Vulcan names list. Anyone want?

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Vulcan names list. Anyone want?

Postby WarpGirl » Tue May 04, 2010 8:39 pm

chauvith Sounds like a good name for a chauvanistic Vulcan. But such a Vulcan could not possibly be logical. Must be a member of V'tosh Katur. :-P
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Postby Alelou » Tue May 04, 2010 9:38 pm

Just means he's a pre-Awakening Vulcan from Enterprise. Seems like they were nearly all a bunch of self-satisfied bigoted chauvinists of one kind or another.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue May 04, 2010 10:15 pm

Good point.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Sun May 30, 2010 5:16 pm

This is most helpful. Thanks, crystalwolf!
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sun May 30, 2010 5:32 pm

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
Nothing to do with whatever thread, but I love this, Rigil Kent. It was my motto since when I began to think (Mh... But did I begin? :doubt: )
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon May 31, 2010 1:28 am

I put my thank you in my author's notes for this thread. I flat out refuse to take credit for coming up with Vulcan names. To me it is the hardest part of writing Trek Fic. Sith names are much easier.

Fics

crystalswolf
Commander
Commander

Postby crystalswolf » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:09 am

Glad you guys find them useful. Now that I've been obsessing over the Vulcan language (Hubs has been calling me "Nerd!" and this is coming from a man that's admittedly a cross between Sheldon and Leonard), I've found ways to make them more "authentic". As for the names already listed, no one would know the difference except for the obsessed like me, I suppose. I'm definitely a linguaphile and Vulcan is my latest obsession. :badgrin:

WG, thanks. That's sweet of you.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:39 am

Well I thought of it as more honest. But you're very welcome. I love Vulcan too, but I never want to try and speak it unless I hear it first. If I just try to pronounce what I'm reading, who knows might come out. :oops:

Fics

crystalswolf
Commander
Commander

Postby crystalswolf » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:26 am

Oh, I just meant it's one of those things where short of saying "I created the names" it's not taking credit or anything. It's no biggie whether ref'd or not, was just a bunch of letters sausaged together by a program given certain parameters.

LOL. I wouldn't dare try to speak the language either. My love of language, any language, is the form it takes and how it relates to the culture (there is one exception). Even while typing this post I had to stop myself. I caught myself typing a massive post about what I find fascinating about the Vulcan language structure that was created :banghead: In short, it combines my 3 loves: ST (especially Vulcan), language, and language creation.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:44 am

Well I just wish I had the talent to create a Language. But I know that I don't. I am however a natural mimic, so I pick up accents and pronunciation very quickly. I used to freak out my mother by answering her with the voice of a ST character. For example Deanna Troi would be perfect if I wanted to make mom jump. So if I ever wanted to speak Vulcan I'd have to learn by hearing it.

Fics

crystalswolf
Commander
Commander

Postby crystalswolf » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:26 pm

That's an awesome talent to have. Heck, lot's of actors would kill for that ability.

I think the Vulcan language is just one of those that would be better written than spoken (unlike Klingon). Even in the early days of TOS, they mentioned that the language was a bit of a hassle for humans to speak. I guess it's not destined to be spoken at Cons like Klingon, but gives the ability to enhance the richness of stories written by us fanfic writers ;) Besides... would make a wonderful novelty Boggle, dont 'cha think :lol:

Bazinga!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:00 pm

It's also good for Karaoke night! 8) IDK I kind wish it was spoken more. I used to be able to mimic Saavik in Search for Spock dead on. That freaked my sister out! I'm evil. :twisted:

Fics

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”