VOY Haters and Lovers Talk Here!

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: VOY Haters and Lovers Talk Here!

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:30 pm

Dis let's be honest how could any MAN not objectify Jeri Ryan in his thoughts? I don't know any man gay or straight that hasn't had a she's hot moment. But honestly I don't find Jeri Ryan special. Bombshell yes, special not really.

Alelou You wrote X-Files to fix Scully/Mulder! That's why I started writing TnT. Although I have to say I never saw any distrust or a lack of love between Scully/Mulder.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Postby Distracted » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:14 am

WarpGirl wrote:Dis let's be honest how could any MAN not objectify Jeri Ryan in his thoughts?
That's my point. Beltran obviously doesn't give a flip about her sexually. You can tell by the way he plays his scenes. Phttt. Nothing. That's why him being gay explains a lot for me. That's all I was trying to say. Jeri Ryan's a very attractive girl. Not the best actress in the world, and I don't think she's as beautiful as Jolene, but physically she's a knockout. I've always scratched my head over the complete lack of chemistry in her scenes with Beltran. Now I know why.
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:20 am

Ooops I didn't say it right. What I meant was I've known gay men to objectify a woman's curves before. I've seen them drool over a body. They might not want sex, but they notice. Especially life guards. I think Robert Beltran was just sick of it. Anyway it was just WRONG!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:27 am

Meh. If she didn't want to be objectified she should've found another profession. If you're an actress with a body like that you've got to expect to be objectified. Jeri Ryan getting offended over being objectified would be just as preposterous as a Playboy centerfold complaining that people only wanted her for her body. Well, duh. :roll:

Don't flaunt it unless you want people to admire it. At least she could make a living at it. And she's even gotten a few serious roles since.
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:32 am

I don't think she objected, well the corset she objected too but who wouldn't. I think Beltran objected to playing straight. Which I will only say next time ask before you take a roll. And I only say he objected because of the interviews and chats I've read at ST.com.

But really how awesome was the chick power? Female Captian, female mixed-spieces Chief Engineer, and she nabbed the hottest guy on ship. I was so :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes:

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:58 am

I think Beltran was being unrealistic. A primetime show with a large adolescent male fan base was not the place to promote the gay agenda. At least not in the decade that Voyager aired. Not if they wanted to stay on the air past the first season. The writers and producers knew that. Beltran should have known that, too.
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:00 am

Heck yes! Why don't many people like Tuvok? He rocked!

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:03 am

Tuvok always struck me as wooden. I've seen the actor in other roles, and even when his role allows him to smile he's stiff and just not that good.
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:05 am

Yeah, but there was one line I WILL NEVER FORGET... <best vulcan voice> I have learned that pregnancy and patience go hand-in-hand! God that made me giddy for a week.

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:09 am

Pregnancy and patience, huh? For me it was always pregnancy and IMpatience, actually. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:23 am

I think he was talking about how guys SHOULD be patient. But as far as I know it's rare. Still perfect scene. It was way awesome!

Fics

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:13 pm

Distracted wrote:
WarpGirl wrote:Dis let's be honest how could any MAN not objectify Jeri Ryan in his thoughts?
That's my point. Beltran obviously doesn't give a flip about her sexually. You can tell by the way he plays his scenes. Phttt. Nothing. That's why him being gay explains a lot for me. That's all I was trying to say. Jeri Ryan's a very attractive girl. Not the best actress in the world, and I don't think she's as beautiful as Jolene, but physically she's a knockout. I've always scratched my head over the complete lack of chemistry in her scenes with Beltran. Now I know why.

I was really disappointed in how that relationship was dealt with. You didn't get any vibes like this is a couple in love with their scenes. Felt a bit forced. The funny thing is, there is a scene when B'lanna and Chakotay have a moment - it is B'lanna's fantasy - long before Tom - and that scene had a lot of chemistry.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:16 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Heck yes! Why don't many people like Tuvok? He rocked!

Tuvok was my one of favorite characters on VOY. You can learn a lot from him about Vulcans, being a normal Vulcan without any problems like Spock or T'Pol had.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:24 pm

YES! So true. Glad to see someone else appreciates him. And Tim Russ was built too! :drool: But Tom most awesome ever. :drool: :faint:

Fics

auroraborealis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby auroraborealis » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:22 am

I have a friend who is hardcore into VOY. I never understood it. I introduced her to Star Trek through the original series. Then she picked up Voyager and so I tried watching some of it. I hated it. I don't like Captain Janeway's voice. I never saw her as the badass they tried to portray. I didn't like the plot of the series. They're lost in space. I didn't like belanna. I didn't like chekov. I HATED the relationship between Kes and Neelix. OMG it was bordering on abusive freaking boyfriend. It drove me up the wall :banghead: . He told Kes who she could and couldn't see. uggg. :upchuck: I hated it. Okay so the good things about Voy. I liked Tuvok. I liked his friendship with seven of nine. I liked a few episodes. And when I say a few I mean like maybe 10 out of the entire series. I liked this one when Kim and Tom were trapped in this ship prison. I think it was called the chute. And Cold fire and THis one that talked about Neelix and these people that wiped out his world and how he was a deserter from the military or something like that. Theres a couple more that I like. I liked Seska. I hated the guys that looked like they had coral growing out of thier head. I don't know the whole series just kind of sucked for me. And I watched the whole thing so I have a pretty good idea what it's about. The one thing I thought they shold have done is I would have liked Ensign Kim and Seven of Nine. He was kind of nieve adn she was just coming into her humanity. But basically I hated the show.

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”