A Malcolm and T'Pol friendship

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

A Malcolm and T'Pol friendship

Postby honeybee » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:00 am

So, is it just me or does anyone else like scenes with Malcolm and T'Pol? I know he crushed on her in the first season, but thankfully the writers dropped that. But I always enjoyed the few scenes where they work together as professionals.

In my fics, I constantly have them in scenes together. It just keeps happening. Probably because I always have Malcolm using his spy skills and T'Pol and her V'Shar connections usually get roped into that.
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: A Malcolm and T'Pol friendship

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:40 am

I like them as professionals yes. I have to say I don't really see them getting too personally close. Her closeness with Trip and at times Archer (yuck!) were kind of the exception for her rather than something she sought out. I think Malcolm "gets" her in the beginning, he's reserved to the point of stand-offishness in the begining and a stickler for protocal and rules. I kind of have it in my head that Malcolm is like familt to Trip and by extension family to T'Pol. And T'Pol is closer to Hoshi and by extension Trip. And I'm a Mal/Hoshi shipper so everyone is totally mashed up.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Postby Distracted » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:50 am

I had them bonding professionally and conspiring together in a spy-wise fashion in a few of my fics (after she set him straight about NOT being available). It would make sense. They're very much alike.
Image sig by chrisis1033

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:01 am

I agree with you Distracted. They are too much alike to romantically spark. If T'Pol wanted reserved, she'd just marry a Vulcan. Koss or someone. But I do like the idea of them working together - comparing spy notes and whatnot. And I would imagine in her capacity as XO - she would also work closely with the tactical officer pretty much all the time.

But I think what is interesting is the idea that they would not socialize outside of work - but I think they probably would work very well together.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:37 am

I'm not sure I think they would not socialize outside work. I think that they would not socialize too intimately. Like she wouldn't talk to him about her mother, and he wouldn't talk about his family. In a group setting or just with Trip or maybe Hoshi I don't think T'Pol would mind socializing, and I'm pretty sure Malcolm wouldn't be unfomfortable either.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:32 pm

Well, I'm pretty certain that Malcolm and T'Pol would socialize in groups - but what is interesting to me is that their relationship is almost solely based on their work together, which we didn't get to see enough of.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:03 pm

Well "work" wasn't a priority on ENT. Disasters were.

Fics

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”