Carbon Creek, T'Mir and Tellarites

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Carbon Creek, T'Mir and Tellarites

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:00 am

I was giving more cultured and mature men the benifit of the doubt. And you'd notice if they were sex me heels. Believe me, girls watch out for those too, because we have to protect our men! Or entice them if they're good. ;-)
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Show On Map: No

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:30 am

Even cultured and mature men retain some vestiges of adolescence. Why would I otherwise even make my own T'Pol calendar. :mrgreen:
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:35 am

Still it would be rude of me to call you on it.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:21 pm

Watched Carbon Creek again last night. As usual I loved it.

Even more than the fact that T-Pol and Mestral found clothes and shoes that fit them exactly I begin to think of some other things:

What if they were not rescued but had to live out their lives on Earth? The males would still be subject to Pon Farr every seven years. So, lets say that they go through their Pon Farr a few years apart. woud T-Mir service them? Or send them off to the nearest large city to find Pros who could take care of them. If T-Mir did service them she probably would get pregnant from that so in 21 years she woul d have nine children. Imagine nine vulcan children running around? But they were rescued. so that probelm didn't arise. But Mistral stayed behind and he was subject to Pon Farr. I understand that when males enter Pon Farr they go a little crazy. so here we have a Bat shit crazy Vulcan, Horny as hell, looking for a mate.That should have been real intersting.

Trip says at the end of te episode that when Mistral dies they would see hs pointed Ears. but he does not mention the Green Blood. If his body was around an embalmer would drain his blood and put embalming fluid in the body. Imagine his surprise when out came all of the lovely Green blood. Bet he would contact the Newscasts on that.

Lots of inrtersting little things came up in my mind watching this Episode for the fourth time.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:45 pm

The Carbon Creek episode was what inspired me to write my first ever fan fic. I probably would cringe if I went back and reread it, but the idea of Mestral living the rest of his life on earth still excites me. Of course he would have to find a mate or his life on earth would be awfully short. I had him hook up with Maggie. Then because of his long life span, he would have to take a series of human mates over his lifetime. So I gave him at least two others besides Maggie, if I remember right. I tried to work with the idea of what it would be like for him to loose mate after mate. And I gave him children with each. And had to figure out how they hid from discovery. I thought these would be very interesting problems.

As to his being discovered when he died, Mestral's human family would take care of him.

If anyone wants to read my story, it is on Soval's Annex and is called "Of Old Shipmates". I wonder if it is worth rewriting? I will have to go back and see.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:10 pm

Haven't read that one, Linda. I probably wouldn't seek it out, normally not being that interested in the character. However, the Strange New Worlds 10 or 11 or whatever it was (the only one that I ever bought after getting interested in Enterprise) had a very interesting Mestral story in it. I actually thought it was the only decent Enterprise story in there.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:00 pm

I met the actor who played Mestral at a convention a few years ago. But I was too shy to tell him that I was writing a fan fiction story about his character. I found the character and his situation fascinating and was disappointed that Enterprise did not do any followup on him. Same with the Kov character. But this leaves a lot of space for fan fic writers to speculate on and further develop, these minor characters.

Oh, I did submit my Mestral story to Strange New Worlds 7 or 8. But I did not send an SASE, so I did not find out how far into the selection process my story got. Probably not far, LOL. I just reread it last night and did not cringe as much as I thought I would. But I did put a lot of ideas in it as to how a Vulcan would feel living in an earth culture for the rest of his life. I think it would be okay for Elessar to put it on Triaxian Silk as he is doing for other House of Tucker stories. I would be interested in some critiques on the story's faults and strengths. I think my writing has improved, but I still am interested in how people would view the ideas in the story.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”