New Story by Drogna

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

blacknblue
Site Admin

Re: New Story by Drogna

Postby blacknblue » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:16 pm

Egad. I sit corrected. Being tied to Archer versus catching an incurable silicon based plague? Gimme the virus every time.
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:30 pm

It's almost too bad he wasn't smothered by the augments. :raspberry: :lol:

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:32 pm

EEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!

Brain Soap! Grapefruit Spoon!

:explode:
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby Reanok » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:33 pm

I also liked T'Pol's bedside vigil she was really worried about Trip. I really thought those were well written scenes and conveyed T'Pol's concern and the line that mentions T'Pol's love shown in her expression while she was watching over him. That was one of my favorite parts of chapter 17. Alelou looking fprward to reading your story. Well done Drogna. :D

Dinah
Commander
Commander

Postby Dinah » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:18 pm

The conclusion to your story was very satisfying, but you left the door wide open for further adventures. Who was the "higher up" person who was pulling strings for Colonel Andros? Will Darwin find true happiness with the Andorians? Do Klingons really have a softer side? Will T'Pol every be able to tell Trip how she feels about him?

And just for the record -- I like your stories just the way they are. Nobody writes Trip in trouble the way you do! You haven't finished this story yet and I'm already salivating for the next one. :drool: No pressure of course. :lol:

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:03 pm

blacknblue wrote:Yeah! That's right! How come Hoshi is the only girl who ever gets sick or hurt? *indignant* How come the guys always have to take the hits? The only time anyone else gets hurt is when T'Pol gets a minor scratch in the line of duty and ends up looking all heroic for it. But she never gets *sick*.

I exploded her uterus. Does that count?
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:31 pm

That wasn't sickness. That was a catastrophic act of divine retribution for all the shit she dished out to Trip. Either that, or a divine gift from above that allowed her to have an entire family all in one swell foop. Whichever.
--Tecumseh
--King Solomon the Wise

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:43 pm

I bet she felt pretty sick. ;) :twisted:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Drogna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Drogna » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:34 pm

It is complete!
:happyjump: Epilogue

Thanks to everyone for the comments. It really does help.

I tend to think of myself as an action writer who doesn't do romance very well, so it's especially nice when someone tells me they like the bits of Trip/T'Pol I do put in. I'm never quite sure that I get T'Pol right anyway, sometimes it can be very hard to hear her voice. And yes, my favourite occupation is to put Trip through the wringer, and I don't plan to change that any time soon, it's too much fun. I'm not a doctor so I know it's not always completely accurate on exact details, but I do try to do some research so that it comes across as believable, and it's good to know that I'm at least partially successful. 8) On this one I had a bit of help as I know a virologist and he was able to give me a few pointers.

Alelou: Looking forward to your next one! Will see about some T'Pol torture next time around.
Dinah: Still not sure about a sequel for this one, but as you say, there is room...

Thanks should also go to my Beta (Mr Drogna) for all his help, which was mostly done on the train on the way to work. It's the only time he gets to himself these days, poor guy.
Work in Progress:
Number Theory - Desert Rose Universe
Recently Completed:
Songs in Red and Grey - Special Projects Series
Blood, Sweat and Tears - Stand Alone

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:31 am

A sweet ending, Drogna. I enjoy Bedside!T'Pol.

I know I give you grief about all the Drogna!Trip suffering, but it's interesting too. You get a little taste of what REAL health suffering can be like (way too long and terrible for an hour-long TV show) and I also like the way you address PTSD.

TV is so unrealistic. Sometimes I think I'd like to sit down and count every time Trip gets knocked out (hmm, a video, anyone?). The man should be talking like Mohammed Ali. He'd be lucky to make it to 40 without drooling.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Entilzha
Captain
Captain

Postby Entilzha » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:58 am

Very good ending. Thank you for this masterpiece :D
You live for The One, you die for The One.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:24 pm

Exactly!
A very good ending.
And, as Frenchmen say…

À bientôt… see you soon… with your Postcards from Deep Space One :D
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

pookha
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby pookha » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:56 am

a very good ending
:)

but trip should consider talking to malcolm and and tpol. each
i suspect have stories about how young idealists got caught up in something they didnt expect.

why malcolm got into section and how he got out ( i have a fun theory that forrest helped to get him out and assigned to enterprise and once forrest died some of the protection went away_)

maybe trip , tpol , jon and malcolm should go on a camping trip and tell different kind of campfire stories since jon knows a little about each past "secret " lives maybe he could get them to talk.

Drogna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Drogna » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:12 am

pookha wrote:a very good ending
:)

but trip should consider talking to malcolm and and tpol. each
i suspect have stories about how young idealists got caught up in something they didnt expect.

why malcolm got into section and how he got out ( i have a fun theory that forrest helped to get him out and assigned to enterprise and once forrest died some of the protection went away_)

maybe trip , tpol , jon and malcolm should go on a camping trip and tell different kind of campfire stories since jon knows a little about each past "secret " lives maybe he could get them to talk.

I started writing this series before Season 4 started, so Section 31 doesn't exist here. The original concept was that Special Projects was a proto-Section 31. Also no bond for the same reason.

Some nice points here though, maybe in the next one.
Work in Progress:
Number Theory - Desert Rose Universe
Recently Completed:
Songs in Red and Grey - Special Projects Series
Blood, Sweat and Tears - Stand Alone

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:22 am

Wonderful epilog to Songs of Red and Gray Drogna. That leaves the door open for another story in your Maco series. Drogna is there a chance someday soon you'll be updating Postcards from deep space 1. Trip was left in a pretty dangerous situation where your last chapter leaves off after the explosion Trip and his crew got caught in. I just re-read it and it makes a heck of a cliff hanger to be continued eek. :shock: :) Trip needs to be rescued.

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”