VOY Haters and Lovers Talk Here!

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

VOY Haters and Lovers Talk Here!

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:23 pm

But everybody be nice OK some of us lovers are a little sensitive to haters. You try to understand us we try to understand you.

OK on the subject of the Captain's love life... It makes no sense that she didn't have one. Chakotay was a wanted terrorist, not Starfleet for 6 years. I can see why they wanted to use Starfleet rules, but there is such a thing as a secret. And although it was hard to keep one on VOY it wasn't impossible. Despite what Tom said.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Transwarp
Captain
Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: VOY Haters and Lovers Talk Here!

Postby Transwarp » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:44 pm

WarpGirl wrote:but there is such a thing as a secret.

Not sure I'm following you. What secret? That Chakotay was a terrorist? I thought everyone knew that.
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:45 pm

NO! That Chakotay and the Captian have more than just dinner 3 nights a week! :oops: :mrgreen:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:27 pm

WarpGirl wrote:NO! That Chakotay and the Captian have more than just dinner 3 nights a week! :oops: :mrgreen:

They also spent a lot of time alone together on a deserted planet, because of an illness. But in the end: nothing that indicates more then a friendship. Sorry, Warpgirl. Wasn't there a episode called after a musical term where Janeway develops romantic feelings for a bad guy? O.. and there is that episode where most of the crew lost their memory and were working on a special factory. Janeway had a boyfriend in that episode.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:32 pm

I shipped for those two myself (mildly at least) but the captain really shouldn't mess around with her first officer no matter how hunky and supportive he is. Perhaps especially a female captain. It's just begging for trouble. Especially when you're marooned in the Delta quadrant and can't go your separate ways if things don't work out.

I might have stuck around for Voyager longer if I hadn't burnt out on TNG. Also I just plain didn't care for Kate Mulgrew. I probably would have liked Janeway a lot better played by someone else. I'm sure she's a lovely woman in real life, but I just never cared for her delivery. I couldn't even sit through her talk at the convention. I really wanted to like her and that series, especially since I had potential work hinging on it, but I just couldn't.

That doesn't mean I ever bought Chakotay and 7 of 9 for a minute. (:upchuck:)
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:46 pm

Oh so many episodes so little time. There were MANY episodes that had those two as more then friends. Anyway I didn't technically "ship" for them. Not like I didn Tom and B'Elanna and TnT. I just hated them not being together because it was stupid. I love Kate Mulgrew, and I loved Janeway.

Still Robbie McNeill is my ultimate Trek Man! I even was in love with Nick Lacarno. Yes this good little girl wanted a BAD BOY! Actually that snapped me out of me Wesley infatuation VERY FAST! Still haven't grown out of Robbie though. The ultimate can't have. DARN!

P/T is the perfect Trek Romance for me, because they are so balanced for each other (and hot VERY HOT) on the outside they appear different but underneath they're a matched set. And Roxann Dawson and Robbie McNeill never seemed to really "act" out that love story, it just was. Even at the begining, Heck I called them at Caretaker. It took Jonathan Frakes and Marina Sirtis two seasons to become truly Imzadi. But P/T they just were, almost instantly it was beautiful. And it actually went somewhere!

Fics

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:52 pm

I watched all seasons of VOY, perhaps missing and ep or two, (in my defence it was the only Trek and even sci-fi available at the time) and it never entered my mind that there was something between Insaneway and Chuckles. I only discovered that there was a "ship" afterwards when I saw it in online fandom. I didn't get it at all on the show proper.

But then again, I never really saw the Mulder/Scully thing either.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:56 pm

OK How can anyone not see Mulder/Scully. I watched maybe 5 episodes of the X-Files and all I needed was 10 seconds to see Mulder and Scully. I couldn't understand why he didn't just grab her the second he saw her.

Anyway... I'm going to look up every episode where Chakotay and Kathryn should have done SOMETHING and list them later.

Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:59 pm

Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:But then again, I never really saw the Mulder/Scully thing either.

:shock:

No, really, I know there were noromos. I knew that. I did. I looked upon them with pity and compassion and puzzlement, much as one might look upon Archer/T'Pol shippers, but there you are.

However, I do think that if you'd missed a key episode or two, it would be easy to miss the Janeway/Chakotay thing. They never really did much with it, and it wasn't like they had sizzling chemistry. That's part of the reason I got bored and drifted off. After years of obsessive TNG watching, more scifi plots were just not cutting it for me. Plus ... I'd gotten sucked into the X Files instead. One unhealthy addiction to a TV show at a time is all I can handle.
Image.Image

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:03 pm

I just never did see Mulder/Scully! They only seemed to have a professional relationship to me. :dunno: I was never really a big X-Files fan but I did watch most of it. I was more interested in the plots, especially the conspiracy stuff.

But that's really OT.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:11 pm

Alelou Mulder/Scully were pretty cosey in the new movie. It was almost cute. Not that I saw the whole movie, I just skipped to the good parts. ;-)

Oh heck... Everytime Janeway and Chakotay are ready to kill each other, (about 5 times) I say "This is why you should have kissed her on the Damn planet because now you're in a pickle. But Robert Beltran is gay, and he fought his character having a girlfriend. Saying "after Seska, why would he go through that again?" It's not like the producers listened to him anyway. So why put him with 2, 2! Blond Borg? I mean seriously Say What?

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:56 pm

Robert Beltran is gay? Hmmm. That explains a lot.
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:58 pm

Oh yes quite. And he so wanted Chakotay to be too. But they said no. Well it wouldn't make sense after his angry warrior speech now would it? Oh heck it wouldn't make sense after the Spirit Guide thing, he was totally putting the moves on there.

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:06 pm

It's just that he had NO chemistry at ALL with Jeri Ryan. C'mon, now. How could any straight man not be at least objectively admiring of the girl? There was nothing between them except cordiality. Zilch. Nada.

Heck, I even think she's hot! :shock: :lol:
Image sig by chrisis1033

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:07 pm

Mulder and Scully were almost cozy and cute in that movie, yes, but they should have been cozy and cute about four years into that frickin' show and instead they dragged it out for 8 or 9 seasons complete with moldy Mulder coming back from being BURIED in the GROUND for God's sake, so ... they jumped the shark about four times over and their sharks were as frickin' WEIRD and UNBELIEVABLE as they could get. Chris Carter needed serious therapy. In fact, I WROTE a therapy session for Chris Carter because it was just so obvious to me that the man needed it. I will say this for XF -- it was so maddening that it inspired A LOT of fanfic. That's what started me writing fanfic. SOMEBODY had to fix that crap. :bitch: Also a lot of fans bonded because they needed mutual support to endure that show.

(But Alelou, what do you REALLY think?) :roll:

TnT as a couple are true models of communication, generosity, trust and love compared to Mulder and Scully. Which just goes to show you how screwed up Mulder and Scully were.
Image.Image

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”