VOY Haters and Lovers Talk Here!

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: VOY Haters and Lovers Talk Here!

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:34 pm

Oh God and I just said I absolutely hated DS9. B'Elanna is my favorite Trek girl ever! And the Paris/Torres romance beats TnT by 70,000 lightyears. I love my VOY. Oh well we agree about a lot of other things.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Postby Alelou » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:56 pm

I tried very, very hard to like Voyager, and it had a few good moments for me, but mostly I just couldn't have cared less about it. I gave up on it in year three, I think. I came back to watch the finale. That was nice, but that was enough. I've never been able to summon the enthusiasm even to order the DVDs from the library.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:00 pm

Mindboggling. Absolutely mindboggling. :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: But then I don't see the fuss over DS9. :doubt: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:44 pm

Sorry.
Between one yawn and the other, I tryed to see VOY. But sleep won.
On the other hand, as I always confessed, after TOS (AND NOT THE WHOLE TOS), I had to await for Enterprise's arrival, before I was able again to taste Star Trek (and, frankly, only owing to Trip and T'Pol).
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:48 pm

To each his own. But at least VOY didn't make you wait 15 years for the romance to play out like Troi and Riker, didn't fake out like Picard and Crusher (I'm still raging mad over that one) and didn't make it fail like TnT. So I consider it the most romantic. And Robbie McNeill I :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: Robbie McNeill.

Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:05 pm

WarpGirl wrote:... and didn't make it fail like TnT.

That's true, and I a very angry because of that.
For once that I was again able to see something good (Trip and T'Pol), a pool of idiots thought to erase the only good thing they had written.
Have I said already that the nitwits' mother is always pregnant?
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:06 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Mindboggling. Absolutely mindboggling. :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: But then I don't see the fuss over DS9. :doubt: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

I agree 100%. I never got into DS9. I was a recently converted TNG trekkie in 1993, and I think avoiding DS9 was one of the ways I clung to the notion that I wasn't a *real* Trekkie, not like those nuts who read the books and go to the conventions and...oh damn. Eventually I realized and revelled in my Trekkie status, but DS9 was always sort of last in line for me in interest.

Voyager, I loved. I would stay up till 12:30 am every night to watch it in reruns with Priso back in the "olden days" before downloads. This was a whole eight or nine years ago, which in today's terms is like three decades. (We're running at about a decade every three years now, yes? Approximately.)

Voyager had it all: a discrete storyline with a beginning, a middle, and thank our stars: an END! And a relatively GOOD one! Not some slap-you-in-the-face piece of BeeB crap. There were a few classic stinker eps, but on the whole I was left satisfied with the majority of them. They had their typical trek relationships that go nowhere, but they also had a few that did go somewhere. And a whole bunch of new races, not just the constant Klingons Romulans Cardassians, yada yada yada.

It was awesome. Totally great.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:08 pm

:happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: I had to stay up until 2:00am and I did every dang night. My parents finally let me have a TV in my room because there was no way in grethor I was missing my Tom and B'Elanna.

Fics

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:28 pm

The only reason why I watched VOY was that it wasn't much else on that was sci-fi or Trek at the time in my country. TNG had ended and DS9 was only shown on some obscure cable channel I didn't have. But I didn't really care for VOY, and come to think of it I wasn't really into TNG either. My Trek interest, which began when I was a kid in the seventies watching TOS, didn't come back until ENT. And only recently have I seen DS9 on DVD, and that show I liked.

So for me the odd-numbered shows have been good (TOS, DS9, ENT), whereas the even-numbered (TNG, VOY) not so much.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:31 pm

I loved TNG so much my face hurt. When the finale came on I watched it alone in the basement, crying out loud the whole time. My family watched it upstairs, rolling their eyes at me. I was 14 1/2. Ah, those angsty middle teens. :lol:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:37 pm

TNG was rather meh to me. Since it was on on the same day as they showed Bablyon 5 it became painfully obvious to me how much superior B5 was.

auroraborealis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby auroraborealis » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:16 am

Babylon 5 is on my list along with Andromeda and Farscape as scifi I need to watch. Picard was my favorite Captain though. By far the best. and totally dreamy. lol. :loveeyes:

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:18 am

Not to mention he's been the same age for the past 24 years.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:02 am

I should love B5 because of Bruce Boxlitener my mom taught me to adore him at age 2. However I hated that show. Everyone else annoyed the bejeebers out of me. TNG was everything to me until VOY. And VOY is still number 1 in my demented brain.

Fics

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:09 am

There's nothing, apart maybe for the disappointment that was its fifth and last season, that beats the awesomeness that is B5. That show is superior to any Trek. Londo, G'Kar, Garibaldi, Sheridan, Ivanova, Vir and the rest... All terrific characters! There, I said it!

* runs and hides from the flying tomatoes thrown my way *

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”