Thoughts on Koss?

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: Thoughts on Koss?

Postby Silverbullet » Wed May 11, 2011 6:00 pm

TPTB are legal targets? ow come I get slapped down whenever I critize them? I have said I don't care for Bragga and blame him fo rmost of Ent's prolbems. Bang I get it.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed May 11, 2011 6:03 pm

It was a joke SB she wasn't being serious. Oh my dear all of that sun isn't relaxing you? :patpat:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Ulva
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Ulva » Thu May 12, 2011 6:17 pm

Silverbullet wrote:TPTB are legal targets? ow come I get slapped down whenever I critize them? I have said I don't care for Bragga and blame him fo rmost of Ent's prolbems. Bang I get it.

SB

As WarpGirl pointed out, I was joking. I'm not interested in bashing the ones behind the show. They gave us a show we for the most part liked. At least certain characters.

However, there are things you can criticise constructively, and in this case, Koss as a character is poorly explained (or rather, not at all), something which naturally can be discussed.

I'm fond of joking at times, mostly in a British understatement manner and when WarpGirl really hit the nail on the head, I couldn't resist it. The rest was an attempt from my side to make it clear that I wasn't being mean and that I never intend to be towards fellow posters, though I could make a joke or two on someone else's expense. However, anyone who knows me also knows that I'm not fond of bashing anyone, so the Beebs are safe from harm.
Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right. - Isaac Asimov

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu May 12, 2011 6:21 pm

:D Thank you. Thank you very much! I think we have the same sense of humor Ulva.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Fri May 13, 2011 2:35 pm

My problem was, and is, all the missed opportunities. Not to mention all of the episodes that were so poorly written. That fault lies at the top. Poor management has sunk many things. Enterprise should have, and could have, lasted for at least seven or eight seasons easily. all of the other Ensemble series did. enterprise was poorly mnaged and it was a one Hero series which I always believed helped to ensure that it would not last.

IMHO.

SB

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri May 13, 2011 2:45 pm

Okay to be fair, all the things you said are valid. But I actually think Home was one of the best written episodes of the series. I mean compared to The Seventh, or The Communicator, it's brilliant and nuanced. And it showed very noble character traits of our intrepid heros.

The tragedy of the episode is that Koss was so shafted, he could have been a great villian, or a sympathetic man in an impossible situation. Unfortunately nobody gave him a concrete role. And I find that sad.

Fics

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Fri May 13, 2011 2:46 pm

To me, Trek has always been about the characters not the situations. But to people having to actually produce and direct it, I imagine they're far more interested about the logistics and finances and politics of running a complicated business which hangs on the whim of the distribution channels, rather than looking at the long term view of where their various characters are going.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri May 13, 2011 2:58 pm

That's what Fanfic is for baby!

Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Fri May 13, 2011 4:05 pm

WG, Koss was never developed in Home. He was just a blackmailer. The look on his face just before the ceremony seemed to say he was hardened to the ceremony it was not his idea.

T'Les is still my vote for the villeness of Home. Not Koss. she used Koss and he probably used her too. Koss bviously still wanted T'Pol and just as obviously she didn't want him but he was shoved down her throat. In the garden, the only time Koss was a little sympathetic, was when he said "I want you to be happy." Unfortunately he meant happy with him. Not happy with another of her own choosing.

Never cared for the episode Home. As Rigel Kent has said often it was just a filler to provide a little angst. Useless because it failed to do so.

Koss shold have been made an entirely sympathetic character or a complete villan. As it was he was nothing.

Cogito. The bean counters should have had their eye on the bucks. If they wanted to recover thier investment it behooved them to make sure Enterprise reflected the fans wishes. Or at least the advertisers. Enterprise lasting seven seasons with high level advertisers would have recovered costs and made a profit. That was thier concern. To achieve that someone had to be watching te store and no one was. So Eterprise stumbled to an early end. If you had seen the early advertisers for the re-runs they were male enhancement and the like. As time has gone by the quality of the advertisers has risen. Now you have major car companies. Insurance companes, Burger King, etc. The series is probably making a greater return on investment than when first broadcast. It is probably on its sixth round of re-runs. It grows in popularity and gains new viewers. What if it had gone the seven or eight seasons as it should?

SB
Last edited by Silverbullet on Fri May 13, 2011 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri May 13, 2011 4:09 pm

Oh SB isn't most of that what I just said? Not the part about T'Les, because I don't see the evidence but the rest of it, It's pretty much what I said.

Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Fri May 13, 2011 4:32 pm

That, dear WG, means that great minds think alike but articulate a bit differently. You are right you did say basically the sme thing. I salute you.

SB

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri May 13, 2011 4:37 pm

:hatsoff:

Fics

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”