Time.

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:23 am

That is incredibly strange. I was away at boarding school and thus TV-less when ENT was actually running, forced to rely on my mom to remember to tape them for me. I eventually ended up seeing seasons 1-3 on Netflix, and then got to four and was like, "Wait, didn't we take care of the Xindi last season?" and stopped watching there... until they started running on HDNET and my mom discovered the wonders of TIVO... And now we're watching VOY via Netflix because that's the one trek that's never syndicated...

Anyway, I guess where I'm going with this is, Koss is kinda like an Amanda Cole charector. Sure, he gets more screen time, but what do we actually know about him? Nothing, really, and so I've seen him in fics as everything from a sadist and/or Romulan spy to much put upon guy next door. Though, personally, I find him much more interesting when he's a good guy. Evil can be boring sometimes...

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:29 am

Like Alelou I'm east coast so it should be 4. But like I said its never on when they say it should be. Today was monster movies.

aadarshinah I agree I've seen Koss as everything, and usually I find him most intriguing when he's portrayed as a decent guy. However I admit when an author makes him more than a one-dimensional evil guy, I enjoy it just as much. The problem is I usually need Koss' motivation for evil as more than just wanting T'Pol or to hurt T'Pol. Which unfortunately the only reasons the majority of writers use to make him evil.

Of course Misplaced's MU Koss is an exception to every Koss convention ever.

Fics

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:43 am

WarpGirl wrote:aadarshinah I agree I've seen Koss as everything, and usually I find him most intriguing when he's portrayed as a decent guy. However I admit when an author makes him more than a one-dimensional evil guy, I enjoy it just as much. The problem is I usually need Koss' motivation for evil as more than just wanting T'Pol or to hurt T'Pol. Which unfortunately the only reasons the majority of writers use to make him evil.

For some reason, this has me thinking of Tolaris. Sure, I think he's a jerk and he seems to be portrayed that way in most fics, but has anyone ever seen a fic where he's, I dunno, a fundamentally good guy who got carried away or made a mistake or what not?

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”